50+ Reasons To Lose Weight - For Those Low Moments

GLAD that I found this thread it is just brilliant, I have created a HUGE list of about 3 pages and will stick them on my wardrobe along with my other things to keep my motivated! :D xx

I will deffinatley b joining you on that one .. That's a great idea :D I'm on day 5 have been keeping a little diary of how things r going x

Great thread

To wear shorts
for my thighs to not rub together
When accidentally seeing my reflection, smile and pose rather than cringe an look away
to be described as the slim one lol
to have confidence

There are so many reasons why it would make me happy and only one thing that can come in my way (food). I think I just have to keep saying to myself, I may be depriving myself now but food will still be there when I'm thin and I will not feel so guilty when eating it.

Fabulous thread! It's so fantastic to know I'm not alone in this! I thought i was imagining this all by self! Yay! Other people feel the same!

Committed said:
Great thread

To wear shorts
for my thighs to not rub together
When accidentally seeing my reflection, smile and pose rather than cringe an look away
to be described as the slim one lol
to have confidence

There are so many reasons why it would make me happy and only one thing that can come in my way (food). I think I just have to keep saying to myself, I may be depriving myself now but food will still be there when I'm thin and I will not feel so guilty when eating it.

Totally get the thigh thing. I hope I can lose it from my legs when I finally start the diet...which is 2 weeks away
I

To be confident enough to talk to new people, whether that's:
- speaking to the cute guy in the bar without thinking he's taking the piss
- to speak up at work and impress clients
- or travelling the world and meeting new people

Love this thread :) xxx

to not be refered to as "the chubby blonde girl" when my clients in work can't remember my name and are describing me :(

Such an inspirational thread, not sure I'd be able to say these things out loud in real life.. But here goes...

1. For myself and my husband to look right together - right now we look like little and large :(

2. For me to feel smaller in his arms - like he's looking after me - not the other way round

3. To do a skydive for my son's Scout Group! I want to do one, always have, but need to be under 15st.

4. To have more confidence at work when speaking in front of colleagues.

5. To be able to wear skirts/dresses in Summer instead of hiding my legs in jeans.

6. To be as funky or conventional as I want and be judged for that not my size.

7. For my son not to ever be aware that I have/had an unhealthy relationship with food and for him to be "normal".

8. To be able to paint my toenails with ease (I've just done it and it's really quite awkward).

9. To feel uninhibited when having sex with my husband. :embarrassed:

10. To feel just once, everyone's eyes on me when I turn up to an event - for the right reasons.

I could probably think of more but that's a v.good start. I think it's quite therapeutic getting these down on paper as it were.

Thanks
LollyPop x

So I can look someone in the eyes without looking at the floor!
So I can go clothes shopping and feel good at the end of the shopping trip!
Health..so I can see my son grow into a strapping young man!
So I can get married!
So I can start to like myself!

So many reasons! Xxx

To be happy in my own skin and not automatically think that people are staring at my chubby arms or backside

These lists are brilliant! I'm off to see my CDC for the first time today and I'm just reading through the CD forums for inspiration! Exciting stuff, I cant wait to enjoy being myself again.

Great thread!

To be able to wear a pair of jeans without a belt to keep them up (and not cos they're too big!)

To wear high heels for longer than an hour xx

I ABSOLUTELY love this thread! I've been feeling so low all day and on the verge of giving up (day 3) and reading all the points listed here has made me want to make my own list, print it off and stick it on my fridge door and on my foor cupboards, also to keep a copy in my handbag and in the car! I'm feeling so much more happier now that i'm not aloen in my body hang ups and that we all kinda have the same reasons behind wanting to loose the weight etc. x

I ABSOLUTELY love this thread! I've been feeling so low all day and on the verge of giving up (day 3) and reading all the points listed here has made me want to make my own list, print it off and stick it on my fridge door and on my foor cupboards, also to keep a copy in my handbag and in the car! I'm feeling so much more happier now that i'm not aloen in my body hang ups and that we all kinda have the same reasons behind wanting to loose the weight etc. x

That is a really good idea....I might do this tomorrow, print off the ones that give me a lump in my throat when I see them :eek:

To make my girlfriend proud of me
To be able to look at my reflection and not feel sick
To shop in DESIGNER & FASHIONABLE clothes shops
To never have to wear a plus size peice of clothing again for as long as i live
To be able to go on holiday and not have to cover up
To like myself

To see the look on the boyfriend's face when he see's me back to the size I was when we fell in love! And to regain the confidence i had before i got fat...

He used to make me feel so special with the way his eyes were when he looked at me... He still makes me feel special, but we both know its just not the same!xx

Can so relate to the above post! x

Back