5"5, 11 stone, 11 pounds

adalyn

Hiya,

So I ordered my first bundle on Saturday, which, depending on when it was mailed, means I'll be starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've committed to keeping the community updated as to how it goes, as I don't see a lot of people who are about as overweight as I am posting typical feedbacks. I also don't see any reports of failures, which I think can be helpful in figuring things out either way.

I am committed to this, but I do have some reservations. I've done Atkin's before, and the ketosis has driven me insane. I follow for a week and then I want to eat not just a cheat item, but an entire restaurant menu (and I usually do). I do have willpower to an extent, as I've gone ten days on a water fast a few times before (for religious reasons) and it bizarrely bothered me less than eating a lot of calories- just of a carb-free variety. I do want to lose weight quickly. I'm in my late twenties, no kids, and I've never been lower than just under 10 stone (for a milisecond). Generally I'm comfortable between 10 stone and 10 stone 10.

Ideally, I'd like to get around 9 stone this time, and relatively quickly. But I'll have to work out the best way to do it for me. Let's hope Exante is it!

Last edited:
Hiya,

So I ordered my first bundle on Saturday, which, depending on when it was mailed, means I'll be starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've committed to keeping the community updated as to how it goes, as I don't see a lot of people who are about as overweight as I am posting typical feedbacks. I also don't see any reports of failures, which I think can be helpful in figuring things out either way.

I am committed to this, but I do have some reservations. I've done Atkin's before, and the ketosis has driven me insane. I follow for a week and then I want to eat not just a burger, but an entire McDonalds (and I usually do). I do have willpower to an extent, as I've gone ten days on a water fast a few times before (for religious reasons) and it bizarrely bothered me less than eating a lot of calories- just of a carb-free variety. I do want to lose weight quickly. I'm in my late twenties, no kids, and I've never been lower than just under 10 stone (for a milisecond). Generally I'm comfortable between 10 stone and 10 stone 10.

Ideally, I'd like to get around 9 stone this time, and relatively quickly. But I'll have to work out the best way to do it for me. Let's hope Exante is it!

Hi and welcome to Exante.

If you have a look on the Exante diaries section, you will see a lot of us keep diaries to keep people updated of our progress. We also put our struggles and failings in there too and believe me we have a lot of those!!:)

Good luck with your journey and I am sure with your determination you will achieve your goal in no time at all!!:)

Thanks! I see I was totally looking in the wrong place. I'd googled for reviews of Exante and it brought me to this site, but I didn't realize there were several boards available. Much appreciated, and I'll probably move the updates over to the diary board :)

I'll move this for you :)

Hi Adalyn......I'm 5'5' started this week, and am a few pounds heavier than you at 12st 5lb.
I've done Lighter Life before very successfully, and got to well under 10 stone, which was fantastic, now that must have been, ooh, 6 years ago, and sadly, gradually, it's crept back on.
Not wanting to go to the meetings involved with LL, and also keeping the costs down, I thought I'd go for Exante this time. I'm hoping it's going to be the same, and just as successful.
I DO know, the secret to staying slim is changing your eating habits afterwards, and that food needs to be introduced gradually, but that's another story.........
Well. good luck, hun......I'm sure we can do this.

Hi Adalyn,

I started last Friday. I'm 5'6" and started at 12st5lbs/size 16 but in denial - still wearing too tight size 14s!

I've never done this kind of diet before bar 2 or 3 day flirtations with Atkins. I'm on day 5 now so that's saying something for the Exante experience ;-) I think the total exclusion of food as well as distracting myself with this forum has got me this far - people on here are so supportive! I struggled on Day 3 but this forum got me through.

I've been down to 9.5 st before but find I can't maintain it. Realistically I think around 10.5 is better for me and I'm happy as a size 12. I started this because I've been trying to get motivated since the new year but kept falling off the wagon. I thought I'd do two weeks TS and two weeks WS and see where that got me - happy to shift the remaining weight by healthy eating and exercise and I think I'll be motivated enough after a month of Exante.

Looking forward to hearing your progress - I'm sure you can do this given your track record!

Good Luck :)

It's so good to hear from everyone! Good luck Susan and minimiseme :)

So far, two days down. The hardest part is not calling attention to myself at work. I didn't realize how social eating was, even though we all order our lunches separately and eat in our office. There's always a coffee/snack run, someone who brings something in, someone who pops in and asked what I got for lunch or when I'm going to eat. Tomorrow, I have meetings all day and lunch is catered. Going to be a challenge. Depending on how much people are paying attention, I may have to grab a plate and push around the food a bit. But I really want to stay 100%, at least until I get this down.

The second hardest part? The drinks. I tried putting coffee into my banana one earlier this morning. Better. But they're still so thick and it's such a struggle to get them down. Not a fan of the clumping either.

Sigh. I do like the soups and bars well enough though :)

Anyway, ramble ramble. Good weight loss to us all and thanks for the welcome :)

I've been using the vanilla shake with coffee but I use half a pack to make one huge mug of coffee - so I have 2 mugs that day. I think it would be far too thick otherwise like you say.

I know what you mean about eating at work. I've pretended I'd eaten out and the bar was my pudding. I've seen someone else in here takes their soup into work in a flask. I find the only way I get a smooth result is with my hand blender, even a whisk doesn't do it right!

Stick with it - the results are worth it. I lost 8.5 lbs in the first week so I'm pleased!

I add loads of water to my shakes too, I probably use about 400-500ml for a shake pack. Just experiment with it until you find a way that works for you :)

Well done getting started. Hope all goes well at your work thing, and that the next few days go really quickly as you get into ketosis.

Hi
I am similar weight and height too started at 12 stone 3 and I am 5ft 6. I lost 8.5lb this week (today is my official weigh in day).

I have found all of the shakes/soups/bars a lot better than I had prepared for! I agree though definitely need blending or they do go lumpy. I bought a protein shake bottle to use at work it has a strainer kind of thing in it and that seems to work to stop the lumps!

Good luck! x

Hello all,
I'm new to the site. I liked this thread because I'm 5' 4" and started total solution 5 days ago and have already lost 5lbs (yes I know I should have waited a week)! I tend to have one at 08.00, one at 2pm and then the last one at 8pm. I haven't had any problems drinking 3 litres of water as I have felt really thirsty. My family's main complaint is the halitosis which means I must be in ketosis but the urine sticks say that I'm not so I'm not taking any notice of them as the main thing is that I'm losing wait. Off now to try and work out how to put the signature statistics at the bottom of the post. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all :family2:

Week 1......
Week 2......
Week 3......
Week 4......
Week 5......
Week 6......
Goal - to fit in my size 12 clothes :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Feeling a little disappointed on the first 1 week weigh in. I peeped on day 5 and had lost 5lbs but on the weigh in I had only lost 4lbs which meant I had gained a pound!!!

I have stuck religiously to the 3 shakes and 3 litres of water and done half an hour WII most nights. The only thing that I can think of is that I've had a dash of skimmed milk in my tea in the mornings but that's all. It looks as though people seem to lose the most in the first week so it's going to be tough to stick to if I'm only going to lose 2lbs or so a week.

Feeling a bit demoralised for some reason but so want to keep going. Is the 2nd week normally tough?

Keep positive!!!!!!!:sigh:

Hi all, feeling much more positive this week and have vowed not to weigh myself during the week as when I put a pound on I was not happy! Half a stone in 2 weeks - I can definitely live with that especially as I did no exercise this week whatsoever. Plan on doing 30 mins of Wii each night so hopefull for next week :)

I;m fairly the same as u, I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 11 st 12 and would love to get to 9 stones asap, lets do it...

I;m fairly the same as u, I'm 5ft 4 and weigh 11 st 12 and would love to get to 9 stones asap, lets do it...

That's great yes lets do it. You're 2 lbs in front already!! :giggle:(I'm 12 stone). I was only going to do this diet for a month leading up to a big weekend, ideally would love to get into size 14 trousers in the next 2 weeks (still in 16). Saying that the weight loss has been so good that I might come back to it after the weekend. My problem is not what I eat but lack of exercise. I'm having surgery in June on my shoulder and the pain I have has prevented me jumping around. I can just about manage the Wii and hula hooping. Exante might be a way of keeping the weight off during this time as well as actually losing. My goal is size 12 clothes rather than weight. I think I'm best between 9.5-10. Any less and I look wrinkly in the face :sigh:. Anyway good luck and I'll post each week on this thread. Can't post frequently cos of workload. Bye for now :)

Last edited:
oh hi colosi, i was actually keeping a track of yr weight loss because our height and weight is very alike, so I'm presuming we would loose similar weight. I wanted to see how yr progress was going because I was planning on doing exante and you would have been a good example for me to follow:), yr weight loss has been very good, so far u have lost half stone in 2 weeks and thats really how much you should be aiming for, plus u don't have a lot of weight to loose, so thats pretty good i think, i would be very happy with 3-4 pounds weight loss a week. I just ordered my exante bumper pack today and hope to start as soon as it arrives, hopefully will be monday the latest, until it arrives im just gonna carry on with my current diet, anyway good luck to u to, lets get these last couple of stones off for GOOD!

oh hi colosi, i was actually keeping a track of yr weight loss because our height and weight is very alike, so I'm presuming we would loose similar weight. I wanted to see how yr progress was going because I was planning on doing exante and you would have been a good example for me to follow:), yr weight loss has been very good, so far u have lost half stone in 2 weeks and thats really how much you should be aiming for, plus u don't have a lot of weight to loose, so thats pretty good i think, i would be very happy with 3-4 pounds weight loss a week. I just ordered my exante bumper pack today and hope to start as soon as it arrives, hopefully will be monday the latest, until it arrives im just gonna carry on with my current diet, anyway good luck to u to, lets get these last couple of stones off for GOOD!
Definitely. I lost 3.5 stone on Rosemary Conley and managed to maintain, it's only the fact that I've stopped exercise that has meant I've put back on so Exante is good so far and I've never lost this quick. I really hope it continues so that I can get into size 14 for my weekend. Positive things that have happened - I can now fit my wedding and engagement ring on and I got into a size 14 work trouser (even though the cut is big it's still a 14)! Good luck the first few days can be a bit tough but all of a sudden you stop feeling hungry and as long as you keep busy, it's fairly easy when you can see results. Speak soon and good luck :)

I think the fact theres a lot of support here and the results are so good, this will help us stay on the wagon and not get off so soon like we do in most diets:) hopefully:))).... Yer Ive heard the 1st few days are tough but I think Ive prepared myself for this because I have been on quite a low fat low carb diet in the past 2 weeks so I think my body will adjust to it fairly soon. This will be very interesting for us to do because its seems like we both have roughly the same current weight and same goal weight, so this is def a challenge for us colosi:) GOOD LUCK with getting to size 14 soon, i prob wear the same size as u, I dont know what my szie is at the mo cos im mostly in sports gear, but i think at 130-135 pounds i should be size 8 ish... I was 135 pounds 3 years back and wearing mostly 8s and 10s... Hope to be there soon, it looks like we should get there in max 3 months, that would be a dream for us:)

I think the fact theres a lot of support here and the results are so good, this will help us stay on the wagon and not get off so soon like we do in most diets:) hopefully:))).... Yer Ive heard the 1st few days are tough but I think Ive prepared myself for this because I have been on quite a low fat low carb diet in the past 2 weeks so I think my body will adjust to it fairly soon. This will be very interesting for us to do because its seems like we both have roughly the same current weight and same goal weight, so this is def a challenge for us colosi:) GOOD LUCK with getting to size 14 soon, i prob wear the same size as u, I dont know what my szie is at the mo cos im mostly in sports gear, but i think at 130-135 pounds i should be size 8 ish... I was 135 pounds 3 years back and wearing mostly 8s and 10s... Hope to be there soon, it looks like we should get there in max 3 months, that would be a dream for us:)
Blimey I've just seen your weight loss -6lb!! Was that your first Exante week? Well done you that's great. I'm well chuffed lost another 4lb this week and comfortably in a size 14 and I couldn't do any exercise this week but I have been 100% so it does pay off. Kepp up the good work Pixar

Back