50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

really good! when i want to distract my boredom or hunger i shall come here!

to walk into a room with confidence and feel that u r just as pretty as other girls in the room
to go out clubbing and look in the mirror and say ' you look fab tonight' instead of avoiding the mirror
to walk outside proudly instead of feeling like an invisible person
to go on a date and feel beautiful and actually feel that he is lucky to be out with me .. instead of.. howcome he is out with me..
to enjoy going clothes shopping with friends
to sit comfortable in a train when there is sumone next to me and not be embaressed

1- to feel sexy again
2- beable to cross your legs again
3 - walking into sum were thats sells food n peop not stare
4- for my man to put his arms fully round me
5- not to be pulling the size off the hanger b4 goin to the till incase any 1 sees it
6 - being able to lay on a beach with out getting the beach whale comment

For my little boy! He's not at the crawling stage yet but I want to be able to have enough energy when he's running around and not to think "Oh, my knees" every time I pick him up! & I want to be a good role model for him, all my life my mum has been overweight and constantly trying to diet- I don't want him to think the same of me in 25 years time. Also when /if I have another baby I want to look pregnant and not just fat!

To go out of an evening, dressed up and feel good when looking in the mirror!!!

For my husband to be proud to have me on his arm!!! (not that his not) but I think most guys would prefer a slim girl on there arm than a FAT one!!!

To walk in a room and feel confident about how I look...

To not be described as short and fat!!! not that anyones told me thats how they describe me but I am sure they would!!!!

Here's my few reasons;

For once in my young life to feel feminine & delicate and to weigh less than my boyfriend- not a giant 5ft8 blob.

For shopping not to be a living nightmare and to be able to wear the fashionable clothes I've always wanted to and not just put up with the stuff that fits me.

To be body confident enough to buy sexy lingerie and parade it infront of my boyf because I know he'd love that and to be more ahem, adventurous because I know my embarrasment about my size is holding me back.

To stop worrying about what people think about me and just enjoy and get on with my life. To not waste anymore of my life being overweight and unhappy.

Not to have to hide from the ex (love of my life) when I see him as I can't bear the thought of him comparing me to how I use to look x

This is such a great thread, I've ben sat here laughing and 'welling up' reading through it, I so nearly just gave up yesterday, so glad I didn't...

Here's a few of mine so far:

1. When my son is old enough to go to school not to embarass him by being the 'fat mum' at the school gates.
2. Not to be the fatest person at work.
3. Not to hate clothes shopping because its such a task finding something that fits nicely.
4. Not to feel embarassed when my husband introduces me to someone because they'll secretly be thinking 'woah, his wife is really fat, what's he doing with her'
5. Not to always be thinking that my husbands family and friends will be comparing me to his ex-girfiend (who is a model - stunning) and think why did he marry her, she's huge?!?!
6. Not to be called a 'big girl'
7. To take my son swimming
8. To ride a horse again
9. Not to look behind me and see my massive butt
10. To take pictures with my friends and family and not rush to load the pictures onto the computer so I can delete and edit the ones I don't like of me.
11. Not to have to wear a cardigan or sleeves all the time

:eek: :D

- To be able to look at myself and think I look nice.
- To be able to shop ubercheap clothing when it's 50% off the sale prices. (There's only small sizes left.)
- Not having to go to the plus size department when shopping.
- Being able to jog. (I've always wanted to do that but my weight doesn't really allow it)
- Walking outside without people looking at me thinking "Omg it's Godzilla."
- Not feeling sorry for the person sitting next to me on the bus. :p

And oh yeah.
- Being able to be in front of the camera and letting someone else take the pictures for once.

This is about the 4th time I have read this thread and each time it makes me laugh and cry.

My main reason is to be able to have my photo taken in my oh arms on our wedding day on the 1st August.

Love to everyone xxx

Some of you have JUST summed up my life pretty much. Especially:

- Go on an airplane and not have to worry if the seatbelt fits. (I dont visit my parents abroad more than once a eyar coz this exact subject makes me lose sleep.)
- Be able to go on all the rides at a theme park (I purposely did not take my girlfriend to a theme park because I didnt want her to have to queue up alone)
- Sit on a bus and have room for someone next to you (I ALWAYS stand up on a crowded bus because I dont want to be sitting there and people looking at me knowing 2 normal people could have sat there.)

My few reasons to lose weight that will make my life much better!

1. definately the plane/seatbelt thing, we holiday a good 2/3 times a year and i always get myself in a flap heading to airport, telling myself if it dsnt fit i'm going home blah blah. I actually had to ask for my 1st extender in dec when went to dublin and was so embarrased but i'll tell you i was so comfy as it had plenty of room, rather than forcing the actual seatbelt shut.

2. to be able to enjoy shopping again and not be spending a fortune on 1 item, i could buy a full outfit for the cost of some items in "fat" shops! (you all know what i mean!)

3. to be confident and not need to cover arms with a cardi

4. to lie on sunlounger on holiday without thinking the lounger's going to cave in

5. to walk about on holiday without having to put shorts/trousers on

6. to take lighter luggage on holiday!!

And every other one thats already been mentioned by others!.x

To walk with your head held high past a load of workmen and get a wolf whistle instead of rushing past head down completely paranoid!! :flirt2:

For me i would just love to sit in a public toilet and not have my thighs and bum hit the sanitary towel dispenser!!!!!
sorry if that has already been said............but that is mine LOL

- To be able to wear sleeveless tops
- To be able to go into a shop and not have to be exhiled to the broom cupboard at the back where the big sizes are :sigh:
- Not having to buy wider fitting shoes
- To eat in public without worrying that people are sniggering behind my back about what I order
- (see above) not to want sit near a wall or in a corner so people don't see me eating
- To be able to wear heels and not have my feet and ankles hurting after 5 minutes
- To not look like an ogre next to my size 8 friend

- To be able to go to a theme park and fit in the rides
- To not have to wear my 'hold me in' knickers
- To go shopping and know I can buy something from more than 2 shops
- To prove to all those people who have made comments or make them behind my back that actually I can be a little hotty and make them eat their words
- To loose weight before I have children
- To make my husband proud

Erm, I can't think of anything else now, lol, I love reading all yours, all so true x

....So that I dont cause a dam with my bum in the bath! haha...thats enough reason for me! ;)

Haha, this really made me giggle, thats so true, or when you lean back the water pours out from behind you! You end up with a mini flood....... I really hope that doesn't just happen to me..... :ashamed0005:

xx

Ok, brace yourselves... I was bored. :D

It is times like this when I sit and think,
About the pain and sorrow that makes your heart sink.
I remember hurtful comments said on the fly,
From family and friends, even passers -by.

There are so many parts of my life I hate,
Most of them sadly feel connected to weight.
I have had it so long I fear nobody can see,
The person within, the being that is me.

What I will say is that nobody knows
The sexy woman inside that never shows.
Funny, flirtatious, and fabulous.. that’s me,
Yet it is hidden behind this curtain you see.

Derogatory remarks, I even make those
As a defence mechanism, and it shows.
The eternal photographer, never in shot,
My children will think one parent they’ve got.
A wardrobe with clothes that are drab and dull,
Eyes in a reflection that always seem full.

But it all ends now... no more I can take,
My life can be changed into whatever I make.
In the corner of the room I will no longer sit,
But flourish, and accept the attention that comes with it.

I shall do whatever it takes to again feel alive,
... and the first thing ?
A photo of this family of FIVE!!!!!

Back