4th Times a Charm

Beccubug

Silver Member
I am back again for the fourth time, not feeling bad about it this time though as attempt number three was at the same time as quitting smoking and I haven't started smoking again so I can be proud. The down side of quitting is that I have put everything back on that I had lost but oh well I am doing the right thing to get it off now. Today is day one and I am doing fine so far. Have drunk 2 litres of water, had two mugs of green tea and a mushroom soup.

I do find it funny that before I had a soup at lunch time today I had already started getting the symptoms of the first few days on Cambridge but nothing was different, I never eat before lunch time. Must have decided I was going to feel crap for a few days so why not start straight away.

My boyfriend is also trying to lose weight and as an incentive for it we have decided to put £5 away for every pound we lose and in (hopefully) May with 4 stone down to have a trip to Amsterdam.

Here is to 4 months of brilliant losses and no cheating.

Hey Im on restart too have replied to you on another thread. Im on my umpteenth little restart but have successfully done the diet twice - once in 2005 and lost 4 1/2 stone and once last year and lost 4 1/2st again.

with one thing and another have put it nearly all back on have had a few half hearted attempts at restarts - but this is it today - final final restart adn 3rd time lucky!

We can do this

hope you doing okay today
xxx

Hi love Monday was my 'restart' , I lost 5 stone last year but came off the diet from October(ish) and have been quite lucky to have only put on 9lbs, 5 of those seemingly have come off already! I'm fine during the day (thought it would be difficult as I am at home on my own after having lost my job) but evenings are still the worst. So I shall become addicted to the forums again! Good luck with this restart and WELL DONE ON QUITTING SMOKING!!!!! Hugs, Suzie xx

Hey guys, thanks for responding. Restarts seem to be harder than the initial time of doing the diet, maybe we could start a thread, I saw one earlier full of people who started back at the beginning of Jan and they seem to be motivating each other brilliantly.

It is day three for me and I am doing great at the moment, I am one of those who takes great motivation from scale hopping at the start of the diet and I have gone down 7 pounds already. So happy.

Jess, how is day one going? Are you finding it harder, easier or just the same as other attempts?

Hey Furry, I also find the evenings a danger time. I am getting a little addicted to playing on the x-box with my boyfriend and hours can go by when we do nothing so normally that would be bad but at the moment the distraction is great. Thanks for the encouragement abotu the smoking.

Lisa Marie, your baby is beautiful.

Hey Beccubug,
have replied on the other thread - day 1 not exactly to plan - but am aiming day 2 will be. I find its a bit harder this time but only because Im at home at the moment instead of being in work and am hainvg major relationship problems so that isnt helping but am trying to work through those and get this weight off.

glad you are doing okay - keep up the good work
xxx

Hey Beccubug,
have replied on the other thread - day 1 not exactly to plan - but am aiming day 2 will be. I find its a bit harder this time but only because Im at home at the moment instead of being in work and am hainvg major relationship problems so that isnt helping but am trying to work through those and get this weight off.

glad you are doing okay - keep up the good work
xxx

I know how the relationship issues effect this diet, I had the same thing last time I tried. I hope you manage to sort it out. Maybe not being so tough on yourself with ss would be a good idea at this time. If you need some help or motivation I will try my hardest to help. Just let me know if you are the sympathy type or tough love...hugs

Back