50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

To run in the mums race at sons sports day.
At parent evenings to be able to fit both bum cheeks on the chair.
When watching the christmas pantomime, to be able to fit in the seat and to stand up without having to wiggle...lol
To buy a bike and go out with my boys.
To want to go out for days out instead of being dragged along under duress.
To be at a decent weight to have my hernia operation and for it not to return again.

Lovin' all the new ideas! Especially the parachutes for mice, and the wiggling out of seats!

At least we can say we have a good sense of humour about things!

And when we do hit goal weight, keep a list around, just to remind ourselves of what we could get back into if we got back to eating the way we did!

Sound like a plan to me anyway! lol

xxxxx

For me its just the air of confidence it gives me,
To feel that Im worth talking to.

Im starting CD on Tuesday and boy am I ready, summer here I come
Lyric

Excellent list, can I add going for a meal where you have to go and fill your plate and then return to table without thinking everyone is saying no wonder shes that size look at whats on her plate!!!

Here, here!

Mine are:

1. To hear a wolf whistle and know that it could be for me

2. To meet up with old friends and not have to 'explain' my weight gain.

3. To receive an invitation to a night out/wedding/party etc and actually go!

4. To not feel like an embarrassment to my hubby on his works nights out.

5. To be able to shop in 'trendy' shops like New Look, Top Shop, Oasis, Warehoue, River Island.

6. To go into a clothes shop and not have to go straight to the back of the rail to see how big the sizes go.

7. To go out in the Summer without wearing my coat (my safety blanket) and to be cool and breezy, not hot and sweaty.

8. To go to 5th Ave in New York and to be served like everybody else, not ignored because of how I look. (this one could have been down to my clothes or hairstyle, but I still put it down to my weight :mad: because if I had been slim I'd have worn nicer clothes)

9. To climb a flight of stairs and actually be able to hold a conversation with someone, instead of gasping for breath.

10. Last one! To feel worthy. I have been mulling this one over, trying to think of a good way to explain it. All I will say is, anyone who has ever felt complete self-hatred for how they look weight wise will know what I mean.

This is a great thread, and has proved really inspirational. Thanks mypartyiz!

Helen

Dear Frumpster,

Today is Easter Sunday. This is how God told us: "Because you are worth it!"

Relax and remember that. He is not wrong.

texasmorning

ps you are going to have to change your name (Frumpster) soon, because it doesn't suit you. How about "Gorgeous"?! And wear it with pride! :)

Thanks Texasmorning

Oooh, you made me cry :D I'm a tad emotional today anyway. It's the first time I have seen my weight drop in years and it amazes me that it's happening.

Thank you for your lovely message.

Helen.x.

hello ladies (and any lurking gentlemen)...anyone have more to add to the list of incentives????

Love this thread!

My contribution- for someone to say 'you look well' & to actually mean I look well, not that I put on weight.

In fact, to actually look well would be nice!

My contributions to this thread would be:

To not have people say to me, what pretty eyes you have, as they are stuck for any other compliment.:(

For people not to judge me as greedy or lazy just because of how i look.:sigh:

To be a dedicated follower of fashion! or at least to wear clothes because I want to and not because it's the only thing that fits!:cool:

To be treated as an equal by my peers and not as someone who shouldn't be speaking.:eek:

To be totally at ease with myself for the first time in 25yrs!!! :cry:

To stop thinking so much about how I look, to just be 'normal', whatever that is.
Also to be able to move the drivers seat in the car furtehr forward without my tummy coming into contact with the steering wheel.
To feel fitter and more flexible.
To not worry about needing an ambulance and being too heavy to lift. (how paranoid is that?)
Oh and feeling really nutty, when the time comes, in about 100 years, not to need an outsize coffin.

Love this thread,

To not wake up in the morning and hate myself for letting myself pileback on the weight lost on Lipotrim:tear_drop:

To feel that I can achieve a goal -- and finish something thats started!

To not feel like the biggest one in the group -- who needs the sturdy chair and singled out by having it handed to them!

What a great post! Just what I needed was on the verge of giving up as for some reason day 6 is hard again!

To add a couple;

- To not be the fat friend and be able to share clothes with my thin friends.
- To look great in my wedding dress next year.

What a great post! Just what I needed was on the verge of giving up as for some reason day 6 is hard again!

To add a couple;

- To not be the fat friend and be able to share clothes with my thin friends.
- To look great in my wedding dress next year.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good ones PBF!! day 6 woohoooo good for you...I am on a revamped day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have you checked out the fallen angelsthread where we get stars for completed dayz??? (I mean they r self appointed but everyone loves stars and shinys)!!

great thread,i would add..to sit on a patio chair, without worrying if u'll break it, to fit through turnstyles in public places, and to not have to worry about trying on clothes in communal changing room's.

To be able to JUMP into the pool and not cause a tidal wave :D
To walk past groups of teenage boys and not hold your breath in case they are going to say something abusive
To be able to eat on the train or in the street and not imagine people thinking "no wonder she's so fat"
To be able to get low cost life insurance!
To be able to look in a mirror and not hate what I see..

And all the others already added!
Great thread

Being able to try clothes on and return them to the rail because I didn't like them NOT because they don't fit!

wow ladies, this is great, just printed it off and will read at home, and am not sure if this is one of the points but hey---TO MAKE LOVE WITH FULL LIGHTS ON AND WITH ALL PRIDE IN FULL GEAR, STRIDING IN LINGARIE WEAR IN THE BEDROOM WITH NO REGRETS!!, any one feel the same as me??? my my, the sight of my bottom and belly right now puts me right off myself, leave alone my hubby, pew!

Totally agree. A brilliant thread!

• To be able to wear skirts in the height of summer without chafing my thighs!
The dammned thigh chafing, the bane of my life!

Back