5th WI & 5%!!!

Have a look in the supermarket or chemist for pills to reduce water retention. I don't know any names, but I've heard people on this forum mention them before. Might help :)

Aw mince (((hugs))) I hope you start to feel better soon. Gaining when you've done well is so demoralising. I am so nervous about my WI on Thursday as I have been so good but if I have not lost as much as I hoped then I will be deflated. I weight every morning (I know I shouldn't but I do!) and was gutted to gain over the w/end despite being good!

Keep going hun, you're doing bloody fantastic!

The kids from Grange Hill didn't just sing the song 'Just Say No' about drugs ya know, it also meant just say no to sneaky WI's ;)

Hope you're feeling tonnes better Mince Pie. xxx

You're showing your age ;)

Hello Mince please dont worry about a gain you know sometimes it takes 2 weeks to show what we did so if you over indulged on a BBQ 2 weks ago the 2lbs could show this week,so therefore the next weigh-in could be good.although by weighin you could of well dropped the 2lbs?
I sneaky weigh and I know I shouldnt sunday I had a look weigh in Monday and over night Id gained 2lbs also my loss for this weigh in was 0.5lbs and Id been 100% so it doesnt relly make a difference weighing daily as we gain and lose every day.
I wouldnt worry to much about your fella and your weight your not to much heavier and Im 100% sure he wont notice a few lbs he will just be really happy to see you hey,just do what your doing write down all you have and wwigh and measure and drink extra fluid to flush out retention.......Hope your sunburns all better and you have a good loss xx

Firstly - thank you everybody for the really lovely post. You guys are the best. A special thanks to puggso for pointing out the obvious - I always knew sneaky weigh ins were bad because weight fluctuates, but I never actually twigged that it makes me miserable! Talk about not seeing the trees for the forest (or whatever that saying is!)

Tuesday 22nd June

This is just a short one because I'm talking to my boyfriend on skype whilst typing this and I don't want to bore him hahaha!!!

So, I toddled along to Weigh In, considerably less swollen (although still swollen to the extent that my bras are still tight and difficult to get on) and was expecting a STS or a slight gain.

I lost 1.5lbs! Hoorah!!!

I'm especially happy because we did go out on Sunday, but not to Pizza Hut.

We went to what is actually my FAVOURITE indian in Manchester. I then realised, that WW has had such an impact on my thinking.

Pre WW: I'd have Poppadoms, maybe a Samosa or two, couple of Bahjis, bit of kebab for starter. For main I'd have Lamb Rogan Josh, Peshwari Naan, and probably a portion of rice. I probably wouldn't eat all the rice, but hey. And then a couple of beers / glasses of wine on top of that. Safe to say, we're looking at around 50points at least. FOR ONE MEAL.

Now: I had a bit of popadoms (2), some kebab for starter (3) which I shared with my sister. Then for main I had some tandoori chicken tikka (7)- I couldn't even FINISH it, and shared a peshwari naan with my sister - but couldn't eat even half the portion (4/5). We also had some mango lassi (no idea - 3 maybe?). Either way, I had about 20 points. I did exceed what I'd put aside, by about 5 points. But I had about half to 1/3 of what I would have normally consumed. And I still lose weight this week and I still enjoyed my meal and didn't feel deprived.

This is what WW is all about!!! I then went and danced my (increasingly smaller) behind off.

How is everybody doing?

A special thanks to puggso for pointing out the obvious - I always knew sneaky weigh ins were bad because weight fluctuates, but I never actually twigged that it makes me miserable!

I lost 1.5lbs! Hoorah!!!

I'm especially happy because we did go out on Sunday, but not to Pizza Hut.

Just speaking of the voice of experience on that one!

And big congrats on the loss! No more sneaky WIs? ;)

Weeeell the answer is - I'm trying not to! I know it's a difficult habit to break, but I didn't weigh myself this morning at least :D I think I'll put my scales out of my bedroom and in my mum's bathroom or something so I'm not as tempted.

Weeeell the answer is - I'm trying not to! I know it's a difficult habit to break, but I didn't weigh myself this morning at least :D I think I'll put my scales out of my bedroom and in my mum's bathroom or something so I'm not as tempted.

Ask them to hide them, out of mind and out of site and all that!

Well done you. A fantastic loss and well controlled on the meal out. Fab sounding meal by the way - running off to make my late tea right now.

Stay away from the scales this week and all will be well

I'm good thanks Nikki!

Apart from submitting to the fudge and cinder toffee demons :(

I will be working that off this weekend!

Hi Vanda! I'm good thanks, didn't have chance to update last night after WI because I got in super late from salsacise! How are you?

30 June 2010
So, I weighed in last night, and had lost another 1.5lbs! Was pretty chuffed, as I hadn't made the best choices all week (notably, spending 11points on fudge and chocolate-covered cinder toffee on Friday), but I had finished the week without being in defecit, and earnt 18points. Yes, I watched the first half of the England match from the cross-trainer at my gym (and then hurried home at half-time!).

I was pretty pleased, although I'm not going to be where I wanted to be, on Friday, when my boyfriend visits from Holland, but I'm only 2lbs over, so hey :)

I was given a bit of a boost when I weighed in on esource, and found I'd hit my 5%! Hoorah!

Although I'm SO looking forward to seeing my OH this week, I am NOT looking forward to the stress it will be on WW!! Especially as his mum and sister are coming for the first weekend of his stay, too (they want to meet my parents). Here's an example why:

Me: Where would you like to eat on Saturday? I was thinking a light lunch / brunch at a coffee shop or somewhere, then we could go to the Indian or the Spanish (we love them both).
Him: Let's go to the Indian for an early lunch. Then we can go to the Spanish for a late tea :))))

AAA!! I love him to bits, but he doesn't understand the reason I'm asking so many questions about where he wants to eat is so I can plan :D Well, he does UNDERSTAND why, but he doesn't EMPATHISE- unlike you lovely forum friends (surely we're all obsessed with food? Right?). I find I'm more obsessed now, before I'd just eat whatever, and not really care!

But yes, here are my food plans for the weekend:
I'll have 14.5 points saved, and get 18 a day.

Friday: early Indian (tandoori chicken, salad, maybe a couple of popadoms: 10)
Spanish: (sharing some garlic prawns - 4.5, patatas bravas - 4, chicken - 4, chorizo - 4.5) - 17 :X
Maybe some sangria: 3 (and probably more if I start >_>)
So in total, looking at around 30-35 (12-17 points over. If I go 17 over, banked points: -2.5)

Saturday: Coffee shop lunch (i.e. salad for me :DDD): around 8ish
Home made iranian food (lamb and rice): 10
Home made iranian dessert: 4
Alcohol: 8

Total : total: 30. Banked points total: -14.5

Sunday:
healthy breakfast: 2.5
Sushi: around 12
tea: 0point salad

total: 14.5 Banked points total: -11

Monday:
14 point day. Banked points total: -7

So I expect to go over by about 7points. Not too bad, if I stick to it ^^ I am going to weigh in next week though, just so I can keep on track. I'll just drag the fella with me!

well done hun on your 1.5lbs off, thats fantastic stuff. And look at you pointing your weekend with OH. If it doesnt go to plan though, don't panic.. you enjoy yourself as you obviously dont get to spend much time with your OH xxx

btw, are you in a team chick? :) x

Well done on the weight loss. 5% is a great milestone

It gets complicated planning for all that eating out but it does sound fab. Try to make the best decisions that you can but most importantly enjoy yourself. Have a fab time

@Nikki -Aww thanks <3 I indeed am half Iranian. The dessert is a rose, raspberry and almond roulade! I'll post the recipe if you like? It's non-WW (yay double cream hahahaha) of course :D I've never made it before, here's hoping I don't stuff it up :D If you like Persian food, I heartily recommend the book "Persia in Peckham" by Sally Gilbert - she's English, but married an Iranian so picked up a lot of the cooking and the customs. It's not all Persian recipes - some are with a Persian twist, but it's a great book :D

@blackwidow nope! i don't even know what teams are or how they work :/ and thank you! i have the best of intentions, but i probably won't stick to them ;D

@Vanda - thank you! I'm going to try my hardest!

Hope you all have lovely days xoxoxo

Thursday 30th June (part ii)
So far, so good, it turns out I've been doing my APs wrong, and have been doing myself over. I've been doing it by counting 100kcal as 1AP, as I read somewhere, but I've been actually using esource for the "low/moderate/high" estimations. I thought killing myself on the crosstrainer for 45 minutes was surely worth more than 3 points! So I have 11 banked already, and with tomorrow, I'll hopefully have around 14-15 :)

Bet you wish you hadn't hurried home for the 2nd half ;)

Congrats on the continuing loss! :D

Back