4lb challenge

Hi all

In order to give us all a boost our consultant has set a 4lb loss challenge this week. It's optional and we didn't have to take it, but as someone who usually has 1/2 -1lb weekly loses I would really love to manage to do it. Just to prove to myself I can do it and to help give my weight loss a kick up the bum.

I have stones left to lose and so am carrying a fair amount of excess weight. deep down I know it's likely I won't make 4lb's but if I could pull even a 2.5 or 3 I would be so chuffed, plus I have a big party next weekend and just a little bit more of a loss then usual would be a great confidence boost for the night.

I'm not looking for any cheats as such as i do want to do this properly, but anyone got any useful tips for those weeks when you just need a little bit extra? I have checked out the useful tips page but know a lot of those already and I'm still having little losses.

I usually stick to green plan

Thanks all, any help is much appreciated xx

even on a green day still try to follow the 1/3 super free and 2/3 free foods rule. Eat at least one or more super speed foods a day, exercise during your week and drink two litres of water a day, that should give a better result?! good luck x

Sorry but setting a 4lb weight loss for the class seems high - i'd understand a 2lb being as sw say a 1lb-2lb weight loss is the normal (and thats when your behaving 100%)

Not at any point other than first week (which is partly water loss as well) have i ever come close to a 4lb loss - I WISH!

Hope you get the loss you want, but personally thing your c is setting you all up for disappointment, rather than encouraging about any loss

Slimbysummer said:
Hope you get the loss you want, but personally thing your c is setting you all up for disappointment, rather than encouraging about any loss

I was thinking exactly the same thing! I agree 4lbs is probably a very unrealistic target your C has set everyone!

2nd_time_lucky said:
Hi all

In order to give us all a boost our consultant has set a 4lb loss challenge this week. It's optional and we didn't have to take it, but as someone who usually has 1/2 -1lb weekly loses I would really love to manage to do it. Just to prove to myself I can do it and to help give my weight loss a kick up the bum.

I have stones left to lose and so am carrying a fair amount of excess weight. deep down I know it's likely I won't make 4lb's but if I could pull even a 2.5 or 3 I would be so chuffed, plus I have a big party next weekend and just a little bit more of a loss then usual would be a great confidence boost for the night.

I'm not looking for any cheats as such as i do want to do this properly, but anyone got any useful tips for those weeks when you just need a little bit extra? I have checked out the useful tips page but know a lot of those already and I'm still having little losses.

I usually stick to green plan

Thanks all, any help is much appreciated xx

I think it's pathetic, what a way to knock people down when they don't do it! 4lb is so unrealistic 1-2lbs is the norm and to expect anything more is unreal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I often have big losses...8.5 last week,5 the week before etc I'm expecting a gain this week tho cos although I've been 100% it can't keep coming off that quick and usually bites me in the rearend lol,anyway, try swapping foods for 'superspeed' foods eg instead of banana have strawberries,have beans with your jacket potato and salad etc etc xx

After a first week loss of two lbs my c said ' lets go for 4 nxt wk' I said no,any loss would be good! I think it's wrong,how will you feel if/ when you dont do it. It's a lot if pressure to put on the class especialy when c does the losses and gains!!!

Wow 4lb a week is a fair amount of weight to lose in a week & I'm sure it's not what SW would endorse.

Before I got to target I usually lost c1lb a week & it would have upset me to have a challenge to lose 4lb in a week knowing it was out of my reach.

How are people going to feel next week when they don't acheive their target?

Personally I'd just do my best & if you lose 4lb brill but if not just don't stress about it. If we stick at it we all get to target eventually.

Thanks for the comments and tips. I can understand what you are all saying but my consultant is amazing and it really is a brilliant group I go to with everyone so supportive. The challenge is only meant to be a bit of fun and the idea behind it is to spur

.... People on. The idea is that if u always lose a pound u may think that is all you can ever lose , so if you aim for something like 4, even if you dont get it you may still get a 2 or 3 which compared to your usual loss is a great boost. As I said in my first post, I chose to take this challenge and was simply asking for a little help with it. The challenge was completely optional and only half my group chose to take it. There is no pressure to take it, and if you take it and don't get the 4 then no one thinks any different of you, everyone is so supportive it doesn't matter what you lose its only a bit of fun to see what can happen of we really push ourselves.

It also keeps group interesting, we often have different challenges such as a water challenge and a scan bran challenge etc it also helps to get out of routine and try new things

I appreciate all te comments but perhaps I didn't make my first post very clear, it's something I want to do, I don't feel pressured to do it, but I just hoped people might be willing to help such as the swapping banana for strawberries idea which is a good one x

2nd_time_lucky said:
.... People on. The idea is that if u always lose a pound u may think that is all you can ever lose , so if you aim for something like 4, even if you dont get it you may still get a 2 or 3 which compared to your usual loss is a great boost. As I said in my first post, I chose to take this challenge and was simply asking for a little help with it. The challenge was completely optional and only half my group chose to take it. There is no pressure to take it, and if you take it and don't get the 4 then no one thinks any different of you, everyone is so supportive it doesn't matter what you lose its only a bit of fun to see what can happen of we really push ourselves.

It also keeps group interesting, we often have different challenges such as a water challenge and a scan bran challenge etc it also helps to get out of routine and try new things

I appreciate all te comments but perhaps I didn't make my first post very clear, it's something I want to do, I don't feel pressured to do it, but I just hoped people might be willing to help such as the swapping banana for strawberries idea which is a good one x

Good luck,keep us posted nxt week

Back