480lb....what happened to me?!

Hi Jo and WAY TO GO on your loss, that is fantastic! :)

I'm a veteran of the loss-gain more way of eating, and i can tell you the support and great ideas you will get here are amazing - day by day is the only way to think about it, but i just know you will crack it :).

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for a couple of days and when I do come here there were loads of encouraging messages so THANK YOU everyone.

I have continued calorie counting and I think I am doing well. I did have a slip up yesterday because I let myself get too hungry so I had a bit more bread and butter than I should have and went over my calories by about 300 but I am not going to beat myself up about it, just learn from it and move on.

I have been referred to Occ. Health for an assessment to see if they can make my life a bit easier with some adaptions to my home. It's a bit tricky as it's a Housing Association house so everything has to be run by them first. I really struggle having a shower and often end up in tears as it is so difficult so anything that would help with that would be amazing. I am so grateful that people want to help, here and in real life. I have spent a long time struggling to cope with the way things are. My husband is amazing but I want him to be my partner, not helping me wash or getting my knickers on :oops:.

Right, today is going to be a good day, I have planned my meals and drinks, I have my eldest daughter coming over to talk about her upcoming wedding and we are planning to make her invites ourselves so need to sort out a design. Hope you all have a great day too, whatever you are up to, take care xx

It sounds like you are doing well. If you've got that getting too hungry feeling then eat some extra protein, like cold roast chicken, as a snack. That will take it away for longer.

When is the wedding ? Do you have a mini goal ?

Here to subscribe.

You sound super motivated and up for this challenge my lovely and a super well done on your first 10 lbs gone!

Ooooh I love a good wedding I do. Will be needing details .;)

I'm also a big fan of low cal homemade soups, or failing that tesco healthy options canned soup. As they fill you up for under 150 cals and increase the veg content of my diet.

Here to sub and say Hi! Looks like you already have a wonderful support network behind you (not only on here but at home too!)

I have never followed a calorie counting diet so I'm interested to hear more about your days and your losses. Good luck! 10lbs for a first weigh in is amazing - Well Done You xx

Good morning everyone :)

I weighed myself again this morning and I am so pleased I have lost another 5lb. I really believe I can do this, I'm feeling so positive today, nothing is going to stop me.

I have taken on board everyone's great advice and encouragement, it's so fantastic what a supportive bunch you really are.

Here to sub and say Hi! Looks like you already have a wonderful support network behind you (not only on here but at home too!)

I have never followed a calorie counting diet so I'm interested to hear more about your days and your losses. Good luck! 10lbs for a first weigh in is amazing - Well Done You xx

Hi Sazmajig, what do you want to know? My calories everyday are 2470 but I generally eat 2200ish as I like a little wiggle room in case I have guestimated something. I have lost 15lb so far which I am ecstatic about. Because I have so many calories to play with, I can eat most things including full fat butter and cheese. As my calories go down I could eat lower fat versions I suppose although I think I would rather have less 'normal' food than diet food. I have cut right down on chocolate and sugary foods though which is a minor miracle in itself. A typical days food would have porridge and a banana for breakfast,
poached egg on toast for lunch and some sort of meat, carb and veg combination for tea. I don't eat salads very much as it kills my IBS but I'm fine with cooked veg and some fruit.

Hi there susu, do you recommend any soups in particular, I love the Heinz classic vegetable or tomato but it's quite calorific as I eat the whole tin :D.

Anyway, I'm off for now, hope you all have a great day and make good choices xxx

For canned soup I go for the Tesco healthy living. I live rurally so don't have easy access to other supermarkets so there might be better choices out there. Mostly I just make my own. yesterdays was celery and orzo, (small pasta).

recipe serves 6 , 96 cals per serving

500g celery
3 chicken stock cubes
2 large onions
100g orzo

bunk everything in a pot and cook.

Half the cals is pasta so if you want a lighter soup just add less.

Another 5lbs is amazing!, well done you. All down to your hard work. You're doing so great xx

I've been making a few soups from the hairy biker diet books. Did a yummy tomato and lentil one this week

wow you are doing so well - keep up the great work:)

Soups I think are really fabulous for filling you up or perhaps around the edges. My only problem is I find soup leaves me disappointing hungry several hours later.....

My solution has definitely been to focus on satisfaction of eating (so flavour & chewing) and then hunger management (avoiding things like fruit, carbs that make me hungry). Only exception is that exercise makes me really hungry but I reckon moving is so important to the body that its worth it:)

Have a great sunday

Well done on the weight loss so far! I think seeing those losses will help to keep you motivated :)

Wow well done you! I just checked my calories (i follow the slimming world plan) and without realising it I eat hardly any calories just by following the plan. And i eat a lots of pasta & potato... surprised me!

Well done on losing 15lbs, thats amazing! how good do you feel!!! xxx

Hi there everyone

Well I'm still going which is amazing for me as I usually give up halfway through the first week :). I wish I knew what flipped the switch in my mind but I am grateful and thankful that it has. I suppose I got so low in spirit carrying all this excess weight around that something had to give.

I am still making healthy choices and sticking to my calories, most days I have breakfast too and I try to only eat when I start to feel hungry rather than it's the right 'time of day'. I have had a few early nights though as I have started to get the munchies and don't have any calories spare. I swear that my stomach has shrunk though which is great as I used to put away huge mounds of food. My husband is 6' 4" and I was eating the same if not more than him. I am 5'5" and as round as I am tall. We look like the number 10 when we go out together :D:D:D:D.

I am already looking forward to my next weigh in on Saturday but I have not been tempted to take a sneaky peek as that has totally derailled me before. If it is a good result I think I can eat a bit more than usual and if it is not what I was hoping for I feel low and think "what's the point". So I will avoid all that angst and just do it weekly. I'm still thinking about leaving it longer than a week and I think I will when the loss slows down.

Hope you all have a great day and make healthy choices xxx

Back