6 STONE TO DITCH ...Here I go!

I think your children will see a Mummy who takes pride in her appearance, is confident, doing a healthy amount of exercise and eating properly. If you were crash dieting and then putting it back on and doing that repeatedly then your daughters would get a skewed idea or 'normal' and think yo yo dieting was ok. You're setting a great example and well done on having such talented kids! And being such a supportive mummy too of course :)

I think your children will see a Mummy who takes pride in her appearance, is confident, doing a healthy amount of exercise and eating properly. If you were crash dieting and then putting it back on and doing that repeatedly then your daughters would get a skewed idea or 'normal' and think yo yo dieting was ok. You're setting a great example and well done on having such talented kids! And being such a supportive mummy too of course :)

Thank you so much Emmy lou and congratulations on having such a great loss yourself!! I will generously accept your congrats on behalf of my kids, I am immensely proud of them but in my skewed mind i also feel ashamed for them sometimes as i feel like such a disaster.

I really appreciate that you have taken the time to read my self pitying thoughts and then have sent your encouragement, so really, heartfelt thanks.

On a lighter note, like you! How have you found your sw journey? I know that it is a successful plan and would love to know how you have found loosing 3 stone, that really is a massive accomplishment!;)

My internet is back on !

Please don't apologise for your posts. These posts are our own (individual) ways of dealing with what for many of us has been a long term (sometimes lifelong) issue with food and weight. I know that you are fairly fit and active yourself which is a great role model. You are also a role model for your children by tackling this issue head on and dealing with it in a sensibly healthy eating way rather than crash dieting. Your children will be eating sensible meals and they don't need to know all the dilemmas that are going on in your head around this whole issue.

This isn't an easy journey but I hope it will get easier for you. You are making a big change in your life and you are doing great. Over the next stone - 2 stone you will see even more massive changes (as well as getting more and more compliments) which is exciting and motivating. I wish you all the very best and will hopefully be here to help out where I can.

Gail x

On a lighter note, like you! How have you found your sw journey? I know that it is a successful plan and would love to know how you have found loosing 3 stone, that really is a massive accomplishment!;)

Aw thank-you. I do often forget that 3 stone is a huge amount to most people and it is to me too of course. It's just dwarfed sometimes by the fact the ultimate goal is 5.5 stone and I forget that I've actually accomplished more than I ever thought I'd manage when I set out. It's been slow going and a challenge - especially at the moment when I seem to have lost my SW mojo a bit, but ultimately worth all the hard work :)

People are slowly starting to notice now but it's taken 3 stone to happen!! That's also a bit hard to deal with at times as you feel like you've come so far but then question whether you really have come as far as you think as no-one has noticed. I got a comment from my male work colleague out on site yesterday that I'm a lot more flexible and agile than I used to be when I was bigger (I had my arm armpit deep in a hole at the time and was bent in a fairly flexible way now my tummy doesn't get in the way!). He also said previously I was at the point when people would clearly think 'fat' when they looked at me but now they'd think 'normal size'....trust a bloke to be totally blunt but it's good to hear all the same!

When you get people noticing it really keeps you going, even though you're doing it for you as much as anything else :)

Hey, I totally agree with what everyone else has said. You're such a great mum and I know that from what you say in your posts as you really care about what is best for them. I don't think it is bad for your kids to see a mum who is determined and is following a diet plan that is healthy, sensible and can include all the family! You're going so well - go you!

Sorry to hijack your thread fayhamy but in response to EmmyLou - you are doing brilliantly. Don't look at what you still have to go, look at what you have achieved so far and your next mini goal. If I had seriously thought about what I had to do when I started, I don't know that I'd have got very far. I still don't really look that far in to the future, just to my next half stone goal and celebrate them when I get there.

I was also surprised in some ways how long it took for people to notice - I expected people not to notice the first stone or so but after I'd lost 2 I was really feeling the difference and thought that others would too but on the whole they didn't. But between 3-3.5 stone, loads more people noticed and now when I see people I haven't seen for a while, I'm actually almost surprised if they don't say anything. So, it will happen and I suspect it won't be long. If a male work colleague has noticed it's almost certainly pretty obvious !

Well done you.

Gail x

Yep, ita a 20 min workout dvd by Jillian Michaels, 3 circuits of 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardiom and 1 min abs and it kills! There are also 3 levels which get harder! Its great though because its only 20 mis but it gives a really good workout, i couldnt do it yesterday as i was too sore from the previous 2 days!!!:eek:

Thankyou, I checked it out...... and then went to lie down! Phew.

please forgive me, self indulgent thread coming up......................................Being a parent is so hard, being a mum on a diet is even harder, I have 1 son and 3 daughters and i worry about the influence i am having on them. My son is a very talented footballer, he plays for the best youth team in n irland (80 mile round trip from our home 5 times a week!), he has scouts from england looking at him and heres the prob as they also lloks at the physique of the parents and this is where i let him down...... i have always been fit playing hockey at a v high level and running half marathons but i am 3 stone overweight and just look fat.

Then of course ther are our 3 daughters, they see me dieting and running on the treadmill at home and this is "normal" to them, surely this is just setting them up for weight problems of their own in the future. the guilt is overwhelming...............would it be better to be fat and "happy" or is my obession with weight loss and dress size doing more harm than good?

sorry for the heavy(pardon the pun)subject matter but i need to articulate in order to deal with it and i would love any of your most welcome opnions (Good or bad!)

I have 4 daughters and was very concerned when I wanted to begin the Cambridge Diet because I didn't want them to think that Mum drinking shakes and not eating was a sensible way to live (well it isn't). In fact I put off starting the diet for a few years because of these concerns. And of course there are the worries about Anorexia that all parents must think about. Eventually I explained to them how I felt about wanting to lose weight in order to be healthier and live longer, they understood and it was fine. I lost 4 stones on CD but have put on 2 again because I didn't learn how to maintain my weight. After a year of struggling I have now started SW and feel much happier and more positive and the thing about this diet is that now we all eat the same meals but the others add butter, more cheese and so on to theirs and have more treats as well. So this is a rather rambling way of trying to say don't worry! The comments which have already been made by the others are brilliant, I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel.

Thankyou, I checked it out...... and then went to lie down! Phew.

LOL !

I have 4 daughters and was very concerned when I wanted to begin the Cambridge Diet because I didn't want them to think that Mum drinking shakes and not eating was a sensible way to live (well it isn't). In fact I put off starting the diet for a few years because of these concerns. And of course there are the worries about Anorexia that all parents must think about. Eventually I explained to them how I felt about wanting to lose weight in order to be healthier and live longer, they understood and it was fine. I lost 4 stones on CD but have put on 2 again because I didn't learn how to maintain my weight. After a year of struggling I have now started SW and feel much happier and more positive and the thing about this diet is that now we all eat the same meals but the others add butter, more cheese and so on to theirs and have more treats as well. So this is a rather rambling way of trying to say don't worry! The comments which have already been made by the others are brilliant, I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel.

Lovely comment, well put !

Gail x

Hi fayhamy
How's it going. I seem to be keeping to plan a lot easier this time. Think that may be because I have told myself this is the last time and I'm fed up losing a little bit then putting it back on again.
So pleased with my 2 lb off this week, starting to notice it in my clothes which is always a bonus
Hope youmare having a good week xxx

Hi fayhamy, where are you my lovely?! I need to tell you that I FINALLY started Jillian! She was angrier with me than I thought... Hope you're ok Hun, missing yooooou!

Back