5:2 Diet

Does anyone know if I can eat more than 500cals on a fast day if I burn it off through exercise so my net intake is still 500 or less?
Had a feast day yesterday at 1200cals and with my gym session my net I take was only 515.
Should I be eating my exercise cals?

Nope!! Sorry, not allowed!!! Xxx

Poss should eat some of them back on feast days tho. X

Mitch are you spreading your 500 cals out throughout the day or having them all together try 24 hr fasting so you only have 1 500 cal meal or 12 hour fasting 2 meals or 3 meals on fast days try messing around with that and see what happens.
I am doing a kind of IF and yes i really need to loose weight but am doing it more for the health benefits of fasting and if I loose weight all the better.

Ill have lunch and then some dinner. I could not fast the whole day. My blood sugars seem to drop. This week shows yet again another gain.

you say your blood sugars drop are you diabetic as it does say in the book diabetics should not follow the fasting diet.
if you are not diabetic I cant understand why you aren't loosing. try having 1 really blow out day to shock the body then go back onto plan and try again

No. Not diabetic. I have a bug meal on a sat night after weigh in. I don't understand either but I think I may be going through menopause. Maybe that has an effect on the weight gain. Thanks for advice.

Hi everyone mind if I join you all! Im on my first week of the fast diet & so far find it ok, my fast days are mondays & wednesdays. Going to weigh on thursday mornings but started lst mon so might have to have a sly weigh in then too. Could anyone give me some ideas of what they eat on fast days, after doing sw for years finding it a bit tricky getting my head round counting cals x

I normally have soup for lunch, then I have a weight watchers meal for dinner. Drink green tea throughout the day. Sainsburys leek and potato is only 210 cals for 600g and is filling.

Blimey I am struggling today!!!! Maybe because I'm due on imminently. Does anyone else struggle more when due on? This is also the first week I've done three down days so maybe that could be causing me a problem too?

I tried fasting 2/3 days before due on - had huge issues in the end decided - week before due on need to up my good carbs like sweet potato, pumpkin, and have a few potatoes on my non fast days - also make some coconut chocolate cookies - taste like dark choc brownie - but have no real grains or sugars in them .. But hit the spot choc wise lol about 67 kcals each makes 16

Chocolate coconut Cookies

Ingredients

¼ cup sifted TIANA coconut flour
¼ cup butter or TIANA virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3 eggs
1/3 cup TIANA Organic Raw Crystallised Coconut Nectar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla

Method

In a saucepan at low heat, melt butter and stir in cocoa powder. Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, combine eggs, nectar, salt and vanilla; stir in cocoa mixture. Whisk coconut flour into batter until there are no lumps. Let batter rest for 4 to 5 minutes to allow it to thicken slightly. Drop batter by the spoonful on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 175 Degree C (350F) for 14 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

moonwatcher said:
Mmmmm, they sound gorgeous. Coconut supplies will have to go on the shopping list!

I was just thinking the same!

Hope everyone is doing ok, I've just completed 7 weeks doing 5:2 and have lost 10lbs on it so far, and have found it easy and enjoyable, so am definitely continuing doing the plan for the foreseeable future. I aim to lose 1-2 lbs per week anyway as don't want to lose muscle and want to be kindest to shrinking skin, so losing 1.6lb on average at the mo which is perfect :) I'm trying to make my own tweaks in terms of amount of protein etc but am certainly loving the fact I can feel ok having the odd treat ( I split a pizza between Fri night tea and Sat lunch for the first time in months)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

maz8 said:
Hi everyone mind if I join you all! Im on my first week of the fast diet & so far find it ok, my fast days are mondays & wednesdays. Going to weigh on thursday mornings but started lst mon so might have to have a sly weigh in then too. Could anyone give me some ideas of what they eat on fast days, after doing sw for years finding it a bit tricky getting my head round counting cals x

Egg whites are a firm fave for me, I buy cartons from
Sainsbury's or Waitrose and have omelettes with mushrooms etc, Quorn stir fries with loads of veg, garlic, chilli etc, slim pasta on occasion, taco trays filled with quorn chilli, quorn flavoured fillets with veg etc

Hope everyone is doing ok, I've just completed 7 weeks doing 5:2 and have lost 10lbs on it so far, and have found it easy and enjoyable, so am definitely continuing doing the plan for the foreseeable future. I aim to lose 1-2 lbs per week anyway as don't want to lose muscle and want to be kindest to shrinking skin, so losing 1.6lb on average at the mo which is perfect :) I'm trying to make my own tweaks in terms of amount of protein etc but am certainly loving the fact I can feel ok having the odd treat ( I split a pizza between Fri night tea and Sat lunch for the first time in months)

That is a really good average and sustainable long term. Well done.

That is a great loss. You're doing really well.

I wish I was! I've moved my fast day to tomorrow so weigh in on Tuesday for me. I'm not expecting good news. Going to try to up my exercise again this week. Here's to a good week for everyone.

Denise :)

oooh am so excited have lost 2lb in 6 days and 1lb of body fat mass:D
honestly didn't think fasting would work for me. wish I had weighed myself before starting :rolleyes:

Hi Ladies, haven't been on for a few days but unfortunately I've had to stop the diet. I've got gallstones and apparently it could be linked to the fasting so i can't carry it on. Im gutted because it really was working but it seems in my case it isn't right for my body. Good luck all and back to the diet drawing board :-(

Back