50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

this is such a nice thread , and when i sit crying in a shop changing room i know that even though it feels like i'm the only one,I know i aren't! well that was three years ago and have avoided shops since then but hopefull this will change, only in my first week but things must change. i will add these:

1:to not try clothes on in 3 sizes to small and get stuck, because now they actually fit you , not just in ur head!

2:to stand at the front of the playground and feel normal (and not hide at the back hopeing ur child comes out last other wise you will have to walk in front of every one and you can feel them sniggering and staring at ur fat ass)

3,to be able to dress for my age and not wear frumpy sacks.

4,to be able to have a family picture taken and i look good and not take up the most room !

to go to Vegas on our 10th wedding anniversary, have our vows renewed and enjoy the pictures (I don't really like the original ones) as I look slim and hot!

Amen, Samantha. Actually, just to have a man touch me without recoiling in horror because I don't want ANYONE to feel my fat!! HORRID!! Andy x (o:

Love all of these... make me want to keep going :) x

I can say that I relate to almost all the things previously stated on this thread (not the children ones as I have none). It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who suffers from these things.

I want to say the main reason is to be healthy, but I am afraid that I am more shallow than that! lol! It's all about the clothes and shoes! Of course, being healthy is part of it, but I am more motivated by other things.

I would also love to never break another toilet seat. The last one was in January when I snapped the seat in a cinema. There was nobody else in the toilet at the time, so I just legged it. I told my husband, and he was just concerned that I had hurt myself. How Sweet!

Also, no more seat belt extensions on the plane! And as an add on to that, I would also love to be able to fasten the seatbelt in our car without doing this funky manouvre where I kinda hang out of the door and try and get the belt under my belly to fasten it. When I do finally get it done up, I can't move! If I drop something, it has to stay there until the car stops and I can get out of the seat belt.

x

to be able to follow my husband to any gathering and not worry about pple or what to wear..:D

to get ready quickly rather than try everything in my wardrobe even though i know how they look............and i do it every morning .........God save me for i am tired of my fat ways.

Love this post, has anybody achieved any of the above. My bath bum dam is no longer i at least have half an inch either side now lol!

Last edited:
Really enjoyed reading the previous lists. Very inspirational and encouraging! :)

From this bloke's point of view:

- To be able to train and spar with my mates
- To be able to fit into loads of good clothes that have shrunk over the years
- To be in control of what I eat and drink
- To be able to take up salsa again
- To look really good in shorts and vest in Summer
- To get better mpg from my bikes
- To be able to exercise my dogs properly
- To be around longer for my wonderful wife

:) Steve

This is a great thread.

I am losing weight for these reasons:

to make my gorgeous h2b prouder of me
to boost my self confidence
to be able to wear the half of my wardrobe that currently is too small
to wear a strapless wedding dress without feeling self conscious
for my own sanity, as I am totally fed up with obsessing over food, my weight, and how I am going to lose it.

LAINY dont hide your an inspiration!!!! when i read yours it was like i was reading me:)

adding on.....
1) when on a plane know that the eating tray will come all the way down w/o a problem
2) to have a better chance of conceiving our 1st child
3) to not feel like i need some kind of fat/sugar filled food to feel better that day
4) to love to look at my reflection in a store window when walking down the highstreet
5) to take the power away from the food
6) to prove to myself that i can!!!:)

To know people are looking at you because you look good and not because they can see the tyre around your waist :jelous:

Loving all of these reasons! Great post!!

Back