6.5 stone down... AND MAINTAINED for 6 months!

Sorry for the delay in responding... Had a very crazy busy February!!

Sagging skin wise... I do have some stretch marks as I had a lot of fat to stretch around, but I do believe the exercise really helped. Squats whilst microwaving porridge, biceps curls with bottles of water etc!! And then I did Jillian's 30 day shred and ripped in 30... Which I still do, combined with Xanity. I believe that helped the sagging..

CD wise... I used all the tricks I could find... Drinking loads of green tea until I was so bloated I couldn't bare food. Mixing shakes with loads and loads of crushed ice so it became like ice cream (kind of....) splitting shakes so I'd have more mini meals... I found the later I left the food, the more bearable it was. I tended to get hungry in the evening so whilst busy ya work if I just drank water, I'd not think of food until I got home and then I could have all my packs. I found the bars yummiest but the shakes filled me up more (loads of ice!) I hated the soups and porridges... Soups were only good for making "crisps" in the microwave!!

Post CD... I genuinely just calorie counted rather than following a diet. I have about 1400-1800 a day and am still loosing the odd lb occasionally. Because I followed maintenance religiously and left long enough gaps before going up steps I didn't fluctuate in weight at all really. I've been around the 10 stone mark for 10 months. I even occasionally have mega binges after a night out and it doesn't seem to show at all on the scales.

I have meal plans etc on what I eat daily I'm more than happy to email!

Good luck everyone! If I can do it - anyone can... Serial takeaway addict!!

The only person who will stop you, is you. "Only one biscuit... It won't hurt" is you justifying it to yourself because you know you shouldn't.

Excuses won't achieve your goal but dedication and commitment will :)

Stay positive and keep updating us ... Honestly reading other peoples success and troubles helped me along the way... We are all only human so knowing others are struggling made me feel better!! Xxx

So very true! Simple words that are spot on!

You look absolutely amazing, well done - you give others like me hope!

We all want to lose the weight, it's why we started this plan.... But we want to look nice after it! With your before and afters, it's clearly possible!

Thank you :) and a big well done for not only losing the weight, but maintaining it - that is what it's all about long term!

Xx

Thank you so much for your inspirational photos and positivity to help us all keep going. It really does help being on here.thank you. I will be posting my photos up when I'm down to goal weight and looking at sticking to maintenance forever.

Sorry for the delay in responding... Had a very crazy busy February!!

Sagging skin wise... I do have some stretch marks as I had a lot of fat to stretch around, but I do believe the exercise really helped. Squats whilst microwaving porridge, biceps curls with bottles of water etc!! And then I did Jillian's 30 day shred and ripped in 30... Which I still do, combined with Xanity. I believe that helped the sagging..

CD wise... I used all the tricks I could find... Drinking loads of green tea until I was so bloated I couldn't bare food. Mixing shakes with loads and loads of crushed ice so it became like ice cream (kind of....) splitting shakes so I'd have more mini meals... I found the later I left the food, the more bearable it was. I tended to get hungry in the evening so whilst busy ya work if I just drank water, I'd not think of food until I got home and then I could have all my packs. I found the bars yummiest but the shakes filled me up more (loads of ice!) I hated the soups and porridges... Soups were only good for making "crisps" in the microwave!!

Post CD... I genuinely just calorie counted rather than following a diet. I have about 1400-1800 a day and am still loosing the odd lb occasionally. Because I followed maintenance religiously and left long enough gaps before going up steps I didn't fluctuate in weight at all really. I've been around the 10 stone mark for 10 months. I even occasionally have mega binges after a night out and it doesn't seem to show at all on the scales.

I have meal plans etc on what I eat daily I'm more than happy to email!

Good luck everyone! If I can do it - anyone can... Serial takeaway addict!!

The only person who will stop you, is you. "Only one biscuit... It won't hurt" is you justifying it to yourself because you know you shouldn't.

Stay positive and keep updating us ... Honestly reading other peoples success and troubles helped me along the way... We are all only human so knowing others are struggling made me feel better!! Xxx

You are stunning!! Well done and congratulations!

Erm also.......crisps?? You have GOT to tell me how!

Hi Sarah! I joined this forum only after seeing your results as I had to say WOW and also a THANK YOU, as you made me realise that I can do it too, I initially had 2 stones to loose and lost it last year only to gain back 3stones....I never followed the steps and ended up binging as i stopped cambridge. Right now my weight is making me so miserable. Could you let us know what you did in order to maintain your weight? Did you ever cheat? Did you not find yourself obsessed with food as you came off the diet??

xx

Wowww! Amazing... u r a stunning.... such a transformation!! I am on day 2 im 13.8 and wanting to get to 9.7ish... I juat wanted to ask u about exercise... I know u have mentioned it already but just wanted to know that did u do any exercise on ss or was it when u moved up a plan??? Im ss for 12 weeks minimum with a break end of may when I go on holiday... n then back on... so wondered if I should do 30 day shred or wait and start it once I move up a step... also dping sqauts and bicep curls is that whilst u wer on ss???

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

wow, you are totally amazing. what an inspirational lady you are. I started at the same weight as you two weeks ago, and I must admit It seems daunting and a little bit like I cannot see myself as slim as you are. how did you do it, if you don't mind me asking.. how long were you on each stage and did you every slip up?
I am becoming a little bit obsessed as its really nice to see that others are doing it and how they do it and to see you, wow, you make me smile.
Is it true? nothing tastes as good as slim feels???
Debsx

I hope you realise just how much of an inspiration you have been to woman like me, just starting out on our journey.
Thankyou for posting, and continuing to post. It really does make a difference in someone else's life!
Well done. X

You are so beautiful! Well done on your incredible loss and for keeping it off. :)

Wow you look really beautiful, especially in your wedding dress! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. You are a big inspiration to all of us. I hope I can reach my goal and maintain it too, hopefully this year!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! So inspirational!!! I've done this plan in the past and was sick to death of everyone being so negative. I've always believed this plan works and you are the very proof. I've Gained so much weight from eating junk and all kinds of crap. No matter what diet you do, or how slowly you lose weight, it will always go back on if I eat the way I did, I'll just keep telling myself that whenever anyone is negative. Starting this plan again today and seeing your pics is just what I needed for motivation. You look amazing! :) x

Hi Sarah! I joined this forum only after seeing your results as I had to say WOW and also a THANK YOU, as you made me realise that I can do it too, I initially had 2 stones to loose and lost it last year only to gain back 3stones....I never followed the steps and ended up binging as i stopped cambridge. Right now my weight is making me so miserable. Could you let us know what you did in order to maintain your weight? Did you ever cheat? Did you not find yourself obsessed with food as you came off the diet?? xx

I followed the steps religiously... And spent about 3-4 weeks on each step. The longer you draw the steps out, the more likely the weight will stay off... I didn't cheat whilst on Cambridge - unless you call a planned Christmas Day a cheat? On this day I ate everything I'd missed... Like everything! But I had planned it in and had kind of built up to step 3 so it wasn't a shock to my system, before going back to 810.

After finishing the steps, I maintenance by calorie counting and using my fitness pal. I guess you could say food has become an obsession, like I do plan and count everything that passes my mouth. But then I also have now found a way of "having a life".

I calorie count aprox 1700 calories everyday (and run 1.5miles and do insanity everyday but Sundays) and then once every 2/3 weeks I have a BLOW OUT day. Calorie counting goes out the window and I eat everything (in fact binge massively!) and then the following week, drop calories to about 1500 just to compensate before going back up to 1700 the week after until my next binge day!

Hope this helps :)

Sarah x

Wowww! Amazing... u r a stunning.... such a transformation!! I am on day 2 im 13.8 and wanting to get to 9.7ish... I juat wanted to ask u about exercise... I know u have mentioned it already but just wanted to know that did u do any exercise on ss or was it when u moved up a plan??? Im ss for 12 weeks minimum with a break end of may when I go on holiday... n then back on... so wondered if I should do 30 day shred or wait and start it once I move up a step... also dping sqauts and bicep curls is that whilst u wer on ss??? Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I didn't do any exercise until I was on step 3 - mainly because I was losing enough as it was so kind of thought "well what's the point". At step 3, I wanted to start toning as well as losing so I started Jillian's shred at step 3(ish!)

I'd just be careful as on SS you are running on literally nothing anyway, if your body struggles with what your calorie intake is, it will begin to hold on to fat for energy - which is probably why SS and exercise shouldn't mix... Imagine you are on 700cals from shakes but you are burning 200 cals from exercise, it leaves you with very little to live on :)

Hope this helps,

Sarah

wow, you are totally amazing. what an inspirational lady you are. I started at the same weight as you two weeks ago, and I must admit It seems daunting and a little bit like I cannot see myself as slim as you are. how did you do it, if you don't mind me asking.. how long were you on each stage and did you every slip up? I am becoming a little bit obsessed as its really nice to see that others are doing it and how they do it and to see you, wow, you make me smile. Is it true? nothing tastes as good as slim feels??? Debsx

I was on each stage about 3/4 weeks dragging it out as long as possible. The longer you last on each stage the more likely you are to keep it off. I had a crazy binge over Christmas, but is had planned this in with my consultant so I could minimize the damage. But after one day of eating everything in sight, I jumped back to 810 and the damage barely showed.

I didn't cheat other than that. I was scared of one crisp making me put on a lb! The way I look at it, is one crisp really worth it? If you are willing to "just have one biccy" then it's pointless, one will not satisfy a craving, it will make you crave more... One won't show on the scales, but a packet will. Once you have one, you will have a packet!!

Honest to god!!! Yes... Nothing feels as good as being able to fit in clothes from ANY shop and not having to delve right to the back for the right size... Although sales are always annoying... Size 22 was always left! Size 10 however.... They always go!

Honestly... Nothing tastes as good as slim....!!

Hope this helps,

Sarah

Hi did u lose any hair as I'm hearing horror story's of people losing clumps?

No I didn't. I have very thick hair though and genuinely didn't notice any hair loss. I think it's something they say because some people experienced it.

People are always quick to blame the diet for any small change as well.

Hope this helps,

Sarah

So since posting in January, I thought I'd do another picture update for anyone who wants some support and encouragement.

Since originally posting I have continued with my exercise routines (1.5mile run, insanity and squat and plank challenge!) and continued with healthy eating with occasional fat days! My weight is maintaining, if anything iv lost a couple more lbs!

If I can help any more with questions/encouragement please let me know!! I want everyone to get to their goal and feel good!!

I found it so helpful having a true person to question, rather than my consultant. She was lovely, but it was her business - if that makes sense! She had to be professional - I can tell it how it is!!

Hope you are all staying motivated... Especially because it's so sunny!! Don't have an icecream, just crush ice and mix in your shake mix instead of adding water!! It's a good fake icecream!!

Sarah

Attachments

• image-3799073808.jpg
    image-3799073808.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 300
  • image-3275187707.jpg
    image-3275187707.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 378
Back