4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Hi Amina

Well done on the three off

For various reasons, I had a bad day yesterday on the tail end of the picky weekend. Ended up eating some veggie sausages and an egg and drinking a couple of glasses of wine.

Back on track this morning - and I'm going to try to finish work at a decent hour so I can go ride my bike.

Hope you have a good day

Nelli

Hi Amina

Stayed the same weight - guess I can't moan about that.

It's horrible here this morning - dull, grey and looks like it's cold though I haven't ventured that far as yet.

I am heading to central Scotland this morning for work - hope it's brighter there -isn't it amazing how much better we feel when the sun shines?

Might dig out these yellow jeans after all - only kidding :)

Hope you are doing well - and down a bit more.

Nelli

PS It's just dawned on me that I'll be lucky (very) if I make three stones this 12 weeks - much less than before. I need to not be doing this again.

Hey Nelli,

Don't worry about staying the same. I bet you will have a fantastic loss next week. Scales down a little again this monring. And I agree, I am definately not going to make 3 stone in 3 months. I might be lucky and be about 4ib off...but we will see.

Chin up. we will just carry on for a bit longer. I am thinking re-evaluate at the end of April ebcause by then I definately want to start going up the plans.

Have a good day and bring some sunshine into this world...dig out those jeans!!!

xx

Hi Amina

Hope all is going well with you - just finishing my first pack of the day before I get ready for work.

I am currently stressing about Easter - while really looking forward to it. We are spending it with our friends and God children (who are coming up from Thursday until Tuesday). I had made up my mind at Christmas that I would eat then as it would be fourteen weeks in and a few day off would be in order, but I also expected to be nearer to being finished with ss'ing.

My attitude to eating food is totally different this time round. Before, I was convinced that any time I wanted to, I could go back on CD (I totally 100% ss'd on both attempts) - however, the couple of times I have cheated during this stint, (including the one where my CDC told me to eat for a few days) I have felt incredibly guilty and I am really scared that I will lose the plot like I did before, and never be able to get back on track again. My husband says that I am becoming obsessive - and I guess he could be right.

I remember when I first started LL - my idea was that I'd lose my weight and then (and this was the little bit on the tail end) KEEP IT OFF. I really thought it was that easy.

A girl who was a diet buddy when I did LL sent me the following the other day.

Do you remember the LL counselling session about the wheel and the different stages you go through such as contemplation, diet, lapse, maintenance? Well basically it's saying that it's rare for people to go right round the wheel the first time. Most people will have lapses and go back to contemplation and back round again but so long as you learn lessons along the way you will eventually succeed and find a way to maintain your losses.

I hadn't heard that before. Have you heard of Icemoose (Mike Scott) I get all his newsletters and have been reading them through in an attempt to figure out how to maintain .... he definately has it all sussed ... meanwhile the question regarding Easter is to eat or not to eat.

Maybe it would be easier just to stick to the packs.

Nelli

Last edited:
Ladies, where the devil are you???
I hope you are getting on ok, what week are we now? 11/12?
I am so thoroughly fed up with food, have had raging ibs for a week now after eating 'anything'. T'is not much fun at all...
So all of you thinking about straying for easter, dont bother!
I personally would kill to be back on packs and feeling clean and empty and not bloated and sick and constipated... :(
Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you are all doing well xxxxx

Hi CD08 - nice to see you. We've finished 12 weeks and into 13 - though in my case badly.

Had a few hiccups with things going on and since I was planning a break (always a bad thing) for Easter started a little bit early. No real damage and if it wasn't so near I'd get back on track - but will do so by Monday.

Like you I haven't been enjoying eating and I FEEL FAT - though I cannot possibly be - or at least not any more than I already was before the weekend.

Don't know where everyone else has gone.

Hope all is well with you and that you are getting excited.

Nelli

Hey ladies,

I am still here....barely! The last 3 saturdays I have broken the diet (just for one day mind) and did the same thing this saturday just gone. And as usual it's taken my 3 days to get the wight back to what it was in saturday morning. I am starting to get a bit fed up now...I can't beleive it has been 12 weeks! But I am not just going to quit, I am going to carry on with no cheats until the 17th April (my orginal stop date) for my anniversary and then start working up the plans. But am open to re-evaluate at that point and maybe stay on a bit longer if necessary. I have tried my hardest especially with the social events but finding it a struggle now.

Nelli - try to enjoy the easter break and I recommend you keep up with the water as that might help you have less water retention when yiu get back on.

CD08 - so sorry to hear you are hating the food! It is strange that when we can't have it, we want it all but when we can it's not such a big deal...I am hoping this will be the case for me going up the plans lol!

Have a good day. xx

Hi All

Glad to hear from you Amina. sorry I haven't been posting - I've had the most horrible flu for almost two weeks. Can't remember if I said or not (probably did cause I was so fed up) but two weeks ago I had a student on a course who should have been home in bed - I tried to avoid her, but she followed me around for two days and boy did I catch her germs. Two weeks later my throat still is raw and I have the most horrendous cough.

Haven't been sticking to my diet - but since I;ve not much felt like eating either, haven't done a lot of damage.

We went away for the weekend as planned, but I'm afraid I was a misery guts and by Monday when everyone went to Oban for the day, I stayed back with a duvet and the Sky remote.

I feel so near to target now - but much flabbier than before - but have got to get the remainder off. I am thinking of waiting until the weekend and hopefully be clear of my germs.

Catch you later

Nelli

Hey Nelli and Amina,
glad you are both still here! well done on both your losses.
Amina best of luck moving up the stages, i think the key to success is realising that food is not the forbidden fruit that we make it out to be on ss/ss+. If you remove the novelty factor and legalise it then food becomes very normal and therefore boring.
As soon as it becomes a no no then we want it all the more... Try it and let me know how you get on.
I on the other hand am already planning my return lol, next Jan so I hope you guys are NOT here, no offence ;-) !!!
Nelli you are doing fab and who cares how long it takes, as long as it comes off. Keep going girlie...
Proud of you both for carrying on xxx

Hi CD08 - Lovely to hear from you and I hope you are well. Seems such a long time when you see 220 days on your ticker - doesn't it?

I know what you mean about food, I haven't been ss'ing and when I start to think what shall I eat, I can't think of anything i really want. Taken to pouring a glass of wine and leaving most of it. I hope these habits are not flu related :) and carry on for a long time - like the rest of my life :) :)

Back on the wagon on Monday.

Nelli

Okay - so tomorrow it's back on the CD wagon. I still don't feel so good - this flu's been hanging around me forever - and my cough can outbark all three goldies :) - however time to get back on track.

I have to echo what CD08 said about eating earlier in the thread because I have just not been enjoying what I have been eating. However the morning will tell as to how much damage I actually have done.

Onwards and downwards

Nelli

Okay so the damage was 5lb - not so bad for what was the best part of a couple of weeks.

Day 1 over with and 2lbs down. I looove the first week for the losses - I didn't even feel hungry yesterday - too much work on the go.

Can't bring myself to up my ticker (would be 3lb) so will see what the next couple of days bring.

Nelli

Feeling a bit hungry so took myself up to the bedroom and tried on all the things I still need to slim into. Not a lot to go with some of them.

Hope you are there Amina and not getting too fed up.

Nelli

Hi guys, hi Amina and Nelli...looks lie u guys have been doin well. I fell off the wagon and I'm back on the wagon to finish what i started. I have had some great nights out, but also fed up of eating. yes the weight has crept on, how much i don't know as i have been too scared to see the damage. I need to jump on those scales tmrw. Today is my day 1, my cd will weigh me on saturday and hope for my regular friday weigh ins.

Congrats CD08 on the pregnancy :) I think this diet make u more fertile as lots ten to fall pregnant on it xx

Looking forward to checking in with u guys again and keep me motivated :)

Hey ladies, Well the plan was to keep on going until this weekend and then start moving up the plans but I just couldn't do it anymore! :-(

Every saturday for the last 4 weeks I have had a social event and fallen off the wagon. I have also found that my mental state and relationship with food has been really bad because of this. Th beating myself up thing had to stop because it was making me miserable. So, I started my "maintenance" on saturday...although it isn't really maintainance I am still going to aim to lose another stone. But I am happy to do this last bit slowly. I am feeling fitter than I have in over a year and loving my exercise so the calorie increase and additional carbs is really helping already! Actually my weight has remained about 13st 1ib for weeks now but my body fat has dropped! So must be doing soemthing right. I am not playing around with this though because I don't want to put it all on! I am sticking to 1500 kcal, cardio of 45-60 mins 5 times a week and I am tracking my foof and activity on an awesome website called fitday.com ...check it out, it even shows you where your calories come from (protein/carbs/fat) and it brilliant for staying on track.

I am going to stay at that level of calories on weekdays, and try to eat my carbs in the afternoon. On saturdays (which I usually do 2hoursa of exrercise anyway) I will have a 'day off'. I think this is more like what I need to get use to as a way of life and for being able to manintain my weight. Food is not the enemy, I just need to learn to enjoy it but do so in moderation. I just want to feel fit, healthy and look nice in my clothes!!!

Sorry for the ramble! I will still come on here though becasue I have not left, just changed my goals and hwo I am going to reach them!

Welcome back Cappuchino! xxx

Hi All

Great to see so many on the thread, and hope everyone is planning on staying, irrespective of which way they are moving forward.

We all know CD works, and we also all know that it can play with your head – Amina, what you have written about beating yourself up and feeling miserable could have been written by me, or I am sure, any of us who have had a serious stab at CD. The whole thing has to be about finding a happy medium to suits the individual.

Sounds to me like your plan is good and I am very interested to hear how it goes over the next few weeks and maybe learn a few lessons.

By the way, has anyone else noticed, there have been lots of similar little references from us about food recently, first of all CD08 referred to it as boring, I agreed with her and now Cappa makes the comment she is fed up eating.

Interesting, because while eating over Easter and when I was ill, I kept thinking that how I wasn’t really enjoying the food in general and that I must remember this feeling when back on track.

Cappa –have been ss’ing since Monday – I am impatient as I need lots of new work clothes and need to get down at by least a size quickly. Already dropped the 5lb I put on, so my ticker is once again correct.

I am not planning on falling off the wagon again between now and that dress size, but if I do I am not going to feel guilty – I am going to deal with it

Where is everyone? My flu which I thought had cleared hit me again, and I've been feeling awful - however back to "normal" now.

Nelli

Back