50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

I love this poem, it's so true, something I can connect to, altho I don't have kiddies yet... I love this bit:

"But it all ends now... no more I can take,
My life can be changed into whatever I make.
In the corner of the room I will no longer sit,
But flourish, and accept the attention that comes with it"

Well done Tinka! Anymore........ ?

x

To be able to take short cuts through car parks without hitting people side mirrors.

Haha, this really made me giggle, thats so true, or when you lean back the water pours out from behind you! You end up with a mini flood....... I really hope that doesn't just happen to me..... :ashamed0005:

xx

HAHAHAHHAHA i just glad you said it first, so yes it has happened to me i would love to pull the plug and have ALL the water go away and not wait till i stand up for the rest to go :eek:
xxxxx

To be able to wear my beautiful engagement and wedding ring again, not the replacement curtain ring band I currently wear

This is such a great thread, I've ben sat here laughing and 'welling up' reading through it, I so nearly just gave up yesterday, so glad I didn't...

Here's a few of mine so far:

1. When my son is old enough to go to school not to embarass him by being the 'fat mum' at the school gates.
2. Not to be the fatest person at work.
3. Not to hate clothes shopping because its such a task finding something that fits nicely.
4. Not to feel embarassed when my husband introduces me to someone because they'll secretly be thinking 'woah, his wife is really fat, what's he doing with her'
5. Not to always be thinking that my husbands family and friends will be comparing me to his ex-girfiend (who is a model - stunning) and think why did he marry her, she's huge?!?!
6. Not to be called a 'big girl'
7. To take my son swimming
8. To ride a horse again
9. Not to look behind me and see my massive butt
10. To take pictures with my friends and family and not rush to load the pictures onto the computer so I can delete and edit the ones I don't like of me.
11. Not to have to wear a cardigan or sleeves all the time

:eek: :D

Ya know, i could just cut & paste most of this list and post it as my own...oh wait...i kinda just did. ;) thanks neptune. :eek:

i've only jsut discovered this particular thread. not sure how long it's been here but today is probably the best day to read through it...for me anyways. i think i've hit the lowest point today, than i have in a very long time. i'm just going to keep browsing this thread. i'm hoping it will do me some good.

:sigh: 2 stone to go...it feels soo impossible...so out of reach. must get myself in check!!!

What a GREAT post!!
I was laughing at some of the things as I thought I was the only one who thought of some of them!! Like eating in public with people thinking "No wonder you're fat"
I'm getting married in March next year and I have started this diet two weeks ago for this reason as well as 100 others but these are a few of my reasons!!...

To take my lovely Daughter swimming instead of saying "mummys got a tummy ache"
To meet up with old friends instead of making excuses as to why I can't go even when I know I can..... it's just I don't want people saying "god she's let herself go"
To have a family photo taken while my daughter is still young.
To not have to hate the summer because I can't find any clothes that look good on me.
Again great post, Keep up the good work!!
Kelly x x

I have just sat here crying reading those - its hard to accept, but great inspiration. I pretty much agree with all of them!
Will definately return to this thread in desperate times!!!

this is a great thread it has made me feel much more positive reading them :)

1.when with thin friends not to feel the fatty of the group.

2.to be able to look at yourself on the mirror and smile.

fantastic thread

so positive
like to add (sorry if its already here) not to need a seat belt extender on a plane
or see people think dont sit next to me on the tube

to have a BMI low enough that the midwives will approve of my request for a homebirth

to not leave a crater size dent in my memory foam mattress

To lose enough weight and get my BMI under 30 so I will be accepted for IVF..

to not look ack at my wedding photos (get wed in Sept) and be embarassed by my size

To feel how my OH sees me

To be in the best health to have a family

-To not be the fattest member of staff on the school prom photograph this year - fingers crossed - i have a week to go
- to not feel like the fattest person laid around the pool on my holiday this summer in the maldives
- to be able to buy sexy underwear again
- to not chaff
- to not get out of breath walking up the stairs
- to not look like fatty and skinny when my husband and i are together
- to not have my old doctor make sarcastic comments like 'i think you are getting enough neutrients' - that really hurt - thanks doc!
- to have a whole new wardrobe - my old one!!
- to not dread seeing old friends in the shop, park, pub in case they say something about my weight
- look forward to seeing old friends
- having a wider (cheaper) choice of clothes
- to not getting any more stretch marks!!

There are loads, i could go on forever, but i do feel better.

to not have a double chin for the fist time since i was 11.

"making a dam with my bum" in the bath.

To wear a pair of jeans for the first time in years, and have a gap inbetween the top of my thighs./to wear short denim shorts/to wear a skirt and for my thighs to not tough and rub.

for my elbows to be defined.

To be able to make out where my hip bones are.

to be able to wear my size shoes, without having to wear them in for weeks first.

To get rid of any past hurt about my weight that others have caused me throughout my life.

To be the person i know i was always meant to be.

To be able to run..and run and run.

To love myself how i deserve to be loved.

To conquer my comfort eating to do with my dads death.

But most of all, to change my mentality towards food. And once i've reached goal, to start eating like the slim person i will be. NOT the 15+ stone girl i used to be.
:D

we will do it everyone! xxx

To have the confidence to get naughty anyplace, anytime without having to lay a certain way to look better or hide under a duvet and best of all...

To have the light...ON! :giggle:

I like this one best ! great thread!

To lose enough weight and get my BMI under 30 so I will be accepted for IVF..

Snap!

- To get my BMI under 30 so I will be accepted for IVF
- To not be the fattest friend in my group
- To weigh less than my husband for the first time EVER
- To not get on a plane and wonder if the seat belt will do up (it always has, but it's TIGHT)
- To go to a funfair/theme park and get on ride (instead of refusing in case the bar won't go over me)
- For my thighs not to rub together when I wear a skirt
- To shop in a normal "shop"
- To reject clothes because I don't like them not because they don't fit!
- To wear a slinky dress to a black tie dinner

Back