6.5 stone down... AND MAINTAINED for 6 months!

wow, u look amazing! what an achievement, just the inspiration i needed! thanks :)

Sorry about the delay in responding - back to work and all that has meant a busy busy me!!

Thank you for all your comments - it's so nice to have compliments and know I can support and help others :)

Work out routine - I basically did CD up to step 3 with no working out (mainly because I was exhausted and thought I was punishing myself enough without making my lazy self work our as well as not eat!!) On step 4, I began doing Jillian Michaels "30 day shred" for 6 weeks, then did her "Ripped in 30" for a further 6 weeks.

After this I went away for my wedding to Cyprus - had 3 weeks off calorie counting (but was still sensible (ish!!) and didn't do any working out - apart from on the morning of my wedding when I went running as a stress release lol.

Then since returning I did 6 weeks on "30 day shred" again and 6 weeks on "Ripped in 30" - I have then done a selection of Jillian's other DVDs and Insanity fast and furious, mixing it up ever week or so. They are just all about 20-30 minute long routines and fit my lifestyle - I do them before I go to work and then forget working out for the rest of the day. I do however do them 6 times a week.

Let me know if I can be any more help anyone :)

Hope the weight loss is all going well for you all!! Xxxx

Sarah, I was just wondering about your exercise routine? On your wedding day you look GORGEOUS!!! You look so toned and tanned and all round beautiful and classy :). I was just wondering what exercise you did during/after to get your body toned? Was it more cardio or crunches etc? One of the most inspiring stories on here, I want to lose 5 stone and hope to maintain that forever! Would be great to hear what kind of workouts you did to get that beautiful bridal body. Thanks!
see above :)

Well done and you look amazing. One question........ Did it take you 10 months to lose 6.5 stones or did you take breaks. I am about to start and I thought its a stone a month?

FYI you looked beautiful in your wedding dress and amazeballs in the red dress :) love it xx

Well done and you look amazing. One question........ Did it take you 10 months to lose 6.5 stones or did you take breaks. I am about to start and I thought its a stone a month? FYI you looked beautiful in your wedding dress and amazeballs in the red dress :) love it xx

Thank you :)

It took me 10 months to loose 6.5 stone without any breaks!!! It started about a stone a month, but as I got smaller, it was harder to shift the weight... I was averaging 4/5lb a week to start with and it slowly became 2lb as I moved up the steps.

:) xxxxx

Well done you've done amazingly well, you must be so proud of yourself. You look stunning in all pics too. Was just wondering about your arms as they look great and no lose skin on them. How did you mange that if you don't mind me asking? My arms are disgusting and getting worse with every lb I lose :-/ xXx

Thank you :) It took me 10 months to loose 6.5 stone without any breaks!!! It started about a stone a month, but as I got smaller, it was harder to shift the weight... I was averaging 4/5lb a week to start with and it slowly became 2lb as I moved up the steps. :) xxxxx

Ok I see. It slows down as you add food and move up. How much did you loose before moving up the steps?

Thank you :) It took me 10 months to loose 6.5 stone without any breaks!!! It started about a stone a month, but as I got smaller, it was harder to shift the weight... I was averaging 4/5lb a week to start with and it slowly became 2lb as I moved up the steps. :) xxxxx
ok

Ok I see. How much did you lose before moving up the steps and adding food?

Well done you've done amazingly well, you must be so proud of yourself. You look stunning in all pics too. Was just wondering about your arms as they look great and no lose skin on them. How did you mange that if you don't mind me asking? My arms are disgusting and getting worse with every lb I lose :-/ xXx

Thank you :)... I really don't know - I didn't target them specifically but lots of dumbbell exercises - chest presses, air boxing with dumbells and stalk stances and arms out with dumbbells. Started with air boxing and tins of beans!!

Hope that helps :)

Holy kamoly girl you look amazing!!! I had lost near 5 stone but put 2 back on. My ass is in gear as I still have at least 5 stone to lose. Well done hunny. You look amazing x

Ok I see. It slows down as you add food and move up. How much did you loose before moving up the steps?

Well actually it was strange - my weight loss was great for 3 months on sole source on Cambridge and was loosing consistently and then just stopped and I started only loosing 1lb now and again despite being 100%.

My CD then moved me up the steps on CD and every time my calories were increased I actually lost more. I lost on average 3lb a week at 1400 calories yet on 8-10 I was doing about 2lb every 2 weeks. She said it was due to me not having enough calories.

Even now, when I'm on 1800 calories approx I am loosing 2lb every two weeks... So I genuinely believe that too little calories after a while had a negative impact!!

:)

Absolutely gorgeous!
I've just started (on Wednesday) so far feeling good, really motivated this time.
Got married in August and since meeting my now husband the weight has just piled on!! We're going to Mexico in June and I want to feel proud in a bikini! My consultant has said to have a mini goal of 12.5st to start but I'd love to get to my own 11.5st goal, do you think that will be possible?
Thanks girls
xx

You look absolutely beautiful, well done! So inspiring. And all of these people have been saying to me 'oh you'll put all the weight back on', it's so discouraging, so it's so lovely to see someone maintaining. I am working up the steps now currently on step 3 so it's given me confidence that if I see this through I can keep it off. Thanks for posting your pics! Xx

Well actually it was strange - my weight loss was great for 3 months on sole source on Cambridge and was loosing consistently and then just stopped and I started only loosing 1lb now and again despite being 100%. My CD then moved me up the steps on CD and every time my calories were increased I actually lost more. I lost on average 3lb a week at 1400 calories yet on 8-10 I was doing about 2lb every 2 weeks. She said it was due to me not having enough calories. Even now, when I'm on 1800 calories approx I am loosing 2lb every two weeks... So I genuinely believe that too little calories after a while had a negative impact!! :)
This is amazing to hear! I started 1st July at 14 st 5lb I'm now 11 st 12lb. Have been on SS for the majority of the time (exc holiday & Christmas) however despite now doing it 100% & drinking sufficient water I've just stopped loosing :-( I've been getting so down & didn't want to go up to stage 2 thinking I wouldn't lose anything. I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow I think I'll ask about going up a step. I'm getting married in September & I'm desperate to lose at least another 2 stone!
I should point out I'm quite short (5ft 2) and do not carry the extra weight at all.

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous! I've just started (on Wednesday) so far feeling good, really motivated this time. Got married in August and since meeting my now husband the weight has just piled on!! We're going to Mexico in June and I want to feel proud in a bikini! My consultant has said to have a mini goal of 12.5st to start but I'd love to get to my own 11.5st goal, do you think that will be possible? Thanks girls xx

I'm sure it will be possible - what is your current weight?!? If you set your mind to it, you will definitely achieve what you put out to do... And regardless of what the scales actually say, you will feel better and proud to be in a bikini I assure you!!

Good luck and keep us posted :) xxx

This is amazing to hear! I started 1st July at 14 st 5lb I'm now 11 st 12lb. Have been on SS for the majority of the time (exc holiday & Christmas) however despite now doing it 100% & drinking sufficient water I've just stopped loosing :-( I've been getting so down & didn't want to go up to stage 2 thinking I wouldn't lose anything. I'm seeing my consultant tomorrow I think I'll ask about going up a step. I'm getting married in September & I'm desperate to lose at least another 2 stone! I should point out I'm quite short (5ft 2) and do not carry the extra weight at all.

I genuinely think suggest to your councillor about moving up a step - if felt exactly the same!!! Scared that moving up would stop the weight loss however it seemed to boost the weight loss!!! I got to the point on SS thinking this is ridiculous I'm not eating and I'm drinking tones of water and I'm putting myself through hell and not loosing, so thought what's the worst than can happen - move up a step, get to eat some food and even if I sts, I'm still eating more and not being so hard on myself!

Let me know how it goes and what you decide!!! Xxxx

WOW how AMAZING do you look in your pictures well done lovely you look BEAUTIFUL in your wedding dress ;-) and the little black number pic is FAB XxX

Back