5K Every Day?

Cherry_Pie

Hello!

It might be the inspiration of the Olympics, or the fact I've just come back from an all-inclusive holiday (so much good food!), but I'm contemplating setting myself a little challenge of running 5K every day for a month, just to see how I get on. I've been running on and off for several years, and 5K is quite a nice little distance for me - makes me sweat, but not long or taxing enough to do myself any injury (hopefully!) I'm not realistically thinking I'll manage to run 5K EVERY day, as, for example, I know I've got two days of travelling coming up, and I'll probably only manage to run on one of those days... But I figure, if I start off trying to do every day, it'll be better motivation for me, and less room for me to wriggle out of it!

Just wanted to get feedback if anyone else had tried this, and if they could forsee any problems with the above?

I walk 10,000 steps a day roughly as a challenge. If u have an iPhone or similar down load the app Samsung hope relay. They donate £1 to charity for every mile u walk/run x

I love running ,been doing it for years but the general advice is not to run every day. There is a huge risk of injury, so it is something to build upto unless you are one of those rare few people whose bodies can tolerate it. Even after many years of running I average four times a week. Try three or four days a week, and some other exercise on the other days, and always have a rest day. Have a look at runners world.co.uk and .com version to see how they build up to regular runs. But most of all, enjoy!

Back