50 is a new beginning ☺

Fri 29/1/16

Not such a good day today. I got tempted by a donut this morning and then wanted curry for tea tonight followed by some mini Creme eggs. I'm not going to stress though. Tomorrow is a new day to be good

B: mullerlight Greek style (0.5), banana, strawberries, apple
L: jacket potato, cheese (HEA), tuna mayonnaise (3), mullerlight Greek style (0.5), banana, pear
D: SW chicken curry (4) and rice
S: skimmed milk (4), jam donut (11.5), SW bar (3), 4 mini Cadbury Creme eggs (10), iced gems (10)

Syns 46.5

Last edited:
Sat 30/1/16

B: grapes, banana, wholemeal roll (HEB), bacon, egg, cheese slice (2)

L: SW meatballs in pasta and 1tbsp parmesan (2)

D: 2 mullerlight Greek style yogurts (1), banana

S: 350ml skimmed milk (HEA), chocolate biscuits and a twix (29)

Syns 35

Not a good day. I'm trying to write an assignment that should have been finished a week ago and I still don't have a clue what I'm writing about. Although it's just and excuse really to over endulge. So let draw a line and move on. I won't use the last two days as an excuse to sabotage myself. I might have to do a couple of sp days to make up for being a bit greedy.

Sun 31/1/16

B: grapes, banana

L: SW beef burger, 1/2 wholemeal roll, benefit light bar (HEB), egg, mushrooms and salad

D: iced gems (15), 2 Creme eggs (20), banana

S: skimmed milk and light cheese slice (HEA)

Syns 35

Although I haven't eaten much, over the last few days my choices have been poor. It's because I am stressing over my OU assignment, which is late. I will have to make better choices the rest of the week, no chocolate and more sp foods.

Mon 1/2/16

B: veg smoothie, banana, grapes, 2 mullerlight Greek style (1)

L: Apple, pear, strawberries, tuna mayonnaise roll and salad (HEB) (6), jacket potato

D: roast beef, potatoes, veg and gravy (2)

S: 350 skimmed milk (HEA)

Syns 9

I've made better choices today, not great but definitely better.

Last edited:
Tue 2/2/16

B: green veg smoothie, porridge (HEB), banana, grapes

L: Apple, banana, pear, plums, subway double tuna mayonnaise salad (6.5), mullerlight Greek yogurt (0.5)

D: beans on toast and brown sauce (8), small bar chocolate (11)

S: 350 skimmed milk (HEA)

Syns 26

This last week I haven't eaten really well. Smaller amount and skipped meals have led to an over abundance of syns. I am going to try harder this following week.

A 3lb loss this week making a total of 7lbs or half a stone, my first mini goal. Now onto the next goal of losing 10lb. :)

Wed 3/2/16

B: green veg smoothie

L: subway double tuna salad (6), pear, plums, apple

D: chicken wrapped in bacon, chips, salad and 30g cheese (HEA)

S: skimmed milk (4), butterscotch sweets (2)

Syns 12

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
A 3lb loss this week making a total of 7lbs or half a stone, my first mini goal. Now onto the next goal of losing 10lb. :)
Fab weight loss, you have been brave taking on a degree and a Weight loss programme along with working too, I'm 53 and just the thought of that makes me scared.

Fab weight loss, you have been brave taking on a degree and a Weight loss programme along with working too, I'm 53 and just the thought of that makes me scared.
The degree is liberating. I thoroughly enjoy it, apart from when I'm rushing to complete an assignment. In some ways it helps with the diet, as I'm too busy to to pick at food and because my mind is occupied I'm not thinking about it all the time.

At first I thought I was mad doing a degree, particularly in law, but the skills I have learnt over time are giving me a head start on those that are considerably younger. My confidence is growing and that feeling of self fulfilment is also making me look at myself in a different light. I have much more of a 'can do' attitude.

Councillor ?? Can't do it if I can't spell it lol, been thru CBT myself so would love to help others x
At first I thought I'm too old, I should have done it earlier and what would be the point, as it's not like I am going to be a lawyer. Then one day I was talking to a couple who were about 60 and they had complete a degree together and it was so inspiring.

I would recommend that you bite the bullet and go for it, you never know what you can achieve

Totally inspiring Kat , I will look into it, I am home educating my teenager at the mo, and she must take priority. I feel a bit overwhelmed at times, but hopefully this weight loss will give me more energy x

Councillor ?? Can't do it if I can't spell it lol, been thru CBT myself so would love to help others x
Home schooling is no easy task, I worked in the Education dept of our local LA before, so I know that takes a lot out of you. On the positive side your subject knowledge will increase a long the way and stand you in good stead for anything you plan to do in the future. Teaching is no easy task, I taught IT for a while but decided it wasn't for me. Good luck with the tutoring and your weight loss journey.

Thanks Kat, it is hard, but I feel it's the best for her arm, she is 13 and we have homered for almost a year, high school just wasn't suiting her at all. I had to give up work so we all had a mahooosive change in lifestyle.
I wouldn't swap it for anything, she is thriving x

That's good, you have to do what's best for your child and sometimes the conventional method of school doesn't suit every child. I had a terrible time at secondary school and left with just two O'Levels, maths and needlework. I went back to college in my 30s and got a diploma in Education and IT skills. Most of stuff I have learnt has been self taught though, and if you can do a degree distance learning, you can do GSCEs and A'Levels. Best of luck. :)

Well done on your weight loss so far Kat!
As for the course you are doing that's absolutely brill!

I started a Law course with the OU when I was in my 60s but unfortunately due to having a bad back problem and being in a lot of pain I just about completed the first year.
I also did English and Maths GCSE and Bookkeeping and Accounts 'O' Levels when I was 50 mainly because being out of work at the time I was constantly being asked how many GCSE's or O Levels I had which of course they didn't do in my day so I thought that would put an end to having to say that at interviews.

As for the weight problem Kat, it's great that you are tackling it now as the older you get the harder it is to lose it.. believe me I know only too well!

Keep up the good work.. and remember..

Onwards and Downwards!

Well done on your weight loss so far Kat!
As for the course you are doing that's absolutely brill!

I started a Law course with the OU when I was in my 60s but unfortunately due to having a bad back problem and being in a lot of pain I just about completed the first year.
I also did English and Maths GCSE and Bookkeeping and Accounts 'O' Levels when I was 50 mainly because being out of work at the time I was constantly being asked how many GCSE's or O Levels I had which of course they didn't do in my day so I thought that would put an end to having to say that at interviews.

As for the weight problem Kat, it's great that you are tackling it now as the older you get the harder it is to lose it.. believe me I know only too well!

Keep up the good work.. and remember..

Onwards and Downwards!
Thank you, that's so supportive and encouraging. I have to lose the weight now as the impact on my knees and hip is horrendous and painful. It's a constant reminder why I'm doing this.

At 39 I quit smoking 40 a day as I felt ill all the time; however, the benefits of that were instantaneous. The benefits in losing weight are slow to notice as it takes time; however, I hope I persevere. I am just going to take it one day at a time and hopefully by the summer I will start to notice the benefits.

Up until last year I always went away for at least one week of walking challenges. In one week I climbed Snowden twice and Scafell Pike once, now I find it difficult to walk half a mile. My aim this summer is to stroll up Snowdon again :)

Back