Step 1 Sole Source + 4 stones lighter for summer, here we go!

This week I have lost 4.6 pounds! I'm pretty happy with that. The last 3 weeks have been a write off as I was on holiday and just didn't properly stick with Cambridge. But now I'm refocused and ready to reach my goal and get in shape. I've been told indirectly by 3 people this week, that I am significantly overweight. It's not a great feeling. I know I have a lot to lose. I am going to get there though. I'm not going to let this get the better of me.
So this week I'm doing 100% and I'm going to go to the gym every day possible. My Cambridge counselor is back in 10 days so I'm hoping for another 6 or 7 pounds. Here goes!

I hate it when people tell us we are overweight , like we don't know !!
Uv had ur binge , 3.4 lbs was nothing !! Think that was really good for such a big holiday with lovely food !!
Well done with ur loss , let's just keep at it now xx

Thanks tor! I know what you mean, being overweight is something we don't need to be reminded of! Anyway, 3.4lb isn't bad for a holiday, especially as we were fed very well, with lots of buffets. But we walked and cycled a lot too, so that must have helped! Back in the zone now. Hope are doing well too. We can do this! Just gotta keep our head down and keep going :)

Been feeling a bit headachey, lightheaded and weak today. But this is a good sign! When I first started I felt like this after 5 days, so I think this means I'm getting into fat burning mode or ketosis I wasn't 100% after my holiday but I have been the last few days, so that must be why I'm feeling this way now. My body is just adjusting. I know I'll feel fine again in a couple of days, and this won't kill me. This diet is a tad extreme. But the benefits of not being obese far outweigh any negatives of this diet. It seems to be a pretty "healthy" extreme diet as it was developed by Cambridge University to help people in need of operations to lose weight quickly. So it has been carefully thought out and designed to do the least possible damage whilst loosing weight quick.
Well it seems to be working for me so far. I have lost another 3lb already! I'm into the 14 stones now :) I can't wait to get weighed and show my counselor my results :) I know she'll be as excited as me. Just gotta wait 6 more days. Hopefully I will lost another 3lb and make it 10lbs for these 2 weeks.

Hey guys!
Well I reached my target and lost 10.6lb in 2 and a half weeks! I am very happy with that, especially as I was a bit naughty and had some wine and some cheese n a couple of days. But most of the time I was 100%, and I did some exercise, which I think has helped. I feel like this is working now and people have started noticing. My flatmate said I looked a lot slimmer. She hadn't seen me for 2 weeks and said she could really see a difference.
I'm on target to reach my goal, I just gotta keep it up!

You're doing really well selphie!!!

Thanks guys! It looks like you're both doing well also. Well done! I've just lost 1.8lb this week, but I know why. I only went to the gym once and went out the previous weekend, plus went out and had a lovely thai meal for a friend's birthday the night before weigh in. Also I was doing SS plus and also snacked on a few naughty things at work. So all in all it's good that I even had a loss! Since weigh in I've not been following the plan. I've had some beers last night, as we went out to celebrate birthdays, but today I was just naughty and had a sandwich, iced coffee and then baked camembert in a pub! Very bad... Also tomorrow is another friend's bday so I'll be having another meal out!
Buuut.... I'm not getting weighed until a week on Tuesday, so I have time to redeem myself. My goal after tomorrow is to go back to SS and to go to the gym at least 3 times this week. Also I need to remember to keep drinking water throughout the day. I have been forgetting this.
My weight loss goal this week is to lose 3.2lb minimum to get into the 190lbs and to smash the 1.5 stone mark.
Good luck this week ladies!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Well, I've lost 2lb over the last 2 weeks. Not amazing, but I'm generally going in the right direction. I'm not losing as fast as I wanted to, but I'm not doing the diet 100%, so you get what you give, don't ya? I'm kinda exhausted from life at the moment. Things are getting a little hectic. It's my own fault, trying to do too much with my time. Hey ho, gotta make the most of it. I'm gonna give it my best effort to keep to the plan as often as I can, and minimize any derailing that happens. Hopefully my life will become clearer and smoother in the next week or 2.
Good luck everyone!

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. I'm feeling sort of fed up at the moment. I've lost a lot of my energy, motivation and positive attitude about losing the weight. I'm also not really following the diet 100%. I'll stick to it in the daytime on weekdays, but most evenings I've been having a snack, like an ice cream or some chocolate or almonds. Also, when I get to the weekend, I've been letting myself go and having whatever I fancy. Yesterday I had nachos, 5 pints of lager and a McDonalds! Then this morning, I thought, well it's still the weekend, and I'm hungover, therefore why not have some toast, egg and sausage, with milky tea! This is a slippery slope... Now I will have to be super strict to be able to maintain my weight this week or lose 1lb if I'm lucky.
I had a little chat with my good friends last night about weight and my diet, and it left me with mixed feelings. It was nice to open up, but they are girls who have never had a problem controlling their weight, so I got the impression that they thought my diet is unhealthy and a "quick-fix" that won't work in the long run. I was told a story of a girl who lost a lot of weight through starving herself, who then regained it all and more. I was also given advise to spend my money on a weight loss counselor and to follow a healthy eating plan by planning my own meals and sticking to it.
I know my friends meant well, and they were just speaking from their own experience. But what I was wanting was some support and understanding, because I am struggling to stick with the plan at the moment. I need some motivation to keep going and push myself. I don't have the time or energy at the moment to find a weight loss counselor, or to devise my own healthy eating plan. I don't have the money to do both either as counselors are expensive. This diet has been working so far, it just takes a strong will to stick with it. But it is everything I think that I need from a diet. I can see a counselor weekly and get weighed, it is convenient, I don't have to plan, weigh or track anything, it is safe and healthy(except I don't think it is healthy for the bowels to have so little food going through, but I guess that's why water is important), plus it gives fast, reliable results.
I guess not everyone is going to be supportive or understand my motivation for doing such an extreme diet. But I know why I started this and I know what I want from it. I have been struggling recently, but I know I can turn it around. I need to remind myself why I'm doing this. It's not easy, eating is my default, feel-good habit, and old habits die hard. Changing won't be easy, but I really want to do it, because I know the benefits will far outweigh the difficulties. I really want to show everyone that I can reach my goal and I can keep it off. People talk about losing weight and keeping it off like it's just a decision you can make. If it were that easy, why are people overweight, when it is so looked down upon in our society? Surely if it were as easy as deciding to be slim, everyone would be slim? The fact is it's not that easy for some of us. Not everyone is that lucky that they can just think about losing weight and it happens. Some of us have to constantly battle with ourselves, with our instincts and cravings.
Well, it will be worth it in the end. I'm realising this diet isn't quite as easy and straightforward as I'd thought and it's not happening as quickly for me, as I had hoped. But, it is still working, I have lost 21lbs in 11 weeks, even with a 2 week holiday and without following it 100%, so my results are relative to the work I have put in, in the time I've been following it. I'm hoping this demotivated feeling will pass and I can get back into the diet 100%. I need to change my mindset, and make a commitment with myself, to stop allowing myself to go off-plan in the evenings and weekends. I need to give this 100% again. I know I will feel so much better for it. I'm just over 14 stone, so if I lose 5lb I'll be in the 13s, which is just 1 stone of where I was 2 years ago, before I began to pile all this weight on. I felt really good about myself then. I was still overweight, and curvy, but I felt my figure looked a lot nicer, and I was a lot more comfortable in my skin. So that is my next aim, to reach the 13s and then onto 13 stone exactly. I have to lose another 21lbs, which I can do in 10 weeks I'm sure. So in around 2 months I could be back to where I was last feeling good about my body. And 2 months can go really fast, it's no time at all really. So that is my plan. I have 5 weeks until my summer holiday to Nepal and the UK, so I want to be 190lb by then. I think that is achievable. I just have to get back on the diet wagon.
Sorry for such a long post, I needed a good ramble! Good luck to you all this week and thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Lost another 3lbs this week :) Feeling good. It's coming off slowly, but surely. Just 4 more pounds to lose 2 stones and I'm almost into the 13s :) The lightest I've been in the last 8 years is 12st11lb, so I'm just a stone and a bit away from that, which isn't really all that far. Once I'm there I know I'll feel a whole lot better about myself, and every weight loss after will just feel amazing :) I've had some junk food last night in the cinema, pick and mix and crisps, and this evening I had a burger and chips :( But it's no harm done, as I'm still just under 2000 cals for each day, so I can't gain anything. So over the next week I want to keep drinking lots of water, doing the diet as near 100% as I can, and get to the gym 3 times. That's my plan!

Back