6st loss and 5st gain, will I ever be slim again ?

angelupnorth

Gold Member
Evening all

Some of you may know me from the Cambridge forum. Last year I lost a amazing 6 st in 6 months for my wedding and boy did it feel good.

Since last sept our honeymoon in Vegas, Xmas and god knows how many weekends away have all conspired and helped me pile 5 of the 6st back on :-(

I have half heatedly tried again with Exante diet however my shifts and working on trains make it a nightmare if I forget my products, unlike Cambridge, Exante don't do ready shakes so I'm now trying Slimfast :)

Today I weighed in at 16.6, my new goal is 12.13 with no timescale in mind.
We do go away in 6 weeks and I would LOVE 28lb off but am aware slimfast results won't be as quick as Cambridge :-(

So as I say today is day 1 and my intake has been as follows,

3 shakes, banana, chocolate and Strawberry.

2 slimfast snacks, chocolate bar and pretzels

I plate of salad, cucumber. Tomatoes and onion

According to my fitness pal my intake totals exactly 1000kcal which I'm very pleased with :)

I will over the week try to drop a shake and go down to two then add to my salad to make it more substantial.

Feeling great so far and love the ease of buying slimfast products and the huge variety available to me.

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated, I look forward to reading lots of motivational diaries and getting to know you all x x x

Day 2 and a nice LITTLE drop on the scales already.

I will update my stats ASAP but pleased with my " overnight " loss and will update officially once a week on a Sat.

Raspberry shake for breakfast and I have to say as the others it was rather yummy !

Feeling good so far, not at work until Thur so a few days to get into a routine however I'm away sat, sun & Mon in London. The plus side is with Slimfast I can have shakes n snacks and will have food on a evening. 1st time in ages I've enjoyed a " diet "

Hope everyone is doing ok x x x

Hi Angel your doing Fantastic! I love the Raspberry shakes too. I'm doing slimfast till Monday then moving over to Exante. Keep up the good work

Joanne x

Hi Angel your doing Fantastic! I love the Raspberry shakes too. I'm doing slimfast till Monday then moving over to Exante. Keep up the good work

Joanne x

Thanks Dizzie, the Exante products are fab but I need ready made shakes :)

How have you found slimfast ? Are you close to goal ? x x

I like Slimfast but I want to go lower on carbs and can't with slimfast. I'm at 20 stone 6 lbs at the moments so I still have a lot to lose. I started at 34 stone 3 years a go. I'm sending my order for Exante Monday Ive gone for shakes and bars but i have added some meals and soups just to try them. My mini goal is 16 stone then 13 stone then i want to see where i go from there.

I like Slimfast but I want to go lower on carbs and can't with slimfast. I'm at 20 stone 6 lbs at the moments so I still have a lot to lose. I started at 34 stone 3 years a go. I'm sending my order for Exante Monday Ive gone for shakes and bars but i have added some meals and soups just to try them. My mini goal is 16 stone then 13 stone then i want to see where i go from there.

Well done on your loss so far, your doing fab :) some great offers on the web for Exante.

Good luck x

Day 2 is over and I'm feeling great about this " diet "

Morning all Day 3 is upon me and I've got here with no blips :)

I made the silly mistake of weighing this morning and it was slightly higher than yesterday but I know my KCAL intake if below 1200 so im not going to worry instead I will be proud I have stayed on plan ( go me lol )

6 weeks time I shall fly to Egypt for a family holiday. I will never feel how i did last year in my size 12's but even by getting at least some of the weight off I will feel a bit better in my swimwear and on the flight.

Cambridge was great for me last year but at the moment im enjoying having a Salad and Fruit alongside my shakes and that has to be healthy not only for my body but also for my mind.

Keep up the good work everyone, Monday is a new week and another step closer to slimdom x x x

Hi angel,

I'm not doing slim fast, but just wanted to wish you all the best! cannot believe how well you did last year. That is amazing!! If you can do it once you can most certainly do it again. Look forward to seeing your progress.

x

Day 4 is here and although the scales are verrrrrrry slow to move I have had less than 1200kcal everyday so they will move at some point :)

I did think about doing puerly 3 shakes a day as per cambridge but have been advised agains it so will TRY and stick to the recommended 1200 per day.

I have been feeling very tired which i think is due to the drop in sugar / high carb intake, Im off work today and tomorrow then will be more active as apart from general house work / shopping Ive not done much the last few days.

So far today Ive had 1 x shake and 1 x slimfast snack, im quite determained to get the weight off again and unlike other times im not looking for a quick fix, I want it off for good this time.

We are lucky to have 3 major holls within the next year so I have lots of fab things to keep me going.

Egypt 9 sept 2013 x 2 weeks

Dominican Jan 2014

cruise n stay around greece and Turkey July 2014

My downfall is always my social life, I do go out a lot and have LOTS of weekend away and overnight stays. I am hoping the flexbility of slimfast will help me keep on track.

Does anyone know if there are any slimfast books or guides we can buy ?
I dont want to get into the habbit of eating the slimfast " snacks " as although they are kcal counted im sure there must be healthier options out there.

Hi Angel - I've been on slimfast for awhile but I have never seen no books or guides. They do have a fourm on the main slimfast page though.

Hope that helps x x

Hi Angel - I've been on slimfast for awhile but I have never seen no books or guides. They do have a fourm on the main slimfast page though.

Hope that helps x x

Thanks, I've been on the slimfast page but there aren't a lot of visitors ?

Going to look on the official slimfast website x

Afternoon all

Today is day 5 and Im still going strong at around 1200 KCAL per day.

I have to say Im loving the variety and the ease of it.

Although its Slimfast its essentially KCAL counting.

So far today I have had my morning shake, a apple, Satsumer and 1ltr of water.

My Fitness pal as always is great for me to keep track of everything. Just need to get moving a bit more to help shift the lard !

Afternoon Angel x How did you get on with the forum on slimfast page? I found it very quiet and not many welcomed me. I've just started Exante today and put my slimfast tins away. I love My Fitness pal it as helped me a lot on this journey.

Afternoon Angel x How did you get on with the forum on slimfast page? I found it very quiet and not many welcomed me. I've just started Exante today and put my slimfast tins away. I love My Fitness pal it as helped me a lot on this journey.

Hi hunni,

Like you i found the slim fast page very quiet.
Ive added you on MFP from the link on your profile, hope thats ok.

Today was fine until I popped out with hubby..................

I have to confess Ive gone over my KCAL today thankfully only by 160kcl :sigh:

No one to blame but myself but all in all still a lot less kcal than I would have had last week so not to bad in the long run and the best thing is I dont feel bad.

Good luck with Exante, The bars were Yummy and HUGE x x x

Morning all

48 hours till weigh in and still no good drop on the scales and I know it's because I'm not being strict enough with my kcal intake :-(

I'm at work today and tomorrow so that's going to make it a bit harder as we have so many temptations at work ( I work on trains and we have a chef for 1st class & also offer afternoon tea ?) No wonder I can't keep my weight down.
I start at 3 today and should be home by midnight all being well.

less than 6 weeks till my Holiday and although I have no drop on the scales I certainly do feel a lot less blotted.

Shake number 1 down and I do enjoy them so here's to another day :)
Keep up the good work everyone !

Back