40 days on vlcd....3rd period

Divalicious

Silver Member
I normally have my period every 30th day or so. This is the 3rd time i have just come on on the diet (in 40 days). I do 7 to 10 days so not really a joy. Last period was finished a week ago. Last night l came on again. I have cramps at the moment and am so confused and annoyed. Had to have a meal this evening cause OH is so concerned. He says l need to fool my body in think am eating and it might help (bless him). I had sea bass and brocolli. He has been so supportive. 5 years ago l had cervical erosion and was bleeding so much and had bad headaches. l had a hysteroscopy and burning of the cervix (cant remember name am in pain:cry:). ln my last pregnancy last year l was told l have 2 fibroids about 2.5cm each.

I don`t know whether my history of cervical erosion and fibroids is responsible for the bleeding or it is the diet. Please anyone share your experiences. Yes i will make an appointment with my GP.

Oh poor you.:raincloud:

I think you are right to make appointment to see GP, particuarly with your history of gynie problems. I think it is highly unlikely that these VLCDs cause problems with periods, but I'm not an expert.

Please let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed you get it all sorted out quickly.

Vlcd's can cause irregularities in the menstrual cycle-my periods tend to go all over the place -but your symptoms sound more like problems with the fibroids or possibly ovarian cysts. I had cysts a few years back and I was in agony with them.

How are yo doing today?

Am bleeding quite heavy and have pain and feeling tired (had iron deficiency anaemia in the past). Got appointment for tomorrow Wednesday. Thanks fo asking and thanks Polishrose x

Am bleeding quite heavy and have pain and feeling tired (had iron deficiency anaemia in the past). Got appointment for tomorrow Wednesday. Thanks fo asking and thanks Polishrose x

I was thinking about you today, Diva, how did you get on at GPs? I hope you were able to get some relief from the pain and discomfort you've been suffering.

Thanks Polish and Amanda, l have been referred for a scan at the hospital. When last my haemoglobin levels were checked it was bordeline so now will have to see how i get on then might go back on iron tablets. I hate them coz they constipate me. i feel lethargic lately. x

Wha does GP think about you doing the VLCD? Has he advised you to postpone it for the moment, or carry on?

Funnily enough she was impressed and said to carry on
smilie.gif
. Mind you I think she is a size 6 and in her mid fifties. She just said the diet hasn`t caused my probs and quite adamant it`s my fibroids. I feel so tired :4633:.

Funnily enough she was impressed and said to carry on
smilie.gif
. Mind you I think she is a size 6 and in her mid fifties. She just said the diet hasn`t caused my probs and quite adamant it`s my fibroids. I feel so tired :4633:.

I am pleased that the diet isn't causing your problems, but what happens now? Are you having tests, or going back for treatment, or just lots of pain relief :(.

Hi AmandaJ. I`m still waiting for my scan appointment so now just bearing with the pain:cry: . Have been quite lethargic and I will have to go for a blood test to check my iron levels. At least i know its not the diet so that has been a big relief. Hope you are getting on ok:)

Well I hope it gets sorted asap. Just off work because of the snow at the moment, as fast as I try and clear it outside the house, it gets covered again. Never seen anything like it. Even public transport is bad, can't get anywhere. Staying in the nice warm house, cuddled up with a duvet on the sofa, watching the falling snow outside:).

Oh dear we dont have snow yet, its predictated for tonight. Just enjoy being at home and the snow. Drink loads of black tea lol. No hot chocolate and biscuits, oh dear. I have a sore throat got it from the kids and am quite sleep deprived:4633:

Hi hunni how's things?!?

I although no where bad as you have menstrual problems on vlcd!

I basically bleed non stop! 3 weeks of each month. And spot in between!

Not heavy mind - but still driving me mad!

Your not alone chick! Hang in there you are doing great!

Xxx

Thanks hun, 3 weeks on your period OMG thus too much ((hugs)). Before l had my lil boy l once had those kinda periods as well, they left me so anaemic. My gp put on the pill, have you been given anything for it? I`m on the mirena coil as its the only one that works for me. Am going for my scan in a couple of weeks so hopefully l`ll get sorted. Happy New Year x x

Back