500ml of some soya milks now a HEXA

ermintrude

Gold Member
Just noticed this when looking at milk for something else. As well as the 400ml of Kara coconut you can have:

400ml So Good Original Soya Drink Unsweetened UHT
500ml Alpro Soya Dairy Free Soya Milk, Light Unsweetened
500ml So Good Light Soya Drink Unsweetened

you might already know this if class has told you or something but online members like me might only find out by chance!

Woah that is a ridiculous amount of soya milk thanks Ermintrude! I feel a milkshake coming on :)

Woah that is a ridiculous amount of soya milk thanks Ermintrude! I feel a milkshake coming on :)

I feel some shopping coming on! :D

NOT the vegetable aisle though... :whoopass:

That's useful to know and I'd never have noticed, thanks!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

It is a bit rubbish that they dont send out, say, a weekly or monthly email with stuff like this in. :(

I've never tried soya milk. What's it like? Can you make yoghurt with it?

I've only ever had it in vanilla which was GAWJUS. That was before SW though :D

Dont see why not, Ive never made yoghurt, is it very SW friendly?

oooh I might have a go at that :) Was gonna have a go at making labne but I didn't know if it would count as free? Or even *work* using ff yoghurt? Ive never made yoghurt or cheese before.

Thank you very much!! I was just looking for clarification on this I am doing SW from home and have the 2010 information. I use Sainsbury's unsweetened long life soya milk (in the red carton) and hope this is the same 500mls.
Do you happen to know if hemp milk is allowed on the plan and if so what amount?
Thank you! xx

I just looked on the website and the Aplro Soya Dairy Free is back to 400ml, So good one is still 500ml though. Only hemp one i can see is Braham and Murray Good Hemp Dairy Free Alternative 300ml.

Thanks SO much for checking for me I will make a note of that :D
I would never get through all that soya milk unless I had porridge so it's good to know! :)

Can someone with the new book confirm for me exactly how much of the diferentf soya milks you can have as HxA now as the first post in this thread is back in 2011 so I'm worried it's now changed. Much appreciated x

Can someone with the new book confirm for me exactly how much of the diferentf soya milks you can have as HxA now as the first post in this thread is back in 2011 so I'm worried it's now changed. Much appreciated x

Hey Lea
If you check the post before mine by Ally she confirmed that Alpro is 400ml and So Good is 500ml. I don't use a branded one, just Sainsbury's own. I am going off 400ml until I can check the nutritional content of them both in comparison. Hope this helps :)

We found that cheaper soya milk and the low fat ones did not make very good yoghurt and if you are vegan we had to use a lot of Alpro plain yoghurt to start it so syns to count.
Did use ordinary yoghurt as a starter but veggie and not vegan but made vegan for a family member.

Sorry I'm still confused as I've been told that Alpro Soya light sweetened is 400ml but unsweetened is 500ml?

Sorry I'm still confused as I've been told that Alpro Soya light sweetened is 400ml but unsweetened is 500ml?

If you can't check at class or online if you start another thread with the question hopefully someone will be able to help. I will try putting it in the search box see if anything comes up for you. :)

Found this thread maybe this will help? I don't drink Alpro personally, just the Sainsbury's unsweetened and am having 400ml per A so if I have two I am counting that as 800ml. That's a ridiculous amount for me to drink so I normally have one A and if I use it on porridge just have one drink of tea throughout the day as I won't drink all the rest so would have to part syn it. I would rather use syns on nicer things ;)
http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/198091-alpro-soya-milk.html

Thanks. I've looked at the threads but they're quite old and so much has changed. I do SW at home so can't check books or online :-( Would really appreciate someone just checking online for me.

Back