4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Well done Nelli. Great news about trousers too! Dont bother altering, just treat yourself to new ones, you deserve it ;)
Not long now til week 11. You ladies are doing so so so well.
Bit gutted actually :(
But like I said before I must'nt grumble as some peeps try for yonks to fall pg.
Oh and in case you are wondering, I have removed my piccy in case I get recognised, not told everyone yet about being pg as early days so didnt wanna risk anyone finding out through this forum! I will put it back up when I get a few more weeks under my belt.
Any plans for the weekend? I need some inspiration...
12,11 still today but started at 13,0 on monday (got down to 12,9 on cd ss). Is anyone curious about what I am eating? Dont want to mention food if peeps think it will upset... BTW I am eating v plain food and nothing extravagant so please dont be envious lol. eg/ B - bran flakes L - Soup D - JP beans and salad, snacking on fruit. There you go, nowt to be jealous of!
Have a good'un x

Well done Nelli!! Know it would shift sooner or later!

I am off for my sister-in-laws b'day meal and have another one tomorrow night. Will try to stick to 810 as much as possible. Gotta resist the carbs and wine especially as I have had 4 hours sleep and am so tired!!!

Will update you all on my week tomorrow. Have a lovely evening ladies xxx

Hi All

Been away for the weekend and been good - the 2lb made a big difference to the way I've been feeling and I don't even care if it is my total for the week :) - well, not much anyway. Our weekend neighbour called on me to ask if I'd lost weight - and says she couldn't believe how much since the last time I saw her - probably about five weeks as she was away last time we were over. That felt good.

As you say, your food really doesn't sound exciting CD08, but then if I am honest, food never does much for me - except when I can't have it ! I faff around trying to think what I would like to eat, chewing on a french stick with butter all the while sipping wine - only to decide I'd really prefer more bread with cheese or something. (I really should add, that this is pre CD - not now LOL). They say that you are what you eat - I shudder to think about me :)

Have you been to a SW meeting yet? If so, what was it like?

Hope you had a good weekend Amina, at least you know if it was too good, you'll be able to get back on the straight and narrow quickly.

Roll on week 11.

Nelli

Hey Nelli (and anyone else lol!).

Nelli- it is so wierd how the scale affect your mood and whole day isn't it! I am the same.

Had a great weekend. Went out for sister-in-law's birthday on friday night and tsuck to my guns...weidhed myself on saturday was down 3ibs for the week so far. Saturday however was a different story! Went out fo rhubbis' best friends birthday to a pizza place (no meat dishes on the menu!) and dancing. I must confess I caved to the pizza and wine. BUT I had an awesome night and hubbie and I even stayed out dancing when everyone else went home. I must say I felt my age for the first time in a long time and had a brilliant time! Hubbie has been on his own version of a diet for the same amount of time as me and has long over 4 stone (!!!) so it was nice for us to stop being so boring with everything and just have fun together!

Therefore, I don't regret that instead of my steady 3ibs a week, this week I have lost 2ibs. Nelli - you know what I am like, straight back on track yesterday no messing about! Although it was hard because I was dealing with a hangover as well!!!

Beautiful day today. Have a lovely day everyone! xxxxxx

ps mini acheivement - on thursday I ran for a full 20 mins on the treadmill and did 3K! It has been a while since I could do this. Tonight I am going to go for 4K in 25 mins!

Well done on everything - the loss - the dancing - the running - and mainly the getting back to grips with CD. THAT has to be the secret - to enjoy yourself sometimes but to get right back on the wagon.

We have guests coming for Easter and will be out and about - I am thinking of having CD during the day and a one course meal each evening while they are here. No definite decision :) but thinking hard.

Good luck with the running tonight.

Nelli

Hey Nelli,

Is it just the two of us left?! If so we should get to know each other a bit more as we have the rest of our journey to finish!

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday because I was at work really late but maybe tonight.

Sod law...2ib lighter than yesterday this morning! So if WI was on tuesdays I would have ahad a 4ib week lol! I can't believe I am so close to being in the twelves. Although yesterday was really hard - I was so hungry I felt physically sick, today should be easier after seeing the scale move as well as being good since my saturday night treat!

I actually have less to lose now than I have already lost which makes me feel good.

How are you today? I like your idea of CD during the day and meal at night. You know you can actually still stay on track ketosis wise when you go fro meals out. I tend to have stuff like mozareela, tomato and basil salad for starter or scallops (high protein) and then fro main, a salad or if I want to really enjoy it, a piece of meat like lamb and vegetables. So you can still enjoy yourself and keep losing!

Speak soon. xx

Last edited:
Hi Amina

Where have they all gone? We know about CD08 (though I hope she'll still drop in and tell us all about SW) but hopefully the others are still around.

It's just like the thing for you to miss the weigh in but never mind, at least you've got a good start on this week. I am still bemused at the zero loss for 16 days and then 2, 2 and 2. Our bodies are really mysterious things, aren't they? The funny thing was that my CDC didn't seem in the least bit surprised.

It has made such a change to my attitude and I am so confident that we have invited friends over for dinner on Saturday - something we usually do quite a bit but something I've been avoiding since New Year as I haven't trusted myself. It's not the food I've been afraid of to be honest - but I had fears that if I have a glass of wine with my friend - will I be able to break the habit of a lifetime and stop at one - and then resist eating everything in sight.

Up to now, I've been thinking probably not, so best avoid the situation. Now I feel I can do it no problem and I will cook, but not eat - and only drink CD "champagne" (water and summer berry in a nice glass).

I've gotten such a lift from these 6lb I feel I can get through to - and beyond Easter right to the very end.

Waaay US :) :) :)

Hope you make it to the gym - wish I could but I HATE gyms - however, I am planning a bike ride around the village- not so beneficial but at least it's a bit of exercise.

Nelli

Yes I did and it was very interesting. I have always known I can have 50g of carbs a day and stay in fat-burning mode. This info is crucial for me being on 810 (or shall I say my version of it - I have some foods not on the list when I have social events but am very very careful).

This is really going to help us when we start going up the steps and introducing carbs. When did you say you are planning on starting going up??

Hey you two! Yep I am still here... I have been lurking!
Well done both of you for getting half way through week 10. Can you believe?
Amina, fab news that you are over your half way point! Glad you and your hubby had a great night out (nice to let your hair down once in a while, isnt it?).
SW is going ok, I am pretty ravenous but also have bad constipation. Worse than on cd actually.
Not as a result of sw but its a common symptom in early pg, apparently some hormone is relaxing my digestive system...great!
Check out my ticker ladies! Even if i am not here you guys can see whats going on with me. Early days still but touch wood all goes well.
Glad you 2 have got one another still, you are obv hardcore!
Have a great week (in case i go awol lol) and ill chat soon xxx

Thats great for the other 2lb - must be something in the air - hope it hangs around for a while :) - a long while !

We are on week 11 - aren't we?

It'll be a while before I start moving through the steps. I've had various thoughts about it - but no real decisions. Here is what I think I have to do so far:

5lb to go to 3stones
6lb to go to CD Lowest (Last time)
13lb to LL lowest (First time)

I was also toying with the idea of losing another 14lb beyond that but not sure how viable that is.

Bike still in shed as I am just in from work. Late again.

Nelli

Hi Amina

I posted the following during my second attempt at CD (in 2008) and came across it by accident when I was looking for something else. Had completely forgotten everything that is in it, but it was very relevant and I know the reasons mentioned definately had a lot to do with me putting the weight back on - even after I'd thought it all out. What a pratt I can be :) !

Nelli

=====================================

Another point of view to think about is HABIT ! While it may not apply to most of you, I think maybe an awful lot of my problem when it comes to gaining weight is down to just that.

I was discussing all my pros and cons and theories with a friend who is a life coach - he listened to me rambling for way too long and then asked if I am maybe not just over complicating the whole thing. Had it occured to me that a lot of the time I was simply eating and drinking out of habit? He did say that while that may not be all of my problem it may be part of it - and to give it a bit of thought.

... when I started to think I began to realised that when adverts for food come on TV, I very frequently would get up and go find something to eat. Someone in a program with a drink in their hand could easily remind me that a glass of wine would be nice, when up to that point it hadn't even occured to me. Of course one glass leads to two and two leads to FOOD - at least in my case. (I should point out that I wasn't really conscious of either of those until I really started to think - and on looking back I realise both were common occurences for me :cry:).

Another bad habit is that because of my job (I spend long hours on client sites with my nose delved into their computers !) I tend to "forget" to have lunch - and eat at night !

That's just a couple of examples - I am still compiling my list :eek: but it was enough to make me see that he is on to something at least.

Another question that came up in the discussion was "did I enjoy all the food I ate on the way up?" Okay, so I can remember certain meals like Christmas, Birthdays, dinner parties etc which were great - but that accounts for a small portion - but the rest - I probably didn't even realise at the time I was eating the majority of it. So where does this leave me..... guess I've got a few months to figure that one out.

How to break habits is a whole new topic and I am hoping that I can complete my list and come up with some answers before too long :rolleyes:

Nelli(More confused by the minute :confused:)

Finally took my bike out - didn't go far - quick tour of the village and round the loch to the garden centre.

Was hoping that no one was looking at my rear end wobbling away :)

Nelli

Good on you Nelli! Sorry I haven't been around. Not had much internet access. I went to a wedding on friday and I fit into an outfit I wore around my wedding a year ago! Felt good! Weigh in tomorrow and I actually feel a bit bloated tonight....hope all will be well!

How how the last few days been for you? xx

Hi Amina

Well done on getting into the outfit - it's great when that happens, isn't it. I tried on some bright yellow jeans (bought in Florida in the height of summer when they really seemed OK :)) and they fit.

Don't worry, I am not planning on wearing them in Glasgow in March or anything, it's just the fact that I COULD if I wanted to :) :) :)

I've had a really hungry weekend I'm afraid and I didn't help it by picking at a couple of things - so ended up even hungrier.

Ideally, I want to lose the 12lb plus another 14lb which gives us about the same to go.

Here's to week 12 - have a good one.

Nelli

Hey Nelli LOL at the yellow trousers!!! And well doen for getting back in them.

Well I have had a funny few days. Had a tough weekend of feeling very hungry and fed-up but managed to resist. Even when hubbie and I went to a lovely coffee and cake shop, I just had a coffee. So yesterday morning I was down to 13.1ish. ut all day yesterday I was feeling really bloated and heavy. Woke up this morning and I was two pounds heavier!! Actually had a cry (as pathetic as that sounds!). Went for run, came back and discovered my TOTM has started which would explain the bloateness and wight gain maybe....

Anyway - 3ibs loss this week which is good but I expected better which my 1 week early TOTM put a stop to!

Let me know how you get on today Nelli.

I am so glad we have each other and strangely roughly the same weight to lose!! xx

Back