6lb to go....but pregnant!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by isie1980, 13 November 2010 Social URL.

1. isie1980

isie1980 Full Member

The title says it all really.

I've been on Cambridge since June, following a mix of SS+, 810 and 1000kcal plans. I'm 6 lb away from my target of 10 stone and have just found out I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. We've been trying for over a year so I took a test as soon as I was late. Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled!

Anyway, now what to I do? I am so happy to finally be pregnant but am having a mental battle about those last 6 lb. As soon as I start eating 3 meals a day I'll gain. 2 more weeks and I can hit the 10st target.

I'm not being selfish and putting my weight ahead of my baby's health, I genuinely feel terrified about eating 'properly'. I feel a bit sick and 'naughty' at the thought of real food even though I've consistently cheated these past few months. I only found out I was pregnant yesterday afternoon and all I've eaten since are 2 CD shakes.

I am so so so happy, and so so so scared at the same time.

My next weigh in is Wednesday and I promised my CDC 3 lb this week!

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Aww wow I bet you are so happy after trying for a year :)

I know what you mean about those last 6lb's - so close! But you have done so well so far anyway!

There is a forum on here called 'Pregnancy without the pounds' which might be helpful for you.

Sorry I can't really give much advice because I've only been on CD for 2 weeks and I've never been pregnant but I just wanted to say congrats & well done on getting so far with CD :)

Mini likes this.
  4. LovelyLauren

LovelyLauren My husband = My hero

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(27.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet ss
    Hi hunni

I was on lipotrim and fell with my baby!

It's so so important you start eating chick, you can loose weight next year... You've obviously wanted this beautiful baby for a while and you've been given the most wonderful present!

Forget CD for a while, join slimming world!

They have a pregnancy plan and you will still loose/maintain!

You know what to do chick follow your heart xxxx

Mini likes this.
  5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi. Congrats on the good news but as far as I understand it you have to come off CD ASAP as your body has totally different nutritional needs now. Ring your CDC today so she can advise you on stepping up and maybe join ww to help with maintaining through the pregnancy. And well done on getting to goal :)

Mini likes this.
  6. Inge Jones

Inge Jones Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I'd suggest switching to normal food now, but try to find out how much you should be eating for health in pregnancy without excessive weight gain. Neither attempt to lose fat, nor throw all caution out of the window and eat loads of junk.

Restricted food intake in pregnancy has been associated with eclampsia in some studies.

Mini likes this.
  7. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I agree - think of your baby now - you will have plenty of time to lose the weight and its not worth the risk.. You may find you lose it through sickness etc in the beginning anyway (I lost a stone in my first 12 weeks through sickness) but just enjoy being pregnant and be sensible and you'll be fine xxx

Mini likes this.
  8. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    Id get yourself on 1500 cals a day with one CD pack... you can still lose/maintain on this and remember...the packs a choc full of vitamins and minerals. just remember your folic acid and milk xx

Mini likes this.
  9. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Congratulations! :D

But come off Cambridge now. Today. Any weight you regain in the next couple of days is water weight only - and in fact, will just put you back to the weight you really are, if that makes sense. The other thing is that in early pregnancy, some folks think that the concentrated nutrients in the Cambridge shakes might be a much for your itsy witsy baby. It's really not worth the risk and heartache for the sake of a few pounds, darling. If you're scared about not having a 'plan' to follow, as Lauren says, SW do a really good pregnancy plan diet.

6 pounds is nothing. You've basically got to goal before getting pregnant - how fantastic is that? You should be sooo proud of yourself! :0clapper:

Mini likes this.
  10. isie1980

isie1980 Full Member

Thanks everyone. You're right I know and I will start eating. Hubby is selecting me a 'proper' soup for lunch in Sainsbury's as I type!
    I definitely think I will take a look at WW or SW. I know I have a tendency to binge and a weekly weigh in will keep me on track. Will definitely take a look on the pregnancy without the pounds board.
    I don't think I'll be hoping for sickness as a means to weight loss (!) but if I'm getting annoyed with nausea and sickness I'll keep that in mind as the positive side effect lol.
    Wow, big changes coming, my head is spinning! I shouldn't be shocked, we've been trying for a year, but I guess a year of disappointments does make it a very happy surprise.

Mini likes this.
  11. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    oh gosh no I wouldn't wish the sickness on anyone - I didn't have any with my first but was awful with my second. fingers crossed you don't get sick xx

Heres to a happy healthy pregnancy :) x

12. Eire

Eire Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(13.92%)
    Diet:
    Target Slim TFR. Changed to Exante TS on 5/12/'10
    Congratulations! You must be delighted.

I did WW before and lost 3 stone then I got pregnant. After I had my daughter I lost the baby weight fairly fast without trying.
    I did however put it all back on and more since due to eating rubbish. But let's not talk about that!!

13. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Congratulations on your good news:flowers:

I found this post which details the guidelines laid out by Cambridge. I hope this helps.

14. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    Oh wow, congratulations!!!

Sod the last 6lbs you have different priorities now. Concentrate on baking a healthy baby and once it's here you can go back to your weight loss. You've done it once and when baby is here you will be able to get down to goal.

Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy. xxx

15. DisneyParis

DisneyParis An Attitude of Gratitude

Congratulations, l'm so pleased for you. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.