5th Weigh-in tonight.....

cheerydino

And I lost 5lbs, bringing to the total of 31 pounds! I have been unwell with a bad back for two weeks but I am sooo happy!
I lost 2 stones and 3lbs in 5 weeks!!! Yaay!!!:bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

WOW! :D :D :D

That is an AMAZING loss in just 5 weeks- I hope my loss will be as good!

What an inspiration!

wayhey!!! keep on trucking, you are doing brilliantly. well done!

xxx

Fantastic result:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done:D

Love Mini xxx

That is a brilliant loss, well done :D :D

Cath

:clap: :clap: :clap: Fantastic!!! Well done :D

Hia Donna!

Just caught up with your post. Was it only five weeks ago you started LL?

31 lbs down already!?!?! You sure settled in to the programme girrrl!

What's the best part of doing LL?
What's the worst?
What advice can you give to newbys? (Now that you're an 'old hand' now!)

Hia Donna!

Just caught up with your post. Was it only five weeks ago you started LL?

31 lbs down already!?!?! You sure settled in to the programme girrrl!

What's the best part of doing LL?
What's the worst?
What advice can you give to newbys? (Now that you're an 'old hand' now!)

Hi AJ!

Yep, it is 5 weeks since I started LL, I can hardly believe the time! I hope that the next 5 weeks will come as quickly! lol

To answer your questions.....

The rapid weight loss is the best part of doing LL - I wasn't very confident that I would lose one stone a month because of my hypothyroid. Another best thing is Minimins - reading your posts really helped me!!

The worst.....oh, hair loss! I knew it could happen before I started LL, I was prepared for that but I didn't think it would be that bad! But I had this problem when I was pregnant and it got so much better after the birth, so I think it will be ok! My backpain is another problem because of muscle weakness/loss but I knew that losing weight is better in the long run. My knee pain has disappeared which is great!

I would advise you to drink as much as you can as it really help with weight loss. I make it easier for myself by drinking a pint of water immediately before every foodpack. And to take a day at a time. Try not to think too much about 100 days - focus on today and believe that you can do this test! ;)

Great advice, Donna!

Looking at your tracker, I'm thinking that you will easily lose all your weight by the end of the 100 days, if not before.

Have you been clothes shopping at all? You know, when you try stuff on that probably won't fit ... but they do!

Have you found it difficult to reconcile your weightloss with your size, that is, do you think you're bigger than you are?

Do you look at people and wonder "am I bigger or smaller than them?" and not know because the picture you have of yourself is not realistic?

Twenty questions or what!

Hi everyone

To answer AJ's q's - it is funny cos I have been wearing these size 16 trousers for a week or so and eveyone has said that they look too big & today I decided to try on a pair of 14's and they fit - I was amazed! So I am offically a 14 now, they are quite a comfortable fit too so really chuffed.

It is funny cos when I look in the mirror I truly do not see anything different, but then I used to be a size 8 and did not see that change for ages either when it clearly had. I am worried that when I do get down to my normal size I will not be able to see it and want to continue to lose weight - hopefully by then through the councelling will help me look at the real person in the mirror & like what I see.

It is great that so many people have noticed and commented, my parents live away and I do not see them much, they are coming over for a few days at easter and then I am going back with them to stay there for a few days and I am looking forward to seeing my mums reaction - I will hopefully be almost 4 stone down since she last saw me at christmas.

x

Great advice, Donna!

Looking at your tracker, I'm thinking that you will easily lose all your weight by the end of the 100 days, if not before.

Have you been clothes shopping at all? You know, when you try stuff on that probably won't fit ... but they do!

Have you found it difficult to reconcile your weightloss with your size, that is, do you think you're bigger than you are?

Do you look at people and wonder "am I bigger or smaller than them?" and not know because the picture you have of yourself is not realistic?

Twenty questions or what!

Oooh, I do hope that I will lose all my weight by the end of the 100 days, that would be fantastic!! We are going to Newquay this July so I am hoping, hoping that I will be in management for sometime before we fly out there! I am SO excited about it. The thought of me being slimmer and looking good in photos motivates me!

There are very few photos of myself with my little daughter and she is two - I have been hiding away because of my weight....! That is why I am so looking forward to our holiday!

Yeah, I went to H&M the other week to buy a shirt and pants that will stay with me as I lose pounds. They are a size smaller and they fit me now! I took out a few of the clothes that I wore before pregnancy and to my delight, they fit me! There is a pair of new capri pants that I had never wore before because it couldn't fit me and I can wear it now!! Woohoo! This feels damn good!!

I have been looking in NEXT catalogue for clothes to wear this summer and was so tempted to order a few but thought I'd leave it until I reach my target weight. I still have some clothes in size 14/16 in my wardrobe and they are lovely, so I shall be wearing them again. I doubt I'll be size 12 anyway because of my height and shape. I know my shape will not be the same as before due to pregnancy.

I have to admit, I still look and feel bigger than I really am. My colleagues were saying the other week that I have lost "a lot of weight". I was like "a lot of weight"? I didn't feel like it at all. I still wear the same bigger clothes! But now I am wearing smaller clothes which is great. I am not exactly sure what my size really is because of my jelly belly which is getting in the way when trying on new clothes! :eek: I have some size 20 blouses in my wardrobe from prepregnancy days and they fit me, albiet loosely! When I started LL, I was size 24 (tops) and size 26 (pants).

It is funny, I did look at people and wonder if I was bigger or smaller than them. I was walking today and saw a big girl - she does not look very large but her thighs and legs were quite chunky (she was wearing trousers) and I looked at mine in my tracksuit bottoms and wondered if they are slimmer than hers! But she dressed nicely and walked with confidence whereas I am so self conscious of my appearance!

"...I doubt I'll be size 12 anyway because of my height and shape..."

What is your height/shape? I was size 24, now have loads of clothes in sizes 14 and 12. Why shouldn't you?

"...But she dressed nicely and walked with confidence whereas I am so self conscious of my appearance..."

You raise a good point. How we feel about ourselves we project to others and others take their cue from our demeanor.

Someone projecting self confidence and a positive attitude, who looks people in the eye and is assertive is given more credence than someone whose body language is like an apology for being alive! Obviously, larger people are judged by their appearance initially, but this judgement can easily change if they project this self confidence.

Have a lovely Wednesday, Donna!

I'm 5' 9" of medium build with big bum! When I was in my twenties, I was 11 stones. Then I put on a stone and stayed in that weight for a few years until 2002 when I was diagnosed as hypothyroid. I'd put on 3 stones in less than 2 years and I didn't even overeat!

Thanks AJ, you too have a great day! :)

5'9"! with good 'child bearing' hips!

I'm just about, almost 5'7". You'll should easily get to a size 12, and because of your height, it will be easier. Tall people always carry their weight better than shorter people.

Hypothyroid - is that an underactive thyroid? That's tough luck. Is it managed by medication now, or did you have to have an op? How long did it take to get diagnosed?

Back