5% 15g and calories

Notebook

Ok - here we go!!
you choose a food that has less that 5% per 100gms.
You have a portion that has less than 15 gms per total meal.
What about the calories? - if you were hungry and kept within the first 2 rules, could you eat any amount of it providing you stayed within the "Rules"
Thanks

The recommended daily calorie intake varies depending on how old you are. For the average adult this is about 2,000 per day (women) and 2,500 per day (men). These calories should be made up of foods from the main food groups.
If you're trying to lose weight, you could start by eating 500 less calories per day. This should help as long as your diet is well-balanced and you're getting lots of exercise.

Source:How many calories do I need a day?

Hope this helps x

my fitness pal is a good site to go on.. It will work out your recomended cal intake per day according to your needs and abilities and height/weight

To be honest, I've always favoured calorie counting, so I've never tried to control my diet by just looking at fat intake (but obviously I had to start looking at fat content when I started Xenical!!)
In general, think we need to be careful of eating 'low fat' or 'lower fat' options in abundance/without restraint -because quite often, the fat in these foods is replaced with things like sugar in order to stop them tasting really horrible!
For instance, I was watching something on the TV the other day about low fat biscuits. Apparently the 'lower fat' variety contain only 3-4 fewer calories than the 'full fat' variety, because the fat is replaced with sugars.
I tend to watch my fat intake purely because of the Xenical, but I count calories to control how much I'm putting away! That's just what works for me though...everybody's different :)

Back