6 stone in 19 weeks!

Cerulean

Silver Member
There I was expecting a boring WI again - and the scales shifted - loads! That's a little bit less than a stone every three weeks!

So when I return from holiday hopefully I'll be in the 11s.

So so happy!

CONGRATULATIONS :party0019:

Blimey, you have done really, really, really well!

What does it feel like being 6 stone lighter?

I suspect you have been through more clothes than a little.

Are you near goal? Keep going

and the best of luck with the rest of your journey

Sam :party0049:

I feel great, thanks!
I'm about 2 and a half stone away from goal as I want to get to the lower end of the healthy BMI scale.

I haven't been though that many items of clothing (other than my original wardrobe) as I have bought a fitted cardigan that goes over most of my work clothes in a size 18 and it seems to remain quite flattering even though it's 2 sizes too big for me now. I basically hung in there as long as I could until jeans and things fell off me then I only bought in between sizes from the 5 pound sale rail in Dorothy Perkins! I have splashed out a bit on a size 14 wardrobe as a reward to take me though the 12s.

Wow,what a loss rate.
that's over a stone more than me in the same period.....not that I'm jealous.

totally agree with you about not buying clothes. I'm saving my cash for the 'definative' wardrobe at goal!

when do we get to see the next pic of you?

Just the type of success story I need to read before bed!!!!

Amazing achievement.....breathtaking!!!! :D

Wow that's something to crow about Sarah. Have you done that with LL or CD? I believe you've exercised quite a bit too? Have you always been into exercise or have you just got into it since losing the weight?
Many congratulations you'll look great on the beach too :)

Hi Tish - I'm on LL

I cycle to and from work about once or twice a week - about 4 miles each way. I try to walk about 10 miles or so a week. I also do yoga once a week. So - not excessive and often about transport and just getting out of the house rather than exercise for exercise's sake.

I try to follow the French philosophy of making exercise something you do as part of your normal life rather than something you have to schedule time for and get out of the way.

I was terribly unsporty at school, but I have always loved hiking and being outdoors. The bike actually saves me a lot of time in London. It's the quickest way of getting to work - the only time the bus is faster is at 6 in the morning!

I did do ballet up 'til the time my breasts got so big that I realised I'd never be a dancer! So I wanted to find something that gave me a similar feeling. I love the discipline and calm of a yoga session. I think it's about finding something you enjoy and doing it a little bit at a time. the rotten weather for the last 2 weeks means that today is the first time I got on my bike in over 2 weeks. I refuse to let myself feel guilty when I miss my regular exercising slots as that was a trap I fell into too many times in the past - what I do do now that's different is that I even feel the slightest compulsion to exercise (go for a walk - make a class etc) I just get on with it rather than procrastinate!

fantastic loss cerulean! What date did you start? I am really hoping to hit 6 stone lost when I go for my WI on Tuesday. It is fantastic to be able to shop for lovely clothes for a change isn't it!

I started 2 days before you I think - on the 7th Jan.

Hi Sarah, well done on hitting the 6 stone loss. I am nearly there, should be within a lb or two at WI tonight. I like your attitude to excercise - I used to beat myself up if I missed a day which then became an excuse to give up!! I am on week 16 of LL now and have reintroduced excercise gradually. I now walk/run 3 times a week and fit in a quick power walk with a friend 2 or 3 times a week at lunchtime. I find this works for me much better than trying to go to the gym and fit in my sessions in an already busy life.
I am off to France on Thursday for two weeks having lost more weight than I could ever have imagined. Will make sure I pack the trainers and continue the running while I am there!!

Thanks for that insight Sarah, I'm struggling to incorporate exercise into my life. I have had hit and miss goes at the gym but give up too easily when I don't see any progress in terms of weight loss, though I do feel fitter.
The thought of getting on a bike in central London frightens me: one because of the volume of traffic (I haven't been on a bike since mine was stolen aged 16!) but more likely the accidents I would cause if they all saw my bum in the air! :)
However one of my goals is to learn to swim - another catch 22 situation. Do I start now and face the humiliation of a swimsuit, or do I wait until I've lost weight but have my old skin hanging out? I think I'll just have to take the plunge (scuse the pun) and find swimming lessons somewhere near me. I can always wear goggles and a hat and hope no one recognises me.
I've started taking a different route so I get off at a tube station further away from me, so I at least get a 15 min walk coming home now. It's a start ....

Hiya Sarah,
fantastic weightloss and in such a short space of time, well done :D

well done sarah, you have done so well, im at the beginning of my journey i need to lose 6 stone so its great to read all these sucess stories.

Hi Sarah
Well done on losing 6 stone you are a inspiration to us who have got lots to lose ive also got between 6 and 7 stones to lose wish i was near my 6 stone but i have not reached my 1 stone yet . I am doing ww but finding it is not coming off very quick as i dont exercise either i supose if you exercise that would fetch it off quickly i have a exercise bike but dont use it i need to trim down my hips thighs but dieting alone wont do this will it . Have you any tips on the exercise. I am wanting to lose at least 4 stone by end october or maybe 5 do you think this is possible what have you to weigh to get in to a comfartable size 14 would love to be in that size.
I will say it again well done

Awesome weight loss Sarah!!!!

6 stone in 19 weeks!!!:party0019:

fetch.dll

wow that is truly amazing, well done i'm sure you feel fantastic and look like a new person:party0011:

Back