5 days in and feeling down

krazykell

So I started the plan om Monday. I have really been enjoying it so far. Have stuck to it 100% and have been reminding myself I CAN eat when I'm hungry.
I am very skeptical though.

Well today I have woken up and my stomach hurts. I mean REALLY REALLY hurts, I went through yesterdays meals and theres nothing that could of made this happen ???

Could it be purely because instead of not eating at all apart from dinner n sons snacks I am eating and everything is really healthy n my body can't cope with sudden change?

I am feeling really really down, I keep pushing through and have been eating. I just want to curl into a ball and cry :(

Awww bless, how awful, when you say your stomach hurts is it bloated? If so there are loads of threads on here which will help.

so why do you feel down?

Believe in in the plan it does work, I got to target and stay within my range (most of the time) with following SW.

id start subbing to diaries and have a mooch around the recipe threads, there is also a before and after thread that will give you the proof that SW does work.

good luck.

Could it be something else, maybe a bug or something that you may have picked up? Doesn't necessarily mean its what you have eaten that is causing your tummy to hurt, though I know a lot of people do experience bloating when they first start SW due to all the veg they start eating. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluid, all that extra fibre needs fluid to keep it moist to be able to travel through and out the other end!! ;) If you haven't been used to eating these types of foods then it could well be the change.

What are you down about? Is this connected to your tummy hurting or something else?

Thank you girls :)
I am purely feeling down because of my tummy as I can't give little one attention. I'm mostly sat on toilet.
However I had a think and I'm pretty sure its sw but not actually sw but way I have been using it. I just realised I have only had 2pieces of bread since Sunday!! And no other form of fiber!! So I think maybe I need to stop trying to use my healthy extras on my fav (cheese) and start having either cereal (from the list of course) or 1slice of toast with my fruit and yogurt!!
Suppose thats the problem going it alone you don't have anyone to tell you where your going wrong. I'm just glad I have realized now before it got worse :/ lol
Hmmm real glad I started my food diary or I might not have even noticed :/
However isn't making me feel better rightnow :(

If you have had veg, you would have been getting plenty of fibre. You should be eating veg with you meals as part of the plan anyway. And you say you have had fruit....that contains fibre too as do many other foods such as beans, lentils etc.
Maybe post here what you have been eating and we can see where you might be able to add more foods to help you.

Last edited:
did you eat a lot of sugar before?

you could be feeling down because of a sugar crash, but it will pass.

the tummy pains, im not sure, maybe you have a little bug?

hope you feel better soon xxx

Hmmm didnt think about the fiber in the veg. I don't know about a sugar crash though, I norm have two/three coffees a day (which each have two sugars) but I've not really changed that. I did used to have a packet of crisps everyday but that more fat. I'm 99% sure it's not a bug. I just had to get my head down though. Although little one only allowed that to be half hour :( Every meal I'm filling half my plate with veg or salad or a superfree food.
Wednesday.

• Breakfast - 2bananas
    Lunch - Syn free pasta, pasta, chicken pieces, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, green beans, tin tomatoes. (Made about 6severings in total) and an apple.
    Snack - Banana.
    Dinner - Chicken (cooked in slow cooker with one tablespoon of honey) Syn free chips, brocoli, frozen peas, green beans, tablespoon of saladcream.

Syns - 2.5

• Thursday

Breakfast - 2pieces of kingsmill toast, 3 scrambled eggs (made in microwave)
    Lunch - Chicken salad : lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, tomato 20grams chicken. 2teaspoons salad cream. 1 banana, 1 apple. 1 cup of cappicino (no milk but 2teaspoons sugar)
    Dinner - bacon (cooked with no fat on griddle pan) sweet potato chips with 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (but made two portions so only 3syns) half tin beans
    Snack - apple

SYNS - 13, 1/2​
  • Ok so shopping came today so I offically have the right things for the plan :)

This is today so far...
    Breakfast - cup of instant coffee with 2sugars and an apple.
    Snack - Toffee muller light
    Lunch - medium jacket potato with cheese (healthy extra) and salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion) and 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce

Syns so far 3.5 :)

Just a thought, you mentioned at the beginning that you were using your HEX on Cheese and that you should maybe swop it for cereal / bread? You can actually have both, as the Cheese would be your A choice and the bread or cereal etc choice would be your B. I cant see that any day you have been having both, and the plan says for good nutrition levels, that you should be having both - so dont miss out! :)

I know personally sweetcorn gives my tummy terible gyp and bloating, and some people get bad tummies from too many bananas. Just a few ideas.

Hope you feel better soon hun.x

I think it could be the bananas. I only eat one a week because they can give me awful stomach cramps and cause me to bloat. Or it could just be that your body is adjusting to the new way of eating. Hope you're feeling better soon though.:)

Hope you feel better soon, krazykell. Stick with it, always come on here for advice and support and just think how fantastic you'll feel when you get your first weight loss! :) Just hope this uncomfortable time passes quickly for you though.

Kathy x

Thanksfor your support everyone. I have pushed through and continued eating as I don't want my body to think it's stopped again, but it has been hard today.
Luisa71 - I think your right and its my banana intake thats done it. My husband said so too when he got home.
Mrscush - Thanks for the tip. I had been so worried about going over on hex that I hadnt even been using them all so thats something I will try and keep ontop of.
My diet before was quiet similar but less salad n veg (although I had veg everyday it wasnt in the same quantities) and i would indulge in cheese a lot, and use 2-3tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with almost all main meals. Oh and two slices of brown bread in a sandwich, most likely with a big dollop of mayo.
I'm still not feeling great so going to have an early night and hopefully my belly will feel better in the morning and I can start the day right with cereal :)

Have you had this reaction to bananas before.....? They're pretty inoffensive really!!
I still think it might be the extra veg you are eating or even just a bug. I've seen it so many times before when people change their eating habits and feel a bit rough and straight away blame it on the food because that's what has changed but actually its some bug they've picked up.

I have been constipated from bananas before so I think it is possible. I'm sure it's not bug as this doesn't feel like that. I am also quite bloated and have been trying to drink more since feeling unwell.
Regardless I will be pushing through with sw as I am so determined to shift this weight and prove to everyone (and myself) that I can do it!!! Fed up of having tight clothes, I'm now only comfy in joggers or leggings and thats just embarasing for me :(

You might bananas pretty inoffensive lentil2 but I've stopped eating them because they gave me such terrible pains in my stomach!! So it could quite easily be the bananas, or maybe even a combination of bananas and the fibre in the veg. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

Hey guys, I'm still feeling a bit rough today but I'm sure it will pass soon. I have also realized that my af is due next week so that might also contributing to how I'm feeling.
It's annoyed me mostly as not got the things done I've wanted to and its a beautiful sunny day n I keep napping :(

Thanks everyone for the support I have had no bananas or coffee today so hopefully my body will be back to normal soon :)

To help me feel better I might even make some porridge muffins ;) hehe

Back