5 stone challenge

I would like to join too if that's ok?

I'm currently at 20st 13lb, my target is 12st7 so have over 5st to lose. but it will get me a good chunk of the way there :)

im on slimming world ee :)

im liking this stuff about talking about ourselves :)

well im samantha, 23 years old from plymouth in devon. i work part time in a residential home, and am a full time university student, studying towards a degree in health and social care studies, im hoping to go on to own and manage my own residential home as ive seen so much corruption working in the care industry that i dont like e.g. everything revolving around money at the expense of the residents who are vulnerable, i want to give them what they deserve :)

i live with my boyfriend andy who ive been with for 2 and a half years (u do less time for murder lol) in a nice little flat, which i love because its ours :D we share it with our baby yellow lutino cockatiel named Ollie, our collie x kelpie puppy Prince and our 10 - yes TEN - rats: Ashen, Rosie, Fudge, Patch, Lucky, Star, Chester, Jim, Duke and Dodger. so its a cross between a pet shop and a zoo and i love it lol

weight wise ive always been big, habits picked up from my mum (whose weight has always been up and down) have rubbed off on me i think and im now the biggest ive ever been, 16st 9lbs, surprised ive got to this size with barely noticing it, that sounds really stupid but the saying that weight "creeps up on you" is true for me

i want to lose weight for a few reasons, mainly to feel better about the way i look, to have more confidence when i finally get my degree as i cant be a 'shy' manager/owner, that wouldnt work at all. also losing weight would make things better on my knee as im likely to get arthritis in it (had my cartilage removed when i was young) and will hopefully relieve my symptoms of pcos (cysts on my ovaries) at least a little bit

im very much an emotional and bored eater - happy, sad, whatever, i just eat, if im bored i eat, if im busy im ok until i stop being busy then i make up for lost time and eat eat eattttt lol

ive never really tried diets with any kind of real commitment, i tend to like the idea of a diet and thats as far as i get, i dont get round to actually 'doing' the diet, probably explains why im so big now

that said, i did try JUDDD (a vlcd on alternate days) a while ago and got down to 15st 8lbs (the lightest ive been in a long time) but fell off the wagon in a major way and that was the end of that

ive recently pulled a muscle behind my breast bone so have had the perfect excuse not to exercise, but in all seriousness it scared me a bit, my chest felt really tight, its how i'd imagine the start of a heart attack feels, and its not something i want to feel again so need to lose weight to avoid having a real heart attack at some point in my life!

im a very strong willed person in most aspects of my life (food isnt one of those areas obviously lol) so need to re-focus my stubborn streak on food and exercise and start moving my fat bum so it can eventually shrink!

ideally i want to be 9 stone, which has always been some kind of 'magic' weight or something that ive always wanted to get down to but never actually have

...yet! :D

just having a god read there , interesting stuff ....
how does everyone feel about their diet at the moment , we have EE and a few pros lol , is anyone on a different plan ? for me i found vlcd hard this time more breaks than 100% , sarah how are you doing ?
Little Bubblez welcome to 5 stone going fast lol
i'll update , and add you now
its a sunny and then dull , more sun please .
be back later , in the mean time come tell us how your doing :)

Hey, how r we all doin?? I was an angel all week then yest went to a BBQ, didn't eat anything too bad but drank lotssss of wine! Bad girl! Weigh in tmra n I ain't relishing it. How's everyone else doin?? X

Hello all,hope your being good girlies :))-5lbs for me this week.My starting weight for this challenge is 18st 3lbs.This should get me to where i want to be,fingers crossed.

Well done slimmermcs, 5lb is great!! Renate welcome, u n I are about same weight so we can do it together! Lol, weigh in tmra n I am hoping for good news x

Good morning ... sorry i have not been about .... have to deal with a few things at the school with DD at the moe .... but you have my full attension now .
first of all how did we all do at weigh in ?
Slimmermcs , wonderful 5 off this week thats great .
All paying off .
curvycat , Wine on an empty tummy , was you a little drunk hehe , you will still get a result if you've been good all week , my step dad he would diet and take saturday as his treat day and still was getting a result . how did you get on this week ?
Beautifulmess ... hi Renate . i think you have found MR Right there you seem so happy , its nice that you never have to think is he playing away and just have no worries .With your Job hows it going with looking is there much about ? with the rats sam on here knows all about rats hehe.
Nice to read about people and as we go we will get to know people more .
For me its 1 pound off , gee , i need to get walking more , bum off chair , only getting say 1 hour a day , think i need to push it some more .
Hows everyone else .... come out where ever you are and step on the scales .... :)
right i have till 6th Aug to get my butt into gear , must drop down a size i have too .
Well the 6 weeks is almost here for school holiday
I will be on later to take everyones weights down, so just let me know and i'll put them in , good luck and keep postive !

yep i know all about them, trust me lol and its all from personal experience not just 'something i read somewhere so it must be true' :D

16 st 7 lbs so a 2lb loss yippee!

hows everyone doing? x

im at 20st 10.5 now

the person doing my weigh in wrote it down wrong, so i was actually 20st 12.5 last week....

but a loss of 2lb and my weight is accurate, lol, yaaaay

Hiya girls, well done on all those 2lbs!!! My weigh in is tonight n I think I've done really well this week, last week was totm so I think I was lil heavier, fingers crossed n I will post after class xx

Well done for all those losses!

Mine is 1.5lbs off so I'm down to 10st 6.5 now.

Just been for a swim, they say exercise is great coz it makes you all energised and stuff...so why is it that I'm exhausted. I feel like i could just crawl into bed and sleep now!

So pleased everyone seems to be doing well and keeping motivated. I feel so good at the moment, really motivated to get to goal and feeling positive! x x

slimmer i will have to get your start weight i know you gave it to me , but will sort this out for you tomorrow now .
Wow you've all done so well and alott of you giving me your weights today is great it shows me your committed and not just interested ....
give youselfs a treat , say lovely Lush bubble bath , get your OH to pamper you :)
Roll on for next week when we update again . and Sam your shred is going so well ....
Has anyone felt they have struggled this week ?

Well done all on your losses, I STS!

ah I'm not in the best place for giving time to sorting food out and stuff at the moment, lots of stress from my ex but a possible house sale so fingers crossed!!!
I will HAVE to get my ass into gear now cos it's just 3.5 months to my holiday!!! Argh!!!!

Hi claire H ok sts well with stress as i know to well these days it makes you shut everything out until things even out .... happier days coming for you . a sale will be good in todays housing market .
Thanks for your update and this will happen for you as you came here tonight means your still wanting this !

Hi everyone,
I see we are doing ok so no need to ask..2 thumbs up babes!!!..I weighed in at 16'3.5..so that's another 3lb down ..yippeee...that's was last Thursday..I weigh on Thursdays but I'll update here on Mondays as agreed..have a beautiful night's rest and a sunshine filled day tomorrow...xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Team , right I don't have weights from Sarah, c1961,nexusdieter, size16willdo, lessofme , I hope your all dieting like crazy ready to slim down as its much easier in the summer than winter .
And if yoyr on vlcd nows the time due to being cold all the time .
I have been looking at utube zumba , but its no good looking at it is it now , its moving with it lol . ho wonder where i was going wrong lol .
I have just had an hour walk , ready tto go again soon .
As OH said you need to move more , ok ok i am haha .
Sam is doing well with her workout plan , are you feeling it , are you loving it ?
Anyone eles shaking their booty to the upbeat tunes .....
so when would we all like to be there by , now don't say now ok lol ...

hiya

I'm back and raring to go.

I was 18 stone 5 yesterday morning so even though not started properly dropped 1.5 pounds.

Full on now just don't know what I am doing!!!!

Speak soon and I will try and read back through and get to know you all x x

Back