4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Hey CD08, you're not alone, sorry it's been a difficult week for me, and I've been going to bed within an hour or 2 of getting home from work most nights as being on CD has left me with no energy (something I've never normally experienced!)

So it's day 13 for me today and I wish I could say I had lost as much as you :( but it seems by my Wii fit that I have lost about 12lbs since starting. Am still within the same stone bracket that I was when I started 2 weeks ago but only a lb and I'll be in the 12's which will be cool.

Just wish I could lose it a bit quicker, and I have my official WI tomorrow which I suspect will show less than a 12lb loss total as my CDC's scales read higher than my wii fit. Hey ho.

Bring on week 3!

xx

I'm still here too! Just had my WI a few days early and lost 3ibs. I am aiming for 4/5 a week frm this point so maybe if I had done it on monday as usual it would have been 4ibs. Roll on another week! Wannabeslim, you lost is absolutely briliant and you should be proud of yourself! Have a lovely day ladies xx

Hi CD08 -- I posted yesterday and I am late getting on today, because I was out early -- but I am still with you. I have not been quite as good as like, but I am going to make a recommitment. I weigh on Tuesday and want to show a loss. I am part of the Valentines' Day Challenge and I so want to make goal by that date.

I have not been as good with the water, and need to add in the exercise.

MM

sorry cd08 had a busy week lost 4 lbs this week which is okay, but should have been more but I have been picking.:(

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I'm still here and still on the wagon. It's been going great and I'm actualy loving CD this time round. When the CDC has been, it's like Christmas, I can't wait to open my box and try another shake or bar.

My Fave's so far are the hot choc orange, Tof&walnut with a spoon full of coffee and a sweetner...tastes like a latte and is lush. Gonna try the butterscotch this week and the choc tetra. My sis said the tetra was lovely.

I had my self a litle treat at the weekend. Well I say treat, it really consisted of swapping my normal glass of wine for a glass of sparking water in my wine glass accompanied with sliced slithers of choc orange and cranbery bar, which replaced a large slab of choc and a bag of kettle chips. My daughter was laughing at me because I enjoyed it so much and my slithers of choc took me ages to eat as I was savouring the taste. Which made a change from, blink and it's gone.

Been drinking plenty of water, weight is coming of nicely looks like I have lost 4/5lbs this week. My stomach has lost most of its bloating and my clothes are feeling loose and I'm feeling great.

Hi all,

Weigh day for me. Week 2 WI and have lost 3.5lbs since last Sundays WI. Total of 12.5lbs off in 2 weeks. Am pleased with that although was going for a stone. Hey ho :) maybe next week I'll hit that mini goal of mine!

xxx

Hi WBS -- That is a fantastic loss!

And, Cappy -- I am very proud of you for sticking with it. I just finished watching on More 4 -- "The Diets that Time Forgot" -- and people doing the Edwardian "Chew, Chew" diet did the best. So, eating slowly and savouring your food is apparently a very good way to lose weight.

MM

well done to the ladies who have weighed... here comes week 3!

and *hangs head in shame* sorry for sounding bossy... please dont feel you need to apologise to me for your absence lol. i was only kidding about being a billy no mates!!!

well we are so close to week 3. yippeeeee! after wk 3 we are half way to valentines day! it was 6 weeks into my 12 week ss plan so will be here in next to no time.

anyone setting themself a weight loss goal for valentines day?
i am hoping for a loss of 30lbs+ by then. fingers crossed.

hope we are all drinking our water! remember water is our best friend on this diet!!!!!! my warm water is working wonders (miracles in fact) for downstairs activity. sorry if tmi. i am going regularly for once. nothing major but still regular so mustnt grumble.

gosh time is really flying. cant believe 2 weeks is almost up. i am back at the gym tomorrow for first time in months. gonna do some walking on treadmill and weights. nothing to cardio-like just take it easy.

anyone else using the gym whilst ss'ing? how you finding it?

happy ss'ing everyone xxx

yeah I'm doing the gym but haven't been for a couple of weeks because of the snow, was going to start back tomorrow but have meetings monday, tuesday and wednesday, so unless mondays finishes early (which it might - fingers crossed) I won't be able to get there until thursday . I just do treadmill, bikes and a couple to weights - nothing too strenuous and then maybe a swim if I have time, once I'm closer to goal I'll up it a bit, but I'm sure I've read somewhere that you shouldn't over do the gym on ss.

Hey CD08 and Trish -- What I've heard is that over-doing the gym can make you really hungry. I did not notice that in the past. However, I did loads of exercise whilst doing LL Foundation (too much sustain long-term) to speed up my weight loss, and when I slowed down I started to gain. So, this time gradual exercise added in... and only to a level that I hope to be able to continue with doing.

MM

MM thats a good idea, only take on what you are willing to continue with! i will remember that so when it comes to going up the plans i can find a happy medium with eating and exercise to maintain the loss! x

Hi All

Still here too. Been away for the weekend - managed to keep going even though this was my worst trigger for having too much food and some wine.

For once I haven’t been on the scales (two mornings) and have my weigh in tomorrow.

Does anyone know if there are any alternative juices that we are allowed to put in our water – think I once saw something on this site that there were some allowed but cannot remember what. Been using the Summer Berry as I had two tubs left over from my last attempt, but getting really fed up with it.

Here’s to Week 3 – Hooray !

Nelli

Hi MM

We do sound like we're on the same path. You are right - we WILL do it and this time keep it off.

Nelli

Hi Nelli --

Even though it isn't Cambridge Diet drink flavour, I use Crystal Light (and American Prodcut but you can get it here). It comes in several flavours and is sugar-free. It has never affected by being in ketosis.

If KD is moderating you could ask her -- as she is a CD Consultant.

MM

Evening everyone - I have been reading through here and thinking about the gym. I pay stupid amounts each month for my membership but haven't been since before Christmas. Your posts have made me think that it's time I started going again - even if it's only to aquafit and swimming etc.

The past few weeks have been crazy, I'm doing my Masters in Social Work and I'm on placement all year - on top of that I also have to work to earn some money to survive AND write a load of essays plus a dissertation, and if I'm honest up until now the gym hasn't been an option as I've simply had too much to do. But tonight I have finished my final essay :D YAY ME! And have got to a point with my dissertation now where I can actually afford a few nights a week "off" with no work. So have decided that on those nights I am going to get myself down to the gym and do some toning.

:) feel really good about this now I've finally decided to start going again. It'll take my mind off food too :)

xx

Congrats WBS -- On all you've accomplished, and on deciding to go out a get your money's worth out of your membership.

MM

Evening everyone - I have been reading through here and thinking about the gym. I pay stupid amounts each month for my membership but haven't been since before Christmas. Your posts have made me think that it's time I started going again - even if it's only to aquafit and swimming etc.

wbs me too, been paying for gym all of last year and prob went about 10 times in the whole of the year.
i think it will make such a difference to the 'clean body & clean mind'! no cheating after gym as you feel so much better and cleansed after a work out.

i have been today and am starting with 20mins cardio (treadmill and bike) then some weights. i am going to increase the cardio by 10mins every week and also up the weights.

feel good today, 18lbs down. would LOVE to do 5lbs again this week taking me to 23lbs (and on track for 28lbs in 4 weeks). so gonna take it easy with gym in case its detrimental as some research does imply... :confused:

hope everyone is feeling good today, day 1 of week 3 wahoooooo :D:D:D:D

xxx

Wow CD08,

Awesome progress. I'm at the gym tomorrow. Let's see if I can stick with it.

MM

Lost a nice 5lb this week, which makes it 16lb so far. Going good and feeling fabulishious :flirt2:

:party0038:
Fantasticallishish Loss, Cappachino!

MM

Back