6 stone off for the third time - will maintain this time

Yep, as the title suggests I'm a mega yo-yo dieter. I first lost weight at uni 1999-2001. I managed to shift 4.5 stone. I then got into a relationship and put the weight back on, he shot off and I put even more on but then found the love of my life and he supported me while I lost 6 stone through calorie counting and running. In 2007, just after I hit target, I became pregnant with our first and 17 months after he arrived I had our daughter. Between the pregnancies and stress of motherhood (I thought breastfeeding was supposed to make you lose weight!) I ballooned to 16st 10lbs. My target is 10st 10lbs.
I don't have the time to calorie count and I'm too heavy to jog. So I decided to give something different a go...
I've been following slimming world for nearly 3 weeks and I'm finding it pretty straightforward. I have lost 7.5lb in 2 weigh-ins. Woo hoo!
My kids are enjoying it too. They're getting to eat loads of fruit. The nappies are interesting!!
I'm worried that I'll get bored with all the healthy stuff but I haven't yet. Even when I get cravings it's not even for chocolate or crisps, which I'm so surprised at! We have refrained from having cakes and biscuits in the house as this is my real downfall.
My first aim is to be back in a size 18 for when I return to work part-time in September. I've had my Principles suit dry-cleaned and have a couple of new skirts and a dress to get into.
I'm trying to be as active as possible, I'm walking anything less than 3 miles. Tomorrow we're taking the kids hiking. We've a backpack and sling and will be carrying them up a mountain (well hill really!) but it's going to difficult regardless. Sunday my mum and I are going to walk our local race4life. We're aiming for under 45 minutes. Next year I'm going to sprint it!!!

A hit and miss weekend

The hits this weekend were the uphill walking we did yesterday morning, the 5k race4life I walked this morning and the 30 minutes of situps, squats and lunges I've managed over the 2 days.

The misses have been the crisps I ate yesterday and the slice of pizza and can of pear Bulmers that I've just consumed. In my defence it's the first drink I've had in about 3 months. Until recently I was breastfeeding my daughter so I've only had a few sips. I haven't really drunk in 3 years or so. So I deserve this pear cider!!!!

I need to be spot on tomorrow and Tuesday to meet my goal of 3lbs this week. Every evening next week I'm going to take a 1 hour walk after the kids have gone to bed. I live in a hilly area so will make sure I get 2 hills in.

I've eaten so much fruit and veg this week. I'm generally getting in 10 or more protions of f&v in a day. I feel great.

Tomorrow I'm off to the supermarket. We've hardly any money left until payday but I've run out of salad, milk and bananas which is part of our staple diet.

Back