Total Solution 5.5 stone has to be gone by Dec 2011

fittp00

Penny
Hi all ( ladies and gents)
I've been overweight most of my life. I have a neice who is now 13, but despite her growing up in an entirely different continent to me, she has the same weight issues (genetics go figure). I'm paying for her and my nephew to come over for a six week holiday in December but I really want to make sure I've lost weight before she comes over. I feel that if her Auntie Penny is slim then it might be a good impact on her and help her to lose weight. I don't want her to go through the rejection and self hate I did because of my weight.
I'd love to buddy up with people so we can support each other.
Lots of love

Hi Penny,

I have the same to lose and was looking at starting this week. It would be great to have someone to join the ups and downs with! I just moved form West London back to my parents in the Midlands. I spent the last 6 years at Uni down there and the stress induced comfort eating became ridiculous preparing for my final show and I put on two stone in two months. I already a few spare tyres I had wanted to lose! When were you thinking of starting? I did exante this time last year and lost a stone and a half, but then things went wrong and I didn't continue. I am the odd one out of my family, they are all fitness freaks! But I want to prove them wrong that I won't be a dumpling forever!

Hi Penny and Liz,
Starting Tues when my packs come, so love to do it together too. Mine been a long term problem, been doing organic diet for few months (health issues) but willpower of a gnat, so after nightmare session in Debenhams changing room on Saturday, did some internet searching and found here and exante. Fingers crossed and good luck!

Hey Penny
If you feel like having a buddy will help why not start a diary for people to follow and comment/support you? I gave one and it really really helps me :) get loads of support when I am struggling :)
Good luck x

Hi all. I'm starting today and will write a diary (good suggestion DustQueen) to keep me focused.
Hi Liz. I know what you mean about the comfort eating. Mine has now turned into boredom eating, but I've got loads of activities to keep me occupied if I look like falling off the wagon.
Hi Dawn. I hate going into any stores right now and trying clothes on. My bum is much bigger than my top half, so trousers and dresses have definitely been out up to now.
Let's do this together.

Last edited:
Hi ya

I found this thread and for a Monday morning I am thrilled!!! I am starting exante with my OH on Saturday. I have lost 5 stone and put it all back on and more because I let myself be affected by stresses and ignored the lessons learned on LL. I am looking forward to losing wt with exante as I am 6 ft tall and I shall be having 4 packs a day to prevent feeling so ill and weak, like I did on LL.

I would really like to have buddies that I can share with and listen to. Hope u all have a fab day

Take care

R xx

Hi all. I'm starting today and will write a diary (good suggestion DustQueen) to keep me focused.
Hi Liz. I know what you mean about the comfort eating. Mine has now turned into boredom eating, but I've got loads of activities to keep me occupied if I look like falling off the wagon.
Hi Dawn. I hate going into any stores right now and trying clothes on. My bum is much bigger than my top half, so trousers and dresses have definitely been out up to now.
Let's do this together.

Fantastic :) Good luck! Hope all goes well :)

Hi ya

I found this thread and for a Monday morning I am thrilled!!! I am starting exante with my OH on Saturday. I have lost 5 stone and put it all back on and more because I let myself be affected by stresses and ignored the lessons learned on LL. I am looking forward to losing wt with exante as I am 6 ft tall and I shall be having 4 packs a day to prevent feeling so ill and weak, like I did on LL.

I would really like to have buddies that I can share with and listen to. Hope u all have a fab day

Take care

R xx

Hey Rach :)
Welcome, there are a lovely bunch of people on here :) Sure you will get lots of support :) Good luck!!

Hi all. Just about to put my order in whoop whoop. Am really trying not to stuff myself in the run up to Sat. What did everyone else do? Were u trying to reduce before starting or did you go cold t**key? ( sorry tried to not write anything about food references eck )

R xx

RachieB said:
Hi all. Just about to put my order in whoop whoop. Am really trying not to stuff myself in the run up to Sat. What did everyone else do? Were u trying to reduce before starting or did you go cold t**key? ( sorry tried to not write anything about food references eck )

R xx

I pigged out lol not a major pig just a little one :)

Hi Rach. The recommendation is to go low carb in the run-up, but I pigged out too. The upside is you may have a bigger loss in your first week. Welcome on board.

Hi ya thanks for the welcome. I low carbed before LL but we are contemplating a lovely meal. However, since ordering the packs I am struggling not to overeat. I haven't weighed myself in months so I am dreading the scales!!!!!!!

Is it realistic for me to hope to lose 5.5 stones by Christmas? I've signed up to the Christmas challenge; I have about 6 stones to lose, why have I let myself get to this state I aak myself ;-(

R xx

Don't beat yourself up. We're all in the same position. Remember, you can do this.

RachieB said:
Hi ya thanks for the welcome. I low carbed before LL but we are contemplating a lovely meal. However, since ordering the packs I am struggling not to overeat. I haven't weighed myself in months so I am dreading the scales!!!!!!!

Is it realistic for me to hope to lose 5.5 stones by Christmas? I've signed up to the Christmas challenge; I have about 6 stones to lose, why have I let myself get to this state I aak myself ;-(

R xx

If you are 100% then you should do at least 5 :)

Thanks fitp00 and Dustqueen. I am awaiting my delivery which, should come tomorrow. Am reducing carbs as if Thursday so we are having a nice meal tomorrow then reducing so that we don't get too much of a carb crash on sat sun and Monday. Thankfully we haven't got too much booked over the weekend

Thank u for ur replies. It always good to have support along the way

Hope u r all ok?

R xx

Weigh in this morning.

13 Stone 12 Pounds.

Feeling ok. Although, I am doing 4 days of slimfast first, to cut down on the carbs and get into it... then starting real thing on Saturday. I thought I had some packs left from last year, I do, but only bananna which I'm happy to have once I'm in the swing of things, but not for my first days. I can tolerate them....

How you feeling fitp00? dawndesperatetoloose?

Hi Liz, Fit and Rachie (hello!), got packs today so starting tomorrow. Hmmm...seems a bit odd to say Im looking forward to no food, but maybe bit of a relief actually! Suppose takes away that battle of wills about not being able to turn something nice down. How many times have we all eaten something, regretted it etc... etc.... So new start! 3 stones to get off I hope and then who knows. (How optimistic am I...just opened parcel for goodness sake!!) Well good luck ladies and keep in touch, be nice to have support!

Optimism is never a bad thing! I'm nearing the end of day 5 and I think positivity (and a cheeky step onto the scales each morning :) ) has really helped me through - If I'm feeling weak I tell myself that nothing tastes as good as slim feels ha ha
Good luck and keep us all posted
Sam x

Hi sam, well renowned for my optimism...errrrrr....NOT! So hence my mini target of 7lbs by 11th Aug!! Read some stories on here and people loose 2 stone by then!! Well, ok slight exageration!! Good luck with end of your week 1, how good if you have a fab loss!

Despite my optimism I'm really trying not to set myself unrealistic goals as I think I'll be thrown off course if I don't achieve them. Losing a stone a month sounds too good to be true - if I can lose more than 7lbs I'll be a very happy girl.

I had my first big challenge at work today when a colleague brought in chocolate cupcakes for her birthday - every time somebody opened the box I got an overwhelming smell of loveliness! Went and bought myself a Coke Zero and all was good with the world again ha ha It's funny how much we can change in a week :)

Back