40 day challenge!

Midge67

Hi

I'm a newbie to the forum - and also to a liquid only diet! I'm starting on Monday and have been reading up for the last few weeks in preparation. I'm better with 'all or nothing' in most situations so I'm hoping it'll be the same for a no food diet. I know it'll be hard for the first week (at least), but I'm getting as prepared as I possibly can. Off to buy the right drinks, ice, a blender and sweetener tomorrow....can't wait to get started on Monday! That will give me 40 days to my birthday and I'm really hoping for 1.5 stone loss. I'll be using the forum lots and lots and will probably weigh myself most days as that suits me mentally.

Thanks for all the tips on here regarding best ways to mix up the shakes (I'm trying to stick to just the shakes for a while), any other help or advice is much appreciated though!

If anyone's starting out on Monday and wants to buddy up then feel free to get in touch.

2 days to go....!!

xx

Best of luck with exante Midge! Sounds like you're well prepared!! I'm off to buy a blender today too as decided time for a change with the shakes, although I currently make them from I've cold water kept in the fridge which is yummy!

Welcome and good luck! Sounds like you're prepared in more ways than one :) xx

Hi there welcome n good luck x

Hi midge, welcome to exante you sound as if you are in the right mindset to start this journey, GOOD LUCK XX

Thanks everyone! Off to buy a tape measure soon too! Looking forward to the challenge but worried I'll find it harder than I think I will (if that makes any sense!). Less than a day to go.... x

Good afternoon Midge, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey :hug99: xx

Quite a few of us have bought a Smoothie 2go to make iced shakes, yummy!

Smoothie 2 go? I'll have a look in Argos in the morning, thank you! x

Smoothie 2 go? I'll have a look in Argos in the morning, thank you! x

You won't be disappointed, makes this diet so much more do-able I find xx

Thank you. I got a hand blender thingy today and some crushed ice as I do like the idea of a smoothie. I'll def get one in the morning. Just about to settle down to my last dinner before starting tomorrow. I can't wait to get going. I've never tried liquid only but I really think that knowing exactly what you're eating/drinking each day must make things easier...?! Time will tell I guess. I bought a dress yesterday (£10 from a charity shop) which I absolutely loved but it's a bit small - it's my inspiration for my birthday in 6 weeks time :)

I will no doubt drive my OH mad by being on here so much but I'm sure it'll be such a help to me.

Tape measure and scales are ready for the morning lol!

x

Not a great start....had root canal this morning! So can't eat even if I wanted to. Will have to wait a few hours til I taste my first shake.....ooooo! :)

Wooo. Just had my first ever shake. I mixed up 200mls of water, few chunks of ice and a banana sachet with a hand blender til it was frothy. Really surprised at the taste - quite liked it - and also it took ages to drink it all. It's a good sign that it was so filling, wasn't expecting that :)

Banana and vanilla are my favourites...... the chocolate's ok as a hot choc. Hope all goes well for your first day and 'ouch' for the dentist xx

Well, day 1 over and done with and surprisingly easy!? Hope that lasts....but I doubt it lol. Had banana for breakfast, strawberry for lunch and hot choc with peppermint tea and a sweetener for dinner last night. Didn't have any hunger pains which was fab. I haven't got to town for a smoothie maker yet but I will. I only used 200/225 mls of water but will up that today as they're so filling and thick!

A 2.5lb weight loss in a day has made me smile too! :)

x

well done on getting through day 1, day 2 nearly behind you as well, keep up with the water it does help and great you have lost already just imagine what you will have lost by day 7 xx

Thanks Jacqueline! You've done amazing!! Shouldn't wish your life away I know, but I can't wait for a month to pass :)

Day 2 nearly done and been absolutely fine again - very surprised. I haven't drunk enough so am trying to make up for it tonight. Just found out that on Thursday I'm off to a team building day at work and we'll be at a cookery school all day. Not good! But I'm confident (at the moment) that I can say no to the food and the tastings...fingers crossed.

2 days done, 38 to go! x

Good afternoon Midge, hope you're managing to stay on track still :hug99: xx

Day 3 nearly done and TS! Considering I've just got back from half an hour sitting in McDonalds with my daughter and her friend scoffing a McD's in front of me, I'm well pleased!! :)

Don't know if I'm in Ketosis or not though. Weeing for England, bad breath (but I think that's always the case if you're not eating), not hungry (but havent been since day one).

To anyone who's thinking of giving it a go - do it!!

x

Lol glad I'm not the only self torturer! Sitting in mcds while the kids eat. It's motivating when we avoid temptation though x

Back