50lb challenge anyone???

16lbs off altogether, -3lbs this week! Woohoo!

stokegal that is incredible, well done!

gem91, coffeecup1, mrsewok how are you all getting on?

well done everyone your doing great x

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I've found it really hard the last few weeks kept starting over then having a bad day and finding it hard to get back on track. Last Wednesday I started a fresh (again) and just weighed myself and lost 4lbs! A long way to go but I'm finally back on track :) how's everyone else doing? Xx

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I've found it really hard the last few weeks kept starting over then having a bad day and finding it hard to get back on track. Last Wednesday I started a fresh (again) and just weighed myself and lost 4lbs! A long way to go but I'm finally back on track :) how's everyone else doing? Xx

Well done that's great!!

I've lost a total of 16lbs but I hit that target last Monday and have been battling since then with gains and losses, I'm back down today.

It's gutting :(

Well done 16lbs is great! It's just so hard. I'm now 24st6lbs and I so badly want to be under 20stone but I find it so hard to focus on little losses and think too much about the long journey I've got. Hope you get back on track xx

Hi All

Verde - I struggle on the days when I flip flop up and down too - I always seem to do it whenever I am a few lbs away from the next stone bracket - I hit 16 5 before Christmas but then it took me until 4 days ago to break into the 15's - then I've lost 3lb in 4 days?? Bodies are weird lol

Gem - try and not focus on the big journey - I started at 21 stone and took my journey a few lbs at time, even half a stone was too big for me to focus on and before I knew it I'm at 15 11.25 - I still can't quite believe I'm in the 15s and because I spent years in the 19s I still feel like I'm waiting to break into the 18s. You will get there but just focus "there" as your next small challenge x

How's everyone else doing?

I'm now 28.75 / 50 - so 21.25lbs to go - eek!! Can't believe it - 1derland is just around the corner and I'm dying to get there - whoop!

Hi All Verde - I struggle on the days when I flip flop up and down too - I always seem to do it whenever I am a few lbs away from the next stone bracket - I hit 16 5 before Christmas but then it took me until 4 days ago to break into the 15's - then I've lost 3lb in 4 days?? Bodies are weird lol Gem - try and not focus on the big journey - I started at 21 stone and took my journey a few lbs at time, even half a stone was too big for me to focus on and before I knew it I'm at 15 11.25 - I still can't quite believe I'm in the 15s and because I spent years in the 19s I still feel like I'm waiting to break into the 18s. You will get there but just focus "there" as your next small challenge x How's everyone else doing? I'm now 28.75 / 50 - so 21.25lbs to go - eek!! Can't believe it - 1derland is just around the corner and I'm dying to get there - whoop!
You've done so well, I'd love to be 15stone. In fact I'd love to be 19st13 would be so nice to be out of the twenties! Xx

Thank you both, I totally know what you mean about focusing too much on the long term journey. I keep scaring myself silly because I suddenly remember "OH MY GOODNESS I HAVE 10 STONE TO LOSE" and it sends me into total meltdown! It's ridiculous really.

Well done both of you!

Another 1/2lb down for me eek!

Wanted to share some pics with you ladies which have certainly motivated me... I've been so focused on the small steps sometimes it's nice to look back and see how far you have come

Attachments

• image-1497156252.jpg
    image-1497156252.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image-40777374.jpg
    image-40777374.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 33
Btw - in both of the before pics I was wearing super sucky in pants - the second I'm not - cause they're too big lol x

After a half lb gain showing on the scales yesterday - woke up this morning and that's gone along with another 3/4lb so I'm now 30lbs down with 20 more to go till 1derland :) whoop!

How's everyone else doing?

Thanks for sharing those pictures you've done so well! Definitely motivating for me :) you look great well done! I do have more motivation now... My sister asked me to be her bridesmaid yesterday along with my other sister who is a size 8 and I don't want to look like this next to her! I feel so uncomfortable at the thought of looking like this infront of a church full of people! At the minute I only weigh weekly because that's all I have to do on weight watchers but I think if I weigh in more often I'll stay motivated! What sort of foods do you all eat? I get bored so easily and I struggle to eat lots of fruit/salads/veg! The last couple of weeks I've been taking pitta breads to work and before that it was sandwich thins and I'm growing very bored of both now! Xx

Hi Gem I usually eat cereal for breakfast.

Brown pasta for lunch or a salad - although I found the salad didn't give me enough energy when working out at night.

Then I batch cook so I always have at least 10 of each of the below meals in
Spaghetti Bolognese / brown pasta
Chilli / brown rice
Red lentil curry / brown rice
SW sweet & sour chicken / brown rice
Clean eating chicken satay / brown rice
Then when I come in from working out (which can be late) each of the above take about 6/7 minutes in the microwave and I don't have to worry about food.

I also try to eat 3 pieces of fruit a day and I am prescribed orilstat by the gp - although as my diet is fairly low fat - it doesn't really work. I don't drink fizzy pop anymore as I've found as it leads to sugar cravings and I work out at least 5 times a week.

The above is all the ideals that I follow a good 70% of the time - but if I want a McDonalds I'll have one - I just don't get it large any more and look for one of the lowest kcal options.

Hope that helps and hasn't bored you too much x

Last edited:
Those are great pictures, thank you for sharing!

I'm 18lbs down in total, absolutely chuffed to bits :)

I think we are doing pretty well, don't you?

Thankyou for that :) always good to get new ideas. I always buy ready meals but would be better if I made up meals like that! I used to take orlistat and even though I stuck to the 3g of fat I had horrible side affects :/ xx

I would like to join this challenge. I am trying to work out how long I should allow for the 50lb loss - 3 months? I am doing Cambridge 810 plan and swimming. I am looking for as many motivational chats and ass kickings as possible to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!

I would like to join this challenge. I am trying to work out how long I should allow for the 50lb loss - 3 months? I am doing Cambridge 810 plan and swimming. I am looking for as many motivational chats and ass kickings as possible to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!
Hello and welcome to the challenge :) I guess it depends how quick you lose weight? I have pcos and I lose weight relatively slowly so it's gonna take me at least 4 months I'd say. I've not been doing very well though I've only lost 5 lbs! Back on track from yesterday though :) good luck xx

gem you will do it

Back