6 months to sexy

hi yummymummy... wel i did ww before and lost 3.5 stone and gained 1 stone of it back off plan for a year and then joined sw. i found it really hard to lose weight on sw and keep it off for example if i had an off day my weight would shoot up!!

i defo feel less bloated on ww and i love havin the option to grab something on the go. im in college at the min doing a masters so i have minimum time with projects classes etc so being able to grab and point it on the go suits me. or if im in my bf house they never have healthy food so i can save points for his house and just have a small portion and count it in!

i know sw works for other people, my friend in college does it and she loves it! i think everyone has to find a diet that suits them and i just think ww is for me. i defo think its good long term, my mam is a gold member and she says the points never leave u and shes right wen i was doin sw id think oh god theres x amount of ww points in that lol.

i know 3.25 pounds might not be alot to lose for some people in two weeks but for me i couldnt get past a certain weight and now im under it!! hope this helps :)

Hi everyone.

Faith what is your masters in? I'm doing a masters too, but I'm doing mine at home through the O.U... It's taking forever because I'm doing it slowly because of the kids and working evenings (when I go back after mat leave) but I'm down to my last module this year and my dissatation next year horray! lol

Thought I'd give my opinions on SW and WW too....
I think SW has been great for teaching me how to make my own sauces and has improved my cooking knowledge and I have lots more experience of adapting recipes to be healthy. I also think I will generally eat healthy thing now even when doing WW.
However, the downside to SW is it doesn't address portion control issues, I know this is my own fault for being greedy as your only meant to eat till satisfied, but I'm of the opinion that you could do that only eating donner kebabs and you'd still loose weight...
I've only properly been doing WW for two days, so in a few weeks time my opinions might be different.
At the min my positives about WW are that if I choose to eat healthily I eat pretty much the same as I would on SW and stay within my points. However, last night I decided I really wanted pizza and chips (still had homemade chips in the activfry, thankyou SW) and instead of making my own with wholemeal bread, etc, I had a dirty goodfellas meat feast. I made sure I had a healthy breakfast and I had a low points dinner of homemade soup to accommodate it, but the point is I could do it within my points, making use of some weekly ones instead of when on SW you've got to have a super free day the rest of the day and hope for the best knowing you've gone off plan.

I think SW and WW have both got valuable things to teach, SW makes you learn to cook things from scratch and make everything low fat if you want to save your syns for goodies. Whereas WW teaches you if you want to have a bad meal, you can aslong as you accomodate for it you havnt blown your day/week.

Hey thank u guys, yes it did make sense lol, but now I'm confused as to what to do i think I'll stick to sw for now but I do agree a little naughtiness n ur weight goes straight up. I think I'm going to sit down n make a food plan that can bring both together.. I too eat nonstop which is why I like sw as I can't stop eating n love my carbs which I remember in ww would take a lot of my points. Also there new thing I heard bout ww propoints n weeklies?? Can you tell me what this is if you don't mind please.

Thank u for your help xx

Yummymummy23 said:
Hey thank u guys, yes it did make sense lol, but now I'm confused as to what to do i think I'll stick to sw for now but I do agree a little naughtiness n ur weight goes straight up. I think I'm going to sit down n make a food plan that can bring both together.. I too eat nonstop which is why I like sw as I can't stop eating n love my carbs which I remember in ww would take a lot of my points. Also there new thing I heard bout ww propoints n weeklies?? Can you tell me what this is if you don't mind please.

Thank u for your help xx

Hi ym,

Propoints is the new ww plan. All there food in the supermarkets have changed to this now as well.

Basically you get your daily allowance, this is worked out on weight, age and height. I'm on 29pp which is the lowest you can be on. And everyone get the same weeklies allowance of 49pp. You can use your weeklies how you wish, all in one night or over the week but you do anyways use your dailies before you go into weeklies... If that makes sense.

Propoints are now work out on protien,fat,carbs and fibre instead of the old cals and fat. They have also scrapped half points and carry points over. If you have dailies left you can't save them for another day... Same for weeklies, once ur weeks up whatever u haven't eaten can't be saved.

It sounded alot to me when I joined, I couldn't get my head around how I could eat a full days food and then have points to eat on treats, but after a few days and a food diary I realised I was making very healthy choices through the day, my portion sizes where a healthy size as u weigh everything or eat meals prepared. And then a little treat in the evening and I was soon getting through my weeklies.

I only moved to ww because with moving house sticking to sw was difficult, I found I had to cook fresh all the time and if I needed to grab a quick meal I couldn't just pick up a ready meal. I think I will return to sw in a few months when I get closer to target as I think maintaining on sw is probably easer than still pointing everything.

Sorry this is such a long post. Xx

I'm right in the middle of moving, my house was all packed and moved into the new place today but new place still needs work done so while that's going on I'm living with my parents. It's been soooooooo stressful.

But on a positive note I lost 3lb on Friday taking my total up to 15lb since beginning of jan! So happy :eek:)

Yummymummy if you're doing well on SW I'd say stick to it. If it isn't broke don't fix it kind of thing.... The only reason I changed was because I'd STS for a few weeks on SW.
The thing I'd say is doing a different diet and shaking things up a bit is good when you're starting to get dissalusioned so if you get to the point where your fed up with SW and thinking of packing it in I'd say try WW.
I think I'll go back to SW if I get bored of WW, just to chake things up a bit and stop me getting fed up.

Ok I think I get it, thank you fir explaining :)

I'm not considering changing just yet, jus an option going to see how things go on WI monday and if things improve by planning n keeping diary. I'm quite happy with sw for now but am finding my weight fluctuates easily by small hiccups :(

Thanks again :)

Morning all.
I just jumped on my scAles (naughty) and last week I was weighing 16.13 and today it said 16.9!!!!!
Let's hope for a nice big loss for me this week. :)

Fnm... That's brilliant! I hope it's the same or even more come wi day xx

Ym... Yeah 29 dailies. Worked out for each person, I started on 30 but it came down when weighed in last time.

Fatty_no_more said:
Morning all.
I just jumped on my scAles (naughty) and last week I was weighing 16.13 and today it said 16.9!!!!!
Let's hope for a nice big loss for me this week. :)

Go FNM, fingers crossed. xx

Big_bear - 33lbs to go -9lbs Lost
Gonagetskinny20-36lbs to go 20 lbs Lost
Amythyst- 67.5 lbs to go lbs 6.5lbs Lost
Badgerminx- 42lbs to go lbs lost
tc19 - 38.5 lbs to go 5.5lbs lost
lou- 42 lbs to go lbs lost
curvygirl87- 42lbs to go lbs lost
jellibabe- 28lbs to go 15lbs lost
hayleyj123- 28lbs to go lbs lost
inmydreams- 56lbs to go lbs lost
amy2249- 37lbs to go 9lbs lost
El aine-40lbs to go 6.5lbs lost
Jovisgirl-42lbs to go lbs lost
miss_marshmallow-56lbs to go lbs lost
SammyWL-42lbs to go lbs lost
Claireyboots- 35lbs to go 5.5 lbs lost
Emmalou-42lbs to go lbs lost
~kerrylou~-42lbs to go lbs lost
Corrina- 53lbs to go lbs lost
Fatty_no_more - 49lb to go 7lb lost
Faith08- 24.5 to go 4.5lbs lost
rover_gem 42 lbs to go 1.5 lbs lost
krupskaya- 36lbs to go 17lbs lost
glamgirl - 56lbs to go lbs lost
Jooloo - 38.75lbs to go 8.75 lbs lost
lauralou_10--52.5lbs to go 4.5lbs lost
kate81--35lbs to go 7lbs lost
Katiem-9lbs to go 16.5 lbs lost
Nicolas-56lbs to go lbs lost
Eternalflame - 42lbs to loose, 4.5lbs lost
Ktbryony- 47.5lbs to go 3.5lbs lost
Leeane901-50lbs to go 6lbs lost
Yummymummy23- 37lbs to go 3lbs lost
Ktbryony- 47.5lbs to go 6.5lbs lost
Danico -47lbs to go 11lbs lost
Anna_vixen -35.5lbs to go 6.5lbs lost
Mission~possible 82lbs to go 18lbs lost
Imahat ~ 35.5 to go, 2.5 lost
Feelina ~ 50lb to go, 1lb lost.
curvalicious - 40lbs to go, lost

Just updating.

Check out your stats gonagetskinny!!! That's brilliant! I seen u did 2lb last wi! Well done xx

jellibabe said:
Fnm... That's brilliant! I hope it's the same or even more come wi day xx

Ym... Yeah 29 dailies. Worked out for each person, I started on 30 but it came down when weighed in last time.

Thanks jellibabe you've been so helpful n gave me so much time explaining :)

xx

So how is everyone doing today?
I had a homemade mushroom curry yesterday and it was ridiculously yummy! Espec since we had it with some mini indian snacks and half a nann yum!

Think I'm going to drag the family out for a walk today if the sun manages to peak out!

Hey FNM - good luck for a super loss this week!

Wow jellibabe I jus saw stats u have lost 15lbs already, well done I wish I was it's been 4 weeks n I've jus fluctuated up n down must get on it going to make a plan today.

You defo gonna be sexy in six months go you!!

X

jooloo said:
So how is everyone doing today?
I had a homemade mushroom curry yesterday and it was ridiculously yummy! Espec since we had it with some mini indian snacks and half a nann yum!

Think I'm going to drag the family out for a walk today if the sun manages to peak out!

Mmmm!!

It's raining away by me can't wait til we get bit if sun LO loves outdoors xx

Yummymummy23 said:
Wow jellibabe I jus saw stats u have lost 15lbs already, well done I wish I was it's been 4 weeks n I've jus fluctuated up n down must get on it going to make a plan today.

You defo gonna be sexy in six months go you!!

X

Thank u ym, u will get there as well!! Just take your time, lots of food planning and diaries and if u ever slip up just learn from it and jump straight back on the wagon.

I have to say I have never been so motivated to do anything, each day I enjoy and know I am taking the steps to get better. I have suffered to long at such a young age with anxiety and feel like not only my life but my whole families life is on hold until I get better. I'm back on meds from doctor and it's helping but ever tiny bit of weight I've lost makes me feel so much better. People are starting to notice and my clothes are lose... I can even get a pair of jeans that I couldn't get past my thighs when I started all the way up and buttoned!! Not that I can move in them yet tho. But every little thing makes me feel positive and better and it's making me more confident that the future is going to be better and I can go through life without the worry and anxiety I suffer with so much now. Sorry to go on but nice to put into words how important this journey is for me.

Xx

jellibabe said:
Thank u ym, u will get there as well!! Just take your time, lots of food planning and diaries and if u ever slip up just learn from it and jump straight back on the wagon.

I have to say I have never been so motivated to do anything, each day I enjoy and know I am taking the steps to get better. I have suffered to long at such a young age with anxiety and feel like not only my life but my whole families life is on hold until I get better. I'm back on meds from doctor and it's helping but ever tiny bit of weight I've lost makes me feel so much better. People are starting to notice and my clothes are lose... I can even get a pair of jeans that I couldn't get past my thighs when I started all the way up and buttoned!! Not that I can move in them yet tho. But every little thing makes me feel positive and better and it's making me more confident that the future is going to be better and I can go through life without the worry and anxiety I suffer with so much now. Sorry to go on but nice to put into words how important this journey is for me.

Xx

Hey Hun

Don't ever be sorry to say how you feel, hearing that brought tears to my eyes, sorry to hear that but u have the right attitude n always remember this even when u do have an off day. U are doing great keep it up. And stay positive ur future will be better with this attitude u can make it better for u and your family and it goes without saying everyone on here are supportive n are here for you.

Sending lots of love n hugs xx

Back