6 stone to loose. Is slimming world the answer?

Hey lovelies

Hope everyone is well. Still have gorgeous weather here but it means nothing when ur stuck in an office all day.

This morning I have had the following:

Breakfast - banana
Snack - mandarin
Lunch - chicken and pepper salad (free) followed by apple and strawberry pot
Snack - grapes and strawberries
Dinner: some chicken and veg in a sauce. My oh made it and he made it with a tin of soup. I'm not sure how many syns that would be - it was ckn and mushroom soup and it was served on a baked potato

So only syns today was the sauce.

Also tomorrow I'm having vegetarian haggis for dinner. Anyone have any idea if this has syns?

I'm just about to settle down and watch an episode od house of cards.....desperate for a bag of crisps but will stay strong.

Night night ladies. I'll be back tomorrow catching up with u all xx

The only results for vegetarian haggis found on syns online vary quite a lot:

Macsween Vegetarian Haggis, chilled (per 100g) 4
Halls Vegetarian Haggis, chilled 454g pack (per 100g) 5½
Simon Howie Vegetarian Haggis, chilled 454g pack (per 100g) 9

Hopefully you can work out an average from this (or even better if yours is one of the ones listed!)

Thanks @HondaGirl thats really helpful.
Glad its the mcsween one phew!

Still feeling good girls hope u all are @X88B88 are u still around?

Glad it's the lowest one! Can I ask what it's like? Is it like actual haggis?

Still feeling good, too! Got a training day away from home tomorrow though and a meeting away next week - both of which include lunch, so not really looking forward to that as it's usually just mayonnaise-laced sandwiches, pastries and cakes but I'm sure I can muster something out of what's there. Hopefully they'll provide fruit anyway :)

Glad it's the lowest one! Can I ask what it's like? Is it like actual haggis?

Still feeling good, too! Got a training day away from home tomorrow though and a meeting away next week - both of which include lunch, so not really looking forward to that as it's usually just mayonnaise-laced sandwiches, pastries and cakes but I'm sure I can muster something out of what's there. Hopefully they'll provide fruit anyway :)

The vegetarian haggis is really nice. I love real haggis but find it really heavy sometimes plus I like to have a few meat free nights a week.

Urgghhhh I hate working lunches. Its the same here too.loads of sandwiches and crisps. Sometimes we do get fruit kebabs tho but then thats not ideal for a lunch id be starvingif thats all I had.
Maybe u can have a big breakfast tho is that an option?

I am so motivated right now. Has anyone liked the sw page of fb? I just saw a girl who lost 8stone and looks amazing. That is soooo gonna be me. I cant ever imagine me being that thin tho. Ive been fat all my life.
I'm kinda glad I'm working in this really lovely weather as I have absolutely zero summer clothes that fit lol!

So today I have had another great day.

Breakfast : mandarin
Lunch: ckn noodle salad
Snack: berry medley

So far a free day

Update: just had a snack. I cant resistone when I'm giving my little girl her dinner. I had a slice of toast but I can take that from my heb. I also had some of her beans cos she never ate them I think they're free also. But I also had salt and pepper crackers.

Dinner is vegetarian haggis with veg and pepper sauce. May or may not have potatoes I had some carbs in the noodles at lunch so I might try and leave the carbs at dinner.

Only sysn is the haggis and the pepper sauce tho the milk for the sauce will come from my healthy extra.

What I am finding just now is
a) I really need to start making lunches and taking them to work. I'm about £8 a day just buying a salad and fruit for the day
b) I am sick to death of Chicken

So my syns for today
Haggis 4
Crackers 4
Low fat marg 1.5

Total 9.5

I have a cheek to actually have dinner now. I'll leave the potatoes :p

Last edited:
Hey hun I am trying to loose some cabs at tea time, not sure if it will make any difference to my weightloss!!!

xxxxx

Hey hun I am trying to loose some cabs at tea time, not sure if it will make any difference to my weightloss!!!

xxxxx

Urgh I know. I sometimes feel so sick if carbs. I'm glad of being conscious now of the amount of carbs I eat. I know theyre free but still they make me sooo bloated.
Let me know how ur weigh in goes when you've cut down ur carbs? Fingers crossed for good results

Love chicken and fish!! I could eat them all day. I do wonder if I'm doing too much protein though. 1st weigh in tomorrow night so I suppose that will show me!

Love chicken and fish!! I could eat them all day. I do wonder if I'm doing too much protein though. 1st weigh in tomorrow night so I suppose that will show me!

Good luck...let us all know how u get on x

Today I am starving. But I also dont feel 100% I had a bit of an upset tummy about lunch time - theres a nasty bug going around so I hope I dont get struck down with it.
I have stayed on plan tho so thats good.

Breakfast: banana
Snack: mandarin
Lunch: chicken noodle salad and grape snack pack

Tonight is salmon and med roasted veg.

I have had 6 haribo gums tho. Have no idea what to syn for them 3 maybe :1461:

Brought a mugshot for lunch and it was disgusting!! I'm weighing in at 6 but starving now!. Oh well big dinner tonight.

So just back from my 1st weigh in and im 8lbs down!!. I know a big loss is expected the first week but I'm delighted. Hoping for 3 this week !

Wow thats amazing well done u...u must be soooo pleased xx

Well done hun :)

You did better than me in my first week I have just weighed in and was 7lbs down :)

xxxx

Well done hun :)

You did better than me in my first week I have just weighed in and was 7lbs down :)

xxxx

Thats amazing. Well done u. Great result for ur 1st week. U must be well chuffed x

Back