50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

- to be able to wear pre-pregnancy clothes or smaller
- to get my body hot & sexy for summer
- to feel gd when looking in the mirror when naked
- to have more confidence
- to not to get heart problem
- for my hubby&my little baby boy :) <3

As the why get stronger, the how get's easier.
Give yourself compelling reasons to succeed.

Imagine yourself, in your mind, 20 years from now if you did not succeed, what would your life have been like over those 20 years if you continued to be overweight> What would you look like, what would you be saying to yourself, what would others be saying, how would you feel?

Now scrub that picture and instead imagine yourself 20 years from now, having successfully reached your ideal weight and having been at your ideal weight for the last 20 years. What would you look like, what would you have done and achieved over those 20 years, what life experiences would you have enjoyed, what would you say to yourself, what would others say, how do you feel now.

Which future is more compelling - you decide to be thin - nobody else can stop you from being thin if you really want it.
slenderthinking.websitewizard

brilliant lists!! mine is simple!! hate my arms!! must chnage them!! x x x hope its going well for you all x x x

I never realised before I read this post that others have the same thoughts as me - planning paths through restaurants, scared of flimsy plastic furniture etc.
This post has made me feel so much better!!!

This topic has inspired me lots of times, I always read it when I feel like giving up, so here are my reasons:

To stop being the fat friend
To be in control of what I'm eating and have a healthy relationship with food for the first time in my life
To treat food firstly as fuel, and secondly as a pleasure
To buy a fabulous designer dress - and wear it!
To stop the looks of pity I get whenever I'm forced to physically exert myself (such as climbing stairs/steep road)
To go swimming without feeling like a beached whale
To stop my thighs from wobbling!
For my backside to be as pretty as my face haha
To get attention from guys I like and near my age, rather than old men who fancy a plump armful who looks like she can cook (and I cook rather well by the way)
To be able to run and jump and skip and hop without my chest attempting to take me out and everyone else with it
For my thighs to become estranged with each other, and never meet again!
For a lovely polka dot bikini.

Brilliant!

I love the reasons you are all giving.

When i feel like i need a boost, i sometimes (if im on the internet) have a look at some clothes websites - summer dresses etc. That spurs me on xxxxxxxx

To be confident
To be able to wear nice clothes
For my health to improve
To have a healthy relationship with food
To have decent male attention and not creeps and old men! Lol
To tell those people who bullied me in school 'LOOK AT ME NOW!' And shock them! :-D

And those are my reasons for losing weight!

Wow, these could all apply to me too. I'm definitely going to follow this thread.

The reason that has kept me going today is to be able to wear the lovely lingerie my OH bought in the size I was when we first met, not realising that a year into our relationship I had grown somewhat!

When walking up a hill with thin friends,puffing and panting and having to get them to stop and wait for me to compose myself! Yuck

Thighs chaffing :(

and wearing a comfort Cardigan in all weathers to hide my belly, I'm going to burn that thing when I get to target! :)

Knowing that when I've reached my goal I can finally be the person I always wanted to be and the fat body I used to have will no longer hold me back with anything I wanted to do.

I love this thread, tons of excellent reasons.
I'm gonna go and make my own list too I think!
x

like this thread

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but can I add ...Air travel!!!! not having to be cramped into a seat on a plane and the embarrassment of having to ask for the seatbelt extension....

Wow we all seem to have the same reasons to why we need to lose this horrible weight . Im always going to keep looking at this thread when im feeling i cant do this anymore .
My reasons are :
1. To be able to look into a mirror and be happy
2. To be able to go into a clothes shop and pick up a size 12
3. I want to get rid of my chins and only have the one
4. To be intemate with my partner with the lights on
5. To have a healthy relationship with food.
6. To feel im worth it !

hiya all,

what a fab thread.. well i've yet to start the CD (starting next week) but i would love to be able to go into any shop and buy a size 12 or look lovely in a pair of jeans instead of my normal size 16's which are digging into me. I also want to lose it for obvious health reasons, for my 2 year old to better educate her about food and food choices, my hubby but most importantly for me to feel better and more comfortable with myself xx

My job is soon going to involve doing a lot of publicity and press and I don't want to be fat on screen. I also want to be as healthy as I can after a long time of being on the verge of death before my 30th birthday. I want a relationship, I want children, I want everything life can offer me and I'm ready to grab it all with both hands.

I agree with pretty much everything in this thread. I'mmeeting a friend for coffee tomorrow and i've been worrying since Thursday as I can't fit in the seats in Costa Coffee.
There's been a programme on TV this week (a repeat I think) called Fat Families and i've been sky+ing it for extra inspiration, and so far not one of the people on it has weighed as much as me.
My main reasons are
To have a bath (Obviously I shower every day but it would be lovely to relax in a bath occasionally)
To go swimming
To wear clothes that I choose because I like them rather than ones which cover every inch of me
To look forward to family gatherings (We don't meet that often and I come from a slim family so I dread these)
Mostly for my husband and children as they don't deserve the wife/mummy they have at the moment

for people to say 'your sexy' rather than

'you have such a pretty FACE!'

to be light enough to be allowed to do a parachute jump for charity!!

thanks for the inspiration people :)

Back