45gms fat per day...

alongwaytogo

Silver Member
Hi

On my second day and all going well so far. Does anybody find it hard having the full 45gms of fat per day? So far I have only had about 15 yesterday and about 16 today.

Also, how much water is it best to ahve each day. I have had 2 litres plus 3 cups of tea so far yesterday and today. Is this enough do you think?

Thanks for the advice
x

Hi

On my second day and all going well so far. Does anybody find it hard having the full 45gms of fat per day? So far I have only had about 15 yesterday and about 16 today.

Also, how much water is it best to ahve each day. I have had 2 litres plus 3 cups of tea so far yesterday and today. Is this enough do you think?

Thanks for the advice
x

It's recommend you drink at least 3litres of water a day..I drink between 4 and 5 litres, the latter on hotter days as I get dehydrated quick.

It can be hard to get all that fat in, I've never hit that target. It's important that you eat fat so you give the Xenical something to work with.

Milkyways are allowed on Xenical and are a great way to add a bit of fat fat on low days :D

Milky Ways sound good to me. Its tricky to get the balance isn't it - as you do need some fat. Early days though, I'm sure I'll get there thanks for the tips.

Milky Ways sound good to me. Its tricky to get the balance isn't it - as you do need some fat. Early days though, I'm sure I'll get there thanks for the tips.

Yeah it is hun, but we all learn along the way, some things work better for others, all trial and error, I'm still learning, but that's what a change in lifestyle is all about..you'll get there :D

Some days i don't eat 45grms of fat, but i'm sure it works out ok over the week.

Mandy

Milkyways are allowed on Xenical and are a great way to add a bit of fat fat on low days :D
#

when I read this I got all excited, but then went to the tesco site and looked at the nutritional value of milky ways and it states:

Nutrition

NutritionTypical ValuesTypical values per 100g-Energy kJ1884kJ-kcal448kcal-Protein3.7g-Carbohydrate72.4g-of which sugars67.4g-Fat15.9g-of which saturates9.3g-Fibre0.6g-Sodium0.20g-Salt0.51g
Surely that's not allowed as it's 15.9g of fat per 100g. Each milky way is less than 5g of fat, but it's over the 5% rule? I'm confused

I got excited too :(
I'll stick to my snack pack of chocolate buttons which I. can't remember the values but o need a treat now and then

But what size is that nutritional value for?! Bc you can get huge ones or the snack size ones?! X

I think I must've been having a mad moment then lol!

I remember someone here saying they could have a milky way, and they had it at bedtime, I've never had one myself, it's a good job now lol!

I got excited too :(
I'll stick to my snack pack of chocolate buttons which I. can't remember the values but o need a treat now and then

What buttons are you having?

I like a few skittles occasionally :)

Normal sized buttons but in the snack pack. Per 100g 525 cals and 30g fat. High but per bag 75 Cals and 4.3G fat,
I know it's high but if I just have the snack sized bag it's not too bad and I feel like I've had a treat. :/

I now realize why I said about the milky ways, one of the girls is on ww and has them...duh brain lol!

Last edited:
Regarding water, the national recommended amount is 2.25ltrs (8 cups) per day. Drinking too much water especailly in a short space of time is very bad for your body, you can actually drown!!!

Regarding water, the national recommended amount is 2.25ltrs (8 cups) per day. Drinking too much water especailly in a short space of time is very bad for your body, you can actually drown!!!

You don't drown it's called water intoxication. That level is what they recommend for healthy people..that does't include people who diet, have hight bmi's or people who are exercising.

If you're exercising you need to drink more, also your intake of water is based on various other things, age, weight even where you live has to be taken into consideration.

You can find this information out by using a rough calculation or a water calculator.

A good estimate is to take your body weight in pounds and divide that number in half. That gives you the number of ounces of water per day that you need to drink. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds, you should drink at least 80 ounces of water per day. If you exercise you should drink another 8 ounce glass of water for every 20 minutes you are active. If you drink coffee or alcohol, you should drink at least an equal amount of water. If you live in an arid climate, you should add another 2 servings per day. As you can see, your daily need for water can add up to quite a lot.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

I'm going to post this as a sepaerate thread.

As for water intake I've been chatting to my younger two siblings (one of whom is a medic Dr and the other is studying medicine) aswell as a retired matron. Well all have said that water intake should be 2 to 3 litres a day male or female if replacing meals with liquid shakes. But in general people should consume ideally 2 litres as this helps the bodies vitals to function at it best.

Hope this helps

I have to disagree with this information..(an ex nurse, my mum is a nurse, my aunt a nursing practitioner) the amount of water you need when on a diet will alter depending on your height,weight, sex, the amount of activity you do, it even depends on the altitude that you live and weather conditions..

Professional people, athletes, body builders etc etc... drink a lot more more water that 2 litres a day. There are hundreads of water calculators, and water information that says the same, as stated above is all over the internet, and on professional websites. :)

bunny_hops said:
I have to disagree with this information..(an ex nurse, my mum is a nurse, my aunt a nursing practitioner) the amount of water you need when on a diet will alter depending on your height,weight, sex, the amount of activity you do, it even depends on the altitude that you live and weather conditions..

Professional people, athletes, body builders etc etc... drink a lot more more water that 2 litres a day. There are hundreads of water calculators, and water information that says the same, as stated above is all over the internet, and on professional websites. :)

You are now talking of professional who require a special diet such as higher intake of fluids, higher calories, higher carbs, higher protein and such, which I'm certain that probably most of us on here aren't

No, i'm not at all.

The information that I wrote here is available freely, as is the water calculator. It doesn't matter if you're a professional bodybuilder or just a regular dieter, your water intake differs, due to many different things.

A good example of this is someone who weights double of someone else, they're going to need a lot more water as the other as they will loose more water during exercise, through sweat.

I've just had Jillian Michaels' book delivered yesterday, Making The Cut, and inside is a whole chapter on water, and it's very detailed and the information is correct.

Hi

Thanks for the advice
x
im just the same!..
nice to see what you could eat should you feel the urge!.. i thought about it for a wile, but now under the impression that long as i keep an eye on my fat intake, so as not to get a "bombay bottom".. the rest will take care of its self.. though i do pop a multi vit before bed!!..
this is by far and away different approach that i usually take when loosing weight (starve it away).. ive never managed to keep it off in the past... "so just hoping" sammy boy may crack it this time!!..:)

Back