Extra Easy 7 Day Student/Budget Menu Diary

MrsE13

I joined Slimmung World this week for a happy and healthy pregnancy but unfortunately had an early miscarriage or chemical pregnancy as I think it is called. I do actually need to lose weight, so I am going to continue the diet.

I am terrible at keeping and maintaining diarys. So I'm just going to do a 7 week diary. I did my online shopping last night to arrive today. I saw that slimming world had several menus online and I liked the look of the budget/student menu. I copied and pasted the menu into Tesco and it created a list. It came to under £40 for the week.....some items I already had like pasta and some items I purchased more of, as I need to feed a hungry husband and child. Then I added extra items, snacks for my family and healthier versions for me.

I feel like following a menu like this will make things easier for me as I have no planning inloved. I've made a few tweaks but plan to follow the menu vey closely.

I will be back to update day 1 later with photos and I'll do a weigh in on day 8 morning.

Day 1

Breakfast
2 X Toast with banana (HEB)
Melon and 0% fat yogurt

Lunch
Cheesey Beans with Jacket and Salad (Hea)
image.jpeg

Dinner
Homemade burger x2 with 5% fat mince, bacon (no fat) x2, 1 egg, mushrooms, tomato, onion + salad.
image.jpeg

Snacks
Yogurt
Banana & Grapes
Milk for drinks 7
1/2 Curly Wurly 3

Syns = 10

The burgers tasted delicious, very filling. Not feeling hungry right now, so aim not to snack tonight. But if I do, I'll go with melon.

Day 1 - Done
No exercise but lots of walking.

And I have to mention that Tesco replaced my spinach with iceberg.....I'm not a fan of iceberg but I'll eat it until it's gone.

Today's breakfast is supposed to be weetabix, milk and banana but I wanted to use the melon so I repeated yesterday's breakfast.
image.jpeg

2 X hovis nimble (HEB)
Flora light 2syns
Melon
Danone Vanilla
Tangerine

What is even more impressive......we were going to have a subway for breakfast, then take daughter to feed the ducks at the boating lake. So I'm just going to have a coffee!!!

I was rubbish and forgot to take photos yesterday.

Lunch - tuna, pepper, onion, cucumber and mayo (2) on top of salad

Dinner - Special rice - just rice with prawns, chicken and loads of super free veg. Also have peas and sweet corn in. Really filling

Snacks - 1/2 curly wurly (3), milk (HEB) cheese curls (4) tangerine, banana and melon

Syns = 9

Today
Breakfast - 2 X meat free Lincolnshire sausages (2) Beans, mushrooms, tomato and egg
Tangerine
Coffee and milk (1)

Back