6 stone and STUCK SOLID!

takemedrunkimhome

Oh my good god!

I am in serious needs of words of wisdom and a serious kick up the arse!

Update on those who don't know me.

Started at 20 stone when child no. 2 was born. Two years ago my partner and I set the date for our wedding so the race was on to loose as much weight as I could.

July 2012 we go married and I was around the 14 stone mark. Was so pleased with my self however since the weeding I was be abysmal!

I haven't actually put any weigh on however I have a good week loose a few lbs then have a shocking weeks then put it all back on and this week I have a good day and then have another shocking day. I NEED TO GET A GRIP. My problem is I think I no longer have anything to work towards. I am still in size 18 jeans and have 2 pairs of 16's in the cupboard I bought in the sales that I really want to get into but that doesn't seem to stop me.

Anybody else ever got to the final push and lost sight of the way???

I have no words of wisdom for you but just wanted to say I know the situation you're in oh so well! I only seem to lose weight when I have a big threat looming over me. My own wedding 5 years ago for example! I got to my ideal weight for that and since then have yoyo'd up and down because I had no event big enough that warranted me getting off my arse and doing something about my weight! Luckily my best friend is getting married next year and that gave me the new kick up the backside I needed and I've started to lose weight in early September. Sure, I had plenty of weddings and family events during those 5 years, but nothing important enough to me to scare me into losing weight.

I really hope you can find motivation from somewhere. Would you consider a completely new diet, something you really have to concentrate on and commit to because it's "new"?! It sounds like you don't need to lose too much weight so it would probably shift quite easily during the novelty first weeks of a new diet! Of course you just have to make sure you don't put it in again afterwards!! Or maybe a new exercise/hobby if you have the time? Sorry, I'm probably not much help! X

Hi there! Stalling is so annoying. Can you give bit more info on what diet/food plan you are following and if you are doing any exercise? :)

I have been slowly slowly losing weight since around springtime, it has been very slow partly because I don't have loads of lbs to lose and also partly because I am relatively comfortable in my body as it is so I am not too fussed how long this last stone takes to come off as long as I am continuing on the downward trend overall.

I've been calorie counting through MFP and generally eating healthier and getting a lot more exercise. I try and stick to 1200 a day but always go over on the weekends and in the week a couple of days can range from 750ish to 1400 ish. I think its definitely worth trying to work out your current BMR (the amount of cals burnt on an average day to stay the same weight) because then you have an idea on days when you do go a bit wild that if you are still below the BMR you are still creating a deficit albeit smaller than a full-on 1200 cal "diet deficit".

I find that helps to keep my motivation ticking over if I have a higher week (like this one incidentally as I have been feeling ill and sorry for myself, I have had more chocolate this week than the last month probably!!) because it reminds you that you haven't undone all your hardwork and you will still be on track just a bit slower. Plus I find it helps keep a much more normal approach to food rather than obsessively hitting 1200 every single day.

Exercise will definitely help speed things up and I think the quickest/easiest/cheapest solution to start with is running. Everyone can do it. If you have a smart phone get a couch 2 5km app or if not print one off google. I still find running hard but there is honestly nothing better than feeling your heart pump, your skin glow (beetroot!!) and the fat sweating away :)

GOOD LUCK with the last little bit- you can do it!!:D

I really hope you can find motivation from somewhere. Would you consider a completely new diet, something you really have to concentrate on and commit to because it's "new"?! It sounds like you don't need to lose too much weight so it would probably shift quite easily during the novelty first weeks of a new diet! Of course you just have to make sure you don't put it in again afterwards!! Or maybe a new exercise/hobby if you have the time? Sorry, I'm probably not much help! X

my goodness me we are so on the same wave length I have spent the last 24 hours researching Atkins and ordered a book on Amazon! haha

I used to be over 22 stones. Im now 10 stone 13. I got stuck a lot. I used to just go off track for a week or two. Just eat normally. Then come back to it. Im sure the shock to the body gets me losing again.

I've got stuck twice - once for 18 months and once for 11 months. :(

This time though I followed done advice I heard in fat2fit radio podcasts. I was a bit scared if doing it but figured I had nothing to lose. I was right. It worked.

Work out your BMR calories and make sure you eat them. If you've been eating around 1200 like I was, eating more is scary bc you think you'll put it back on but although you might it s bit on initially ( I didn't) it kicks starts your metabolism back into losing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I've got stuck twice - once for 18 months and once for 11 months. :(

This time though I followed done advice I heard in fat2fit radio podcasts. I was a bit scared if doing it but figured I had nothing to lose. I was right. It worked.

Work out your BMR calories and make sure you eat them. If you've been eating around 1200 like I was, eating more is scary bc you think you'll put it back on but although you might it s bit on initially ( I didn't) it kicks starts your metabolism back into losing weight.

I second this and will be checking out the podcast, thanks for the recommendation.

You don't explain whether you've stalled or just lost motivation. I'm on the later, my weightless has stopped because I'm sabotaging it, mainly because, having lost 2 and a half stone, the pressure is off a little. I keep thinking "I'll start again on Monday, but we all know where that leads.

When i was successfully losing weight, i was eating about 2000 cals a day ( I exercise for about an hour 5 days a week, and cut it back to 1800 ish when I'm not exercising, I lost about 1-2lbs a week and it feels so much more natural than a lower calorie count. I don't push myself to eat that much unless I'm significantly below. I also tried to follow a paleo / clean diet.

I find when I go much below my calorie count or significantly up my exercise I end up bingeing. Which I have been doing the last 2 weeks - I've not eaten properly during the week, then binged at the weekend which has undone all my good work during the week. I'm turning it round by making sure I eat my full allowance this week.

Good luck with your journey!

I don't know if that question was aimed at me it not. But id stalled. The first time I just couldn't get past it and eventually it crept on again because I lost motivation. But the second time I was determined not to do that again and just kept plodding on regardless and tracking on mfp and eventually it cracked before I did :)

Back