5:2ing. Ruth's Journey!

Hey Ruth that's a bit of a shock to find out you have a thyroid problem, did he give you medication or just going to monitor?
I can't believe he's still pushing the orlistat when you've lost nearly a stone since you last went how ridiculous!

Well done on you're weight loss though that is excellent :)

Omg ikea meatballs they are just the best! Enjoy and happy anniversary to you both, hope you have a lovely time this evening x x

Yeah I know it was a bit of a shock, he sent me for bloods doing because I point blank refused to go on Orlistat, and this is what they found. I am due to go back for an appointment on 6th March where he will look at me further and will prescribe tablets. I am worried as taking things with hormones in makes me very unwell.
I have debilitating migraines which I self inject for which are made much worse with hormone based medicines- one of the reasons why I am on the copper coil so I don't have to bother!! I'm just thinking long term with possibly having children and things. I should have realised a long time ago to be honest. I have been up and down with depression for many years, developed psoriasis on my scalp and on my legs and couldn't keep weight off at all, as well as the fact that on average I go to bed at 8pm as I am so tired. All the signs were there I think I just didn't know or think it would happen to me at my age.

Aah well, something to live with and it answers a lot of questions!!

I am looking forward to Ikea lots!!!!! Looking forward to those meatballs yum yum. Have you got any plans?

Ruth
X

Yeah I suppose it does explain those symptoms which is good, maybe you won't need medication or if you do it won't have too many side affects, just wait and see I guess. In the meantime at least you're doing a great job with losing weight so that might get GP off your back at least!

I'm working today until 4.30 then back off home to Liverpool for the weekend which I'm very excited about!
Have fun at ikea :)

X

Yeah I suppose it does explain those symptoms which is good, maybe you won't need medication or if you do it won't have too many side affects, just wait and see I guess. In the meantime at least you're doing a great job with losing weight so that might get GP off your back at least!

I'm working today until 4.30 then back off home to Liverpool for the weekend which I'm very excited about!
Have fun at ikea :)

X

Ooo have a lovely time in Liverpool!!

Ikea was great! 2 stools, 2 massive floor lamps, huge coffee table, 2 rugs and various other bits for the kitchen were just under £100 so really pleased!

Had some lovely meatballs when I was there too yum yum! We went out last night but stuck to my bottle of leffe and only had 2 slices of pizza even though I got given a whole one to myself. I busied myself with the 2.5 week old baby instead :D

Looking forward to this weekend. Being taken out somewhere nice tonight but not been told where :)

I am so determined to show the doctors what I can do, get fit and keep any medication to an absolute minimum, because I'm on enough already!!

I really do hope you have a fab weekend, when I lived away from home I used to love going home at the weekends :)

Ruth
X

Fab loss yet again Ruth... Wow xx

ive started today off to start my diary :D

Fab loss yet again Ruth... Wow xx

ive started today off to start my diary :D

Thank you! :) ooo I will have a look for you :)

Good luck with your diary!

Nice to see you on the Easter challenge too!!

Ruth
X

Mad Day 1

Friday:

Black Coffee = 4
IKEA Meatballs = 305
Diet Coke = 2

50g Cheese Doritos 250
Mustard & BBQ Sauce = 30
2 Slices Mushroom, Chicken & Chilli Pizza = 400
1 Bottle Nectar Leffe 750ml = 450

= 1431/2000

Very good!

Ruth
X

Last edited:
That's me last night!!! Haha!

Attachments

• 1423388185818.jpg
    1423388185818.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 88
Lovely pic Ruth :) I don't think you ate much Friday...even though its mostly high cal I wouldn't say it was too bad a day as it wasn't large amounts. As for saturday- I don't even try and count meals out for special occasions...your next fast will soon balance things out :) x

Saturday:

50g Cool Doritos = 249
100g 0% Yogurt = 54

Meal Out
Chicken Liver parfait x2 Slices (rind removed!) = 350
4 mini cut brioche Slices = 125
2 tsp Onion Relish = 50

250ml Red Wine = 176
175ml White Wine = 135

Rare Rump Steak (fat removed) = 168
Mushrooms & Tomatoes = 120
Homemade Chips 150g = 246
Peppercorn Sauce = 95

Chocolate Orange Mousse = 218
1 Oreo Cookie = 47
1 Ball Vanilla Ice Cream = 145
Rum (Captain Morgans) Liquer Coffee with no added sugar! = 160

Well :/ I asked for portion sizes, less sugar etc.

= 2338/2000 NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD!!!!

Ruth
X

Lovely pic Ruth :) I don't think you ate much Friday...even though its mostly high cal I wouldn't say it was too bad a day as it wasn't large amounts. As for saturday- I don't even try and count meals out for special occasions...your next fast will soon balance things out :) x

Aww thank you!

No I didn't eat a lot I've just worked it all out and its counterbalanced itself :) it's just been funny as ive been so busy! Not used to eating like this! I enjoy my oranges and yogurts and peach water and things! Although last night was yum!!!

OH making me a cooked breakfast but is under strict instructions to grill it all ;)

We can't really afford to eat out so it was a lovely one off treat! Would like a 1lb this Friday though hee hee!

Are you ok!?

Ruth
X

Lovely picture Ruth, well done with your food choices as well you did a great job there, hope the rest of your weekend is going well x x

Lovely picture Ruth, well done with your food choices as well you did a great job there, hope the rest of your weekend is going well x x

Thanks I had a lovely time!!!

I hope you had a fab weekend!

I have tonsilitis :/ not good. Lots of beans and hot food. Fasting today though so lets see!!

Ruth
X

Still here, although very unwell. Living on soups and beans. Boo.

Full week of antibiotics. Feel horrible :(

Not overly hopeful for Friday due to amounts of lemsip and medicines!!!

Oh well :( feed the cold!

Ruth
X

Tomorrow: lunch in the bowl and my dinner already pre made!!

Lots of love for smoked salmon!!

Hopefully I won't feel too drained again :(

Ruth
X

Attachments

• 1423683174592.jpg
    1423683174592.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 66
Managed today no problem which is good! Roll on WI tomorrow. Not much hope due to sheer amount of medicines but it can't be helped! On with it tomorrow! Definitely buying smoked salmon when it comes on offer again!

Ruth
X

I STS today which I am very pleased with given the amount of medicine soups and beans I have eaten! Now to use this weekend to get well and be on top form this next week :)

Hope all of you are well!

Ruth
X

Hey Ruth well done on the STS, with all the extra meds you have been taking its going to take a bit of time for your body to adjust. Also look at your excellent losses for the previous 3 weeks - amazing!

Hope you've had a lovely valentines day and been spoiled rotten :D

X

Hey Ruth well done on the STS, with all the extra meds you have been taking its going to take a bit of time for your body to adjust. Also look at your excellent losses for the previous 3 weeks - amazing!

Hope you've had a lovely valentines day and been spoiled rotten :D

X

Hello! Thanks very much :)
Just come off them today thank God!! Thanks for the support too :) hope you had a fab weekend and got spoilt! I was very spoilt indeed- feel very bloated now and looking forward to fasting!!

Ruth
X

Back