6 St 2 Lose - Will I need Surgery?

Miss_Kassy

Silver Member
Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone knows if I will have very bad loose skin after my diet?

I am 5'6" and currently weigh 15st 8lb. I want to lose 6 and a half stone to get back down to 9 stone (eventually).

For most of my life I have been a size 8-12 until I started piling on the pounds 2 years ago and now I am a size 18-20. Will my body ever go back to how it was or have a runined it for ever?

xxxx

Drink lots of water and put on moisturizer daily and you should be ok, Ive got the same to lose and loose skin has been a worry of mine, it might not go back to how it was exactly but I strongly doubt it would be so bad that you would need surgery

Hello all
I've been doing lipotrim and have lost 41 kg. That's about 7 stones. I thank God have not got much loose skin. Just a teeny bit behind the arms. But I'm hitting the weights. Doing press ups sit ups etc. And alot of cardio sauna steam. I really thought loose skin was gonnna be soooo much BUT I've not had any exept on the arms but even that had receded in the last month
so don't worry hopefully you'll be ok.
Or maybe do your programme in stages. Lose 3 stones. Then wait a month for your body to catch up. Then lose the other 3 stones?

Hi Miss Kassy....I wonder about this a lot too.....vanity your name is Diva !!! Haha !
Just wanted to say that I did lose over 6+ stone before.....in my middle twenties and I had no loose skin....was doing regular exercise with my diet too.....

This time I'm older and the wrong side of 40 !!!! So I shall have to wait and see.....

Lots of Luck !!!

Diva x

Hi everyone

Eeeh, what are we like, but it is a worry. You think we would be happy with just losing weight but no... There is the added wory of how your body will even look once we shed the ponds hehe. Its a tough job being a woman hahaha.

Well I'm starting the gym tonight. I figure I should do low reps on light weights and focus more on cardio for now until I have lost a fair bit weight then up my weights. I'm worried that if I do high weights now I'll end up bulky. Does anyone know if this is the case? I dont want to end up butch hehehe.

BIGTsmall - A huge congratulations on your weight loss. You have done amazingly well. How long has that took you? I take it lipotrim is good then? You are a star!!!

Viva La Diva - hehehehe nothing wrong with wanting to look our best though is there hahahaha. Did you do many weights when you lost that weight in your twenties or did you focus more on cardio?

Speak to you all soon xxxx

Hi when I lost that big amount of weight, I was following a low cal low fat low low Veggie Diet, and I was doing the following......

Walking ( probably about 3 to 4 miles each time...didn't have a pedometer then !! ) about 4 times per week, swimming 40 laps ( 25 m pool !! ) three times per week, doing the Y Plan workout VIDEO ( yes I'm that old ! ) and light weights ( I used cans/ bottles of water ) at least 3 or 4 times too.

Sounds amazing now, even to me that I managed to fit soo much into my day !! I guess it just proves you need the ' magic ' formula of diet AND exercise , eh ??? I did have to build up slowly to this amount of exercise, and I think losing the weight took about a year...but going from a UK 26 to a UK 12, was it worth it ??? HELL YEAH !!!! Hahaha !!!!

Hi again Viva La Diva :)

Thats great that you went from a 26 to a 12. I bet you felt great. I'm gonna take a leaf out of your book and exercise exercise exercise. I'll have to start off slow like or I may give myslef a heartattack haha. I am sooooo unfit. I'll let you know how I get on.

I am really hoping to lose the majority of my weight for next summer so it's going to be 7 months of hard work for this chick hehe.

Speak soon xx

I promise you losing the weight is well worth any loose skin.

Hi Miss Kassy,

I've lost about 8 stone and do have some loose skin mainly on my thighs and stomach. I lost the majority of this weight on Cambridge diet so my body didn't have the chance to tone up whilst i was losing.

Def go to the gym and drink as much water as you can to keep your body dehydrated. I've been trying to tone up recently but I would have done better if I'd excercised more whilst dieting.

Good luck!

Hi everyone

Eeeh, what are we like, but it is a worry. You think we would be happy with just losing weight but no... There is the added wory of how your body will even look once we shed the ponds hehe. Its a tough job being a woman hahaha.

Well I'm starting the gym tonight. I figure I should do low reps on light weights and focus more on cardio for now until I have lost a fair bit weight then up my weights. I'm worried that if I do high weights now I'll end up bulky. Does anyone know if this is the case? I dont want to end up butch hehehe.

BIGTsmall - A huge congratulations on your weight loss. You have done amazingly well. How long has that took you? I take it lipotrim is good then? You are a star!!!

Viva La Diva - hehehehe nothing wrong with wanting to look our best though is there hahahaha. Did you do many weights when you lost that weight in your twenties or did you focus more on cardio?

Speak to you all soon xxxx

Heyy :) Great thread, it's nice to hear people with the same worries and know there's others in the same boat! :p

I've lost 7 and a half stone up to now, and unfortunately I do have a fair amount of loose skin, but I think it's only because I've still got a bit to go and I'm sure that once I've lost more it'll look a lot better... It's probably because I got so big when I was so young that I wasn't even fully grown and my skin just stretched and stretched! lol

And on the weights front... at one point I was a weights fanatic! I used to try and keep up and out do all the guys at the gym hehe :p and I got VERY muscly! But now the weights coming off the muscles look really nice, I've got really nice shapely legs, bum and arms :) so totally go for lifting weights if you like doing it :) Just don't be too put off if the scales don't show a loss because you'll be putting on muscle! I wouldn't say you'll look bulky and manly though! lol :p just muscly and shaped! :)

Hope this helps a little?? :) x

Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for your posts. You three have done amazingly well with your diets :) What an insperation you all are.

Lozzy Goz you look fantastic. I'm defo going to give the weights a go then. Plus I read that having more muscle burns more calories in a day so that can only be a good thing hehe. I started the gym last night and I'm going again tonight so I'll have to keep you all posted as to how I get on and as to how the skin situation is doing hehe.

xx

Eeeh, what are we like, but it is a worry. You think we would be happy with just losing weight but no... There is the added wory of how your body will even look once we shed the ponds hehe.

Aaaah you are not wrong! I have the worse body shape ever, with an enormous amount of flab/skin on my stomach. Even at my lowest weight, it doesn't go away. I will definitely be needing surgery, which saddens and scares me but there is no point in changing my weight just to be left with an ugly body.

I wish I had used Bio-Oil all my life! Oh well. Best of luck!

I think if you're prone to stretch marks no amount of bio oil or anything will stop you getting them. I get them if I so much as think about gaining a pound! So I'm fully expecting my tummy to not go back properly as it's mainly made up of stretch mark on top of stretch mark, not actual normal skin. If you've got away with only a few stretch marks I think it'll all pop back ok given time :)

i've lost just under 6 stone and have about a stone to lose and have hardly any loose skin, i've been very active on doing weights and cardio though which helps. x

Hi Viva la Diva
Hope you dont mind me asking, where did you get your low veggie diet........
As a veggie i never seem to find anything thats simple.....
:)

Hi everyone

I am so glad I'm not alone here! Infact I posted something similar earlier on about loose skin after seeing it on Day Break this morning. It's awful to think we're working really hard and at the end of it we may have to pay silly money to get rid of all the loose skin. It's a big worry of mine :-(

Hi OMG, my veggie diet has grown up with me for 27 or so years now.....in the beginning it was stuff in tins from Holland and Barrett, which cost a fortune and tasted foul !!!! Mock Duck, was just slime in a can !!! eugh !!

Now I adapt my recipes, I use Quorn a lot to make things like Spag sauces, Shepherd's Pie, and I make a mean Veggie Curry which I serve with a Naan Bread which I found at Trader Joe's and isn't like 400 cals per Naan !!!
I love Veggies, so I low fat roast a whole tray full with loads of herbs and seasoning with a TINY spot of Olive Oil on parchment paper, so no sticking.....hehe !! I do my roast potatoes like this too and Hubby says they are amazing !!!!
Salad and a big jacket potato with low fat cheese and fat free dressings is one of my favourite meals, I also used to make a lot of soups....not soo much now and I am on a mission to make Low Fat Muffins, which is a work in progress !!! Hubby is a meat eater, but loves the veggie stuff too !!!!
I think one of my main problems was portion control, now I still cook or bake a big batch BUT I freeze portions too and this means less temptation and also there is always something lurking in the freezer !!!
Are you a lover of the creamy pasta sauces ?? Used to be my downfall, now I still sometimes do a mean Mushroom Alfredo Quickee pasta dish, but I have cut back.....

Hi Miss Kassy, how are you doing ? My exercise levels have been bad, apart from some walking and chasing two Kittens around the house !!! Calories not soo bad too, have you lost anymore??? I shall be as green as a green thing if you are lower than our 212 lbs !!! ONLY JOKING !!!! I will do the happy Minimins dance for you !!! ( Shake my belly like a bowl of jelly !!! )

Diva x

Back