50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

So I can hold my head high instead of always being told to keep your chin up...... I'll be holding my head high and looking everyone straight in the eye because I will be a stunner.....:)

I know this thread has been going for sometime but it has made me laugh made me cry, but above all it has made me so much more determined to shift this weight!
Just a few more to add to the list....

to be able to wear a bra with a cup size smaller than my 3yr old head.
to wear clothes with a zip and button and not elasticated.
to not just have sex lying down.
to not panic when I am tagged into a photo on facebook worrying what I will look like in it.
to be able to have haggen das ice cream, packet of biscuits etc with out eating it all!
not to have sleepless nights when work decide to change the uniform.
Not to let my little girl end up like me because of my unhealthy relationship with food that she could follow.
Above all, be here to see my children grow up.

1. To be able to play 'running'with my son
2. For my knees and back not to hurt
3. To not feel like the 'fat one' when I go out with the girls
4. To look in the mirror and see the person I want to be

Hi all, thought I'd mention a couple of things too.

I want to be able to fit in all those new clothes that I have from before having the kids and I was slim.

To be able to wear costumes in the bedroom and not have to turn the lights out.

Being 5t 9inchs, I want to stop feeling like an ogre that looms over everyone.

I want to enjoy my height rather than despise it due to always being noticed and hating it because of my weight.

I totally agree with chaffing thighs, not having to go to Evans everytime for boots and shoes. I also very, very, very much agree with wanting my partner to be able to pick me up and not weigh more than him!!

Great thread, just the motivation I need as I'm in my first week on SS. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation that you have all provided me, without even knowing.

Last edited:
Oh, to be able to sit on someone's lap again!

-To be able to feel more confident.
-To believe in myself.
-To be able to not have a barrier which gets in the way of friendships.
-To take a lot of pictures!
-To wear the clothes I want.
-To stop moaning my mum.

hi, just wanted to say how much i loved this thread, can i add-
lie in the bath and not cut off water movement
to be lighter than my OH
be able to pick up my dog and say - ive lost you in weight (thats another 10kg by the way!
x

I LURVE THIS THREAD!

I agree with all of whats been said but to add my personal reasons:

To lower my BP before it gets to the medication stage.
This in turn will slow down my Kidney damage
To be able to play with my grandkids without getting puffed out.
To cut my carbon footprint by sharing a bath with OH.
To feel light on my feet and be able to do the tap dancing steps i used to be able to do (currently cant lift my feet from the floor).
To walk and realise my thighs are'nt rubbing together.
To be able to buy 'normal' size bras and slinky lingerie instead of scaffolding and control undies.
To be able to zip my boots up all the way to the top.
To look good in my clothes and have them skim my body instead of hugging it.
TO LOVE WHAT I SEE IN THE MIRROR AND KNOW THAT I EARNED IT THROUGH SHEER HARD WORK AND COMMITMENT.

To be small enough that I can wear the school uniform on free dress days.

This is a great thread - really inspirational reading all your posts. I can relate to most of them and it helps to know other people feel like this too.... and that we're all here to do the same thing. Thanks guys!

To be carried over the threshold finally by my husband. We've been married 13 years now and I have never been carried over the threshold xx

To be carried over the threshold finally by my husband. We've been married 13 years now and I have never been carried over the threshold xx
thats so sweet - ican relate to that i was 7 months pregnant when we got married and in the last 12 years he has never tried since!!:confused:

Hi Everybody
I want to loose weight FOR ME ITS THE FIRST THING I REALLY WANT,
TO GET OFF ALL THE TABLETS I`M ON (WELL I LIVE IN HOPE ) , TO LEARN TO SWIM , GO HORSE RIDING WITH MY GRANDDAUGHTER (SHE KEEPS SAYING TO ME NANA WHEN YOU GET YOUR OP YOU AND ME ARE GOING HORSE RIDING GOD LUV HER ) TO BE IN BETTER HEALTH AT THE MOMENT I`M AN OLD CROCK HA HA , TO BE ABLE TO GO INTO A SO CALLED NORMAL SHOPS TO BUY NICE CLOTHES , AND TO BIN THE THINGS I WEAR AT THE MOMENT , TO BE MORE OUT GOING AND TO GET OUT AND GET A LIFE BEFORE ITS TO LATE .GOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE . AND I HOPE YOUR HOPES AND DREAMS COME TRUE .
MARGARET XX

I want to be able to run a Marathon.

Back