4th Jan 2010 restarters/ new starters join here!!!

Well done on the water Specialk - I'm really going to try harder with it today. Office bound so that will help (near to loo).
Anyone been on the scales yet?
Nelli

Hi everybody day 3 as well did not have my shake yet, but do feel OK at moment. My stomach was rumbeling this morning had a cup of tea and some water it has settled down now. Still at home at moment waiting for text or call if the office is open today .

Hey everyone, do we have to change the thread name to day 4 now?

Blingbabe hun, you don't need to drink 3l of water - the CD guidance is 2.25l... so don't panic!

I'm feeling rubbish today, this cold will not go away and I have had yet another night of poor sleep and woken up with my mouth feeling so yucky I couldn't bear to even drink water... but I had to to make it go away.

So, day 4, other than my cold I'm ok - have avoided hopping on the scales so far this week which is a first for me as I'm usually on them everyday, but am determined that this time will be different as I don't want to get obsessed!

Hope everyone else is ok :)

xx

Hey all. Looks like a snow day for me but hubbie home too so have some company. Going to just work from here. Had to walk an hour to get home yesterday because of the snow which was a pain...but good exercise right! Weighed myself this morning (couldn't help myself!) Not doing to badly so far! Extra motivation! xxx

wannab how do i change name of thread???
maybe we should change to 4th jan starters so we dont change everyday.

i am day 4 now. feeling fine except my cold still lurking since new years day. very sore throat in the evening and all night, also a tickly cough disturbing my sleep.

apart from that, all is good! feeling positive. had one carton and cup of tea so far. ill start the water (hot with orange flavour) shortly.

need to walk dog number one, dog number two at vets all day :(

happy snow day to all those snowed in xxx

ooh managed to change title of thread all by myself!!!

come on 4th jan ladies keep posting x

Hi all

Mind if I join in? Off to see my CDC in the morning, assuming she is going in to her office. I'll keep you posted on that.

Hi all

Yes, I am still here, even though I am miserable with the common cold. But feel stronger knowing I am not the only one with a cold, its just unfortunate timing. I feel hungry but I am slow to get into ketosis, it could well be until next Monday.
I am taking the paracetamol that doesn't have any coating so this shouldn't affect me.
Keeping warm at home but do need to get on with some work, my typing is all over the place - thank goodness for spellcheck, might need to send to a colleague to proof read incase my reports contain accidental verbal howlers?!

Glad to see that we are all into day 4, yippee!:)

Hi All,

I am currently on day 3 (a day behind you all) and having a good go at it so far! Its pretty weird but I'm actually craving the CD soup right now. In the US we have two versions of Cambridge - original and food for life. I initially got original which is only shakes and when I ordered my next months supply (which is in my cupboard) I went for food for life which also offers the soups. However they both have different calories and I'm trying to finish the original stuff before I go nuts with the new stuff.

I was really jealous of the boyfriend and the fact that he was baking chips last night - up until the point that he horribly burnt them and ate them anyway!

Regarding water, I usually drink 3 liters before 5pm my time and finish up the last 1/2-full liter in the evening, that helps me not have to wee all night. But I've made a bit of a game where I'll fill my 16oz. water bottle ever hour on the hour and remind myself to drink from it. If I don't finish it before the end of the hour, I chug whats left and get myself a new bottle. 2 glasses never hurt anyone, but I wouldn't recommend the chugging method if your water bottle is bigger than 2 glasses!

Good luck all!

Hey Aseyan, you do only need to drink 2.25 litres - not sure if you were aware of that? If you can drink more it's a bonus, but I'm impressed at your managing 3.5 - 4 litres... that's a lot to drink!

CD08, sorry to hear you're suffering too - I've had this cold far too long now, since Christmas, hope yours doesn't last this long!

I'm freeeezing and not hungry :) hurrah, I'm positive I'm in ketosis today. Feel a bit dizzy and headachey so am drinking lots, but I quite often have felt this way in the past so it doesn't surprise me.

xx

Hey Wannab,

I know that I only need to do 2 1/2 liters but I've read all sorts of sites that say there are benefits to increasing that amount - but not too much. I actually have issues with drinking too much water most days. I always have at least 3 liters but I've had a few days where I've had over 5, which I try not to do for the sake of my sodium levels :)

CD08 Hope dog number 2 is doing OK.
I have three and was thinking of maybe walking them one at a time - three turns round the village has got to be better than one.

Aseyan - good idea about the water. I should try that - I usually just don't think about it early enough in the day.

LL have a motto that goes something like "the more you drink the more you shrink". Three years ago I did LL with a girl who was the same height and build and probably around the same starting weight as me - she drank about 5 - 6 litres of water spread evenly over the day and lost almost a stone more than over a 16 week period.

Nelli

LL have a motto that goes something like "the more you drink the more you shrink"

I think that used to be the case (that that's what they said, I mean) but they don't any more. Apart from anything else, it's not true. :) You need the 2.25 litres on top of your shakes (and the extra glasses of water with tetras and bars) but more than that isn't really necessary. By all means drink a bit more if you're thirsty or it helps fill you up, but there's no need to go mad!

New starter over here!!!

Hi Everyone, I started on the 5th and found day 3 ok expect for the really bad headaches and the lovely smell of my mums cooking coming from the kitchen.:sigh:

Goal is to lose 2.5 stone, dont know how long its gonna take but any support would be appreciated cuz i know for a fact I can't do this alone.

Hi rosebud

Well done on your achievement so far, it does get easier. I lost over 3 stones last year then took a break.

Keep coming on the forum and it will help you. And watch the inspiration slide show on the forum when you need super doses of motivation. One day in the not too distant future it will be our photographs providing international inspiration!
Must be tough with tempting smells in the house, perhaps when the weather improves (!) you could go out for a walk when everyone is tucking into their evening meal. Or perhaps it could be your time for pampering - bath, facepack, home pedicure.
Good Luck!

Im on day 4 restart today! I have definately gone into Ketosis as I have that horrible metallic taste when you suck your teeth!! yuk yuk yuk!!
I need to lose 3 stone before April 7th - I will do it!!!!!!!

Evening all, I restarted just after New Year, lost a fair amount on the diet in 2008 but never got to goal and put on about two stone so now it is time to finally finish it off, get to goal, stay there and change my habits.

Weight in tomorrow, hopefully lost a few lbs!

hi polar and gonzo

I'm just here to wail and moan that I am hungry, but on a positive note it is now day 5 so I must be doing something right!

Woo woo day 5!
It 'should' be a breeze for us all from now.
I am 10lbs down and hoping for 14 off in week 1.
Just gotta survive the weekend.
Gonna break my 12 wk stint up by eating on valentines day.
That gives me 2 6 week chunks of ss and something to look forward to!
Anyone else got planned days off?
Hello and welcome to all the new joiners on this thread.
Keep us posted with your progress.
Nellie, dog no2 is fine. Bit dopey from aneasthetic but ok.
Walking them together is a nightmare in this weather as sliding everywhere!
Good idea to take them one at a time as extra exercise too!
Good luck day 5'ers x

Back