25g flaked almonds
For the filling:
275ml double cream
3 tablespoons rose-water
3 tablespoons rose syrup
25g icing sugar
225g raspberries
castor sugar / rose petals to decorate

Line a 23x32cm Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper, cut 2cm larger than the tin. Snip the corners to fit, and oil the paper lightly. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar, then fold in the ground almonds and the essence. Whisk the egg whites until peaking, and then fold them into the yolk mixture. Pour in to the tin, and then scatter the almond flakes flakes over its surface. Cook on gas mark 6 / 200 degrees C for 15mins, and then leave to cool.
Prepare the filling - whip the cream until lightly peaking, and then whisk in the rose-water, syrup and icing sugar. Invert the cooled sponge on to a sheet of sugar-dusted greaseproof paper, and pull off the lining paper. Trim the edges if necessary. Spread it with first the cream mixture, then the raspberries, then roll it up and chill.
To serve, slice and sprinkle each slice with rose petals.

It's not going well ladies and gents!!

Did really well the first day, and made a lot of healthy choices (apart from chocolates at the cinema) but have been a bit rubbish since. We're going out for a lovely posh meal tonight for boy's birthday, so I may try to get back on track tomorrow. Alternatively, I WI on Tuesday, and he leaves on Monday, so that would be a good 100% restart day if all else fails!

Hello everybody, I'm back. I switched to Cambridge and lost quite a bit on it but have been having trouble with my kidneys so had to stop, and have gained a lot back over the last two weeks. Going back to my meetings tonight - am a bit scared. I don't know how much I'll update here, as I've been keeping quite an active blog on wordpress (See my sig) but I'll try! Hope you're all well xoxo

Welcome back :) dont be scared, you cant change whats happened, you can only concentrate on what will happen :)

Back