4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Nelli i soooo know what you mean! My scales are so sluggish but i am determined to keep going and like you I will not be finished at 12 weeks.
I will prob add another 14lbs to my ticker once this target has been met.
So another lb down and after reverting back to my trusty senokot i am back on track iykwim... Fingers crossed it will stay this way!
Well we are over half way through week 9, i am sure each week is just going faster and faster.
I will be eating one day this weekend. Not sure which but we are going out with friends for meal and cinema. And yep i may even have pick n mix... wahoooo!!!!! But it will be just one day (either fri/sat) as I want to get below 12,7 asap (12,9 atm).
Week 10 is looming and so is mothers day so that means another meal... yikes! I feel fine atm and raring to go so dont feel like the odd meal will throw me too far from the wagon (fingers crossed firmly).
I am 30 in June and def do not want to start my next decade carrying extra lbs. So ideally id like to be under 10,7 for my bday. That means 2 stone in 4 months is quite easy and even allows for a few meals in between!
I hope everyone else is finding week 9 easy peasy! xxx

Last edited:
Hi All - it has been quiet on here.

I spoke to my CDC on Wednesday when the scale had stayed put yet again (1lb in 11 days and 0 in 7days) She told me to add a meal for three days and speak to her tomorrow to see how that goes - that my metabolism could be sluggish from all the ss'ing - I think she probably means overall and not just this attempt - and that the meals could kick start it.

Anyway, I haven't gone crazy at all - and back to 100% tomorrow.

Will let you know how that goes.

Had a wee shopping trip to cheer myself up today - and there are some really nice things in the shops - just right for motivation.

Nelli

Hi All CD08 - hope you enjoyed the meal and the cinema.

I have finished my small meals and really was very good - no going over the top. Now sitting here with my first shake of the day thinking that I may have a clear out and sell some stuff on ebay. I am terrible for buying shoes and have quite a few still in boxes that I "will wear one day" but I guess I should get rid of them.

I also have a bit of a handbag thing and cannot resist a lovely bag :) Every so often I plan an eBay sale to clear out - but apart from selling some books about 5 years ago, I never actually get down to it .. bit like most of my diets actually :)

I still weigh the same as I have done for almost two weeks. Believe it or not, this is now a good thing because I imagined that eating anything at all was going to add some back on and at least it hasn't. This morning I feel like I am back in my comfort zone.

Will be glad when we are all maintaining.....

Nelli

CD08 Meant to say, if I haven't already, me too for another 14lb after this.

Hi Amina

Still no movement on scales. This is my second day back ss'ing - though for all I ate (over the three days I didn't eat the equivalent of one whole meal), I am not sure it counts - and I am starving.

The last I lost was 1lb a week past Wednesday and it is getting really hard to stay motivated.

Nelli

Ladies, I am out i'm afraid... Found out I am pregnant! Bit earlier than expected but still a lovely surprise. Early days though so fingers crossed it stays put lol. I will pop on to update you but for now no more ss'ing... Thanks for keeping me company for the past few months, couldnt have done it without you! xxxx

Was only lurking in a background as I kinda also restarted on 4th of Jan (well 5th to be exact!)

What a fantastic news with your pregnancy - do keep us updated.
Best of luck for your new and exciting journey hun xxxxx

Where is everyone?

I'm here Nelli! How are you today. Just at the gym going for a powerplate class then body attack.

Ladies, I am out i'm afraid... Found out I am pregnant! Bit earlier than expected but still a lovely surprise. Early days though so fingers crossed it stays put lol. I will pop on to update you but for now no more ss'ing... Thanks for keeping me company for the past few months, couldnt have done it without you! xxxx

oh my gosh!!! congratulations!! I am so jealous becaue I am massively broody but timing isn't right yet for me. Please let us know hwo you are doing. xxx

Was only lurking in a background as I kinda also restarted on 4th of Jan (well 5th to be exact!)

What a fantastic news with your pregnancy - do keep us updated.
Best of luck for your new and exciting journey hun xxxxx

Hey! Welcome! Please join us. How have you found it so far? Good to see another face on here. xx

Thank you for your warm welcome Amina.

I've had some ups and downs and admitedly didn't make the most of CD. But after thorough research now I do understand how it really works and do intend to stay 100% until Easter. I should be in my healthy BMI's by then (fingers crossed it works)

So I am ss+ing atm and looking forward to my same-but-different new mini-me...
You all ladies are doing very very well. Keep up a good work girlies xxx

Hi All

CD08 - what wonderful news - lucky you. Do keep looking in to let us know how you (and the wee one) are doing. Can't think of a better reason for not losing weight.

Amina - I am really trying hard to stay focused. Tomorrow will be 2weeks - albeit I was (sort of) eating for the three days. Keep standing on the scales in the hope that I can get some encouragement but fast recognising that I need to STAY OFF the blasted things.

Welcome Minimimi - glad you are joining us. I will try not to moan too much LOL if the scales continue to stick - I guess I have been lucky up until now and that's why I am finding it so hard.

Going to do some stuff in the garden in the hope that it counts as exercise :)

Nelli

PS Created a new rule in the office today - that they STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD. They are obsessed and you should see the "packed" lunches they bring ...

Hiya gang, i am going to join Slimming World so i can at the very least try to stay the same throughout my pregnancy. It is ok to follow it and its the only diet supported by midwives so fingers crossed it will work for me too. so i may as well keep posting lol.
I was 12,9 last fri and am now 12,13 so have put my water back on. Hoping to keep any gain to a bare minimum. I will adjust my ticker and post my weight weekly (if you guys dont mind that is...).
Glad you guys are still going strong xxx

Last edited:
Hi CD08 - I am glad that you going to stay on the site / thread. I also am interested in how Slimming World goes - I've heard a lot of people say that it is very good.

Amina has been good, but I threw a bit of a wobbly last night. I was really really fed up with no change, so I drank wine, ate some rice and felt really bad by bed time. Doesn't sound much when I type it fast but it was three glasses !

However, much to my surprise, I woke up this morning full of determination, so onwards and downwards (I hope).

Will this be your first baby CD08?

Nelli

Hi Nelli, yes numero uno! Off to drs this morning so although its early days its beginning to feel real. I am 12,11 today so 3lbs of water gone since Monday! I would be happy to get into 11's and try to stay there throughout pregnancy. Dont wanna be skinny just healthy :)
I will be aiming for 1lb a week on slimming world. I know you can expect to lose in the 1st 12 weeks of pg but after that it will plateau or u get some small gains.
As long as i dont put on 5 stone (like my skinny sis ggrrr who then lost it all and has kept it off gggrrrr) i will be happy!
Have a happy days dieting lady and nelli just draw a line and move on.
xxx

It all sounds so exciting CD08 - it would be great if you could follow SW all the way through and come out the other end without too much to lose.

We all have a sister like yours. People have always said to mine that it is great she doesn't struggle with her weight like I do (as we are the same build though she is a little bit smaller in height and a lot smaller is girth). She smuggly always says - "yes, I don't have to stuggle".

She always has some form of exercise machine in the house - never put away - used EVERY day.
She walks everywhere she possibly can - and when she say "I'll just have one" she means it !!!!!! (pain in the *ss) LOL - I tell her that all the time.

Line firmly drawn - I am wearing some dress trousers for work this morning that are on their last outing unless I can alter them - I am sure they were tighter last week :)

As my American sister in law would say - Go Figure

Nelli

Back