50th Birthday Party Ideas

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
It's my BiL's 50th birthday in September, we're having a hot supper but I wondered if any of you wonderful people can come up with an idea of what we could do.

We're not having a disco/dj but need something to spice it up. There are a variety of age groups going.

We were thinking of doing something like a vegas table but not too sure.

Anyone got any other ideas which would suit a variety of people.

Race night (been to one and it is all prepared for you and was good fun-you place bets etc) entertainment such as magic show/singers?

I am here and racking my brain..........hang on feel an idea hatching.................

Do you want to theme it ??

What does he like............is he involved in any sport or hobby ??

Is it at home or do you have a venue booked ??

Does he like music?

I can only think of having an entertainer, a group, a comedian or such like.

I am working on it...........I promise !!

How about party games?

Beetle?
Twister?
Even silly things like Musical Chairs / Statues / Pass the Parcel!

It's always a good laugh, reverting to childhood, and it wouldn't cost a bomb.

[ETA: Yes, I know some of us haven't got far to revert!]

I am here and racking my brain..........hang on feel an idea hatching.................

Do you want to theme it ??

What does he like............is he involved in any sport or hobby ??

Is it at home or do you have a venue booked ??

Does he like music?

I can only think of having an entertainer, a group, a comedian or such like.

I am working on it...........I promise !!

We're not too bothered if it's themed or not. He likes birdwatching, walking & holidays. There is a venue booked & yes he does like music.

We thought of getting a magician who goes round the people.

Thank you all for your ideas:D

On Saturday we went to a friends very informal evening reception... and had a barn dance!!! (no actual barn required!!)

There was a 4 piece band and a 'caller' who went through what you had to do beforehand and called out through the dancing. There were a variety of ages attending and nearly everyone who was physically able had a go (at least once!). Even my 'I don't do dancing' husband got up with me for a few dances!!!

A good combination of music and dancing (without pounding techno!) and even when you weren't dancing, you could still hear yourselves enough to chat.

BTW - at our wedding we had a 'roaming magician'. Everyone loved it and were suitably amazed!!

Last edited:
Back