50 this year want to lose weight

Fletch100

Hi

I turned 50 earlier this year and have struggled to lose weight I now feel determined and need to do this as worry about health issues.

Hi Fletch. I'm exactly the same....about to hit 50 and want to do it knowing there is good life ahead of me and not ill health for the rest of my years like all my family.
My BMI was slightly higher than yours when I started, it did go down but no I'm stuck in a rut.
Talk to everyone here and start a diary...this place is great motivation.

Hi I'm just coming to end of my first week, so fingers crossed, I have really stuck to it this week, even done 4 hours extra walking, am feeling better in myself for doing this, so hopefully results will be good and I can continue (thats the hard part for me usually last about 2/3 weeks).

Hi Fletch, welcome to the forum :)
As I always point out to ladies of your age it's the best time to get the weight shifted because the older you get the harder it will become .. at least for most of us. With the coming of years it often means a few ailments start and then the meds will hamper any weight loss and that's just for starters!
So well done on getting things in motion and long may it continue .. SW is one of the best diets as has been widely noted and I will be popping in to see how you are going .. All the very best to you!

Back