7 month weight loss

Hi all,
I booked our summer holiday today and have 7 and a half months to go! I’m 5ft 11 and currently weigh 17st 4 :(
and dress size leggings! Literally don’t own a single pair of trousers that fit as don’t want to admit how big I really am. I would eventually like to be around the 11.5 stone mark.
Realistically how much do you think I can lose by 1st August?

Best of luck. Are you planning on doing Slimming World and going to groups? If so, an average weight loss of 1.5-2lbs a week is definitely achievable and how most people lose. However, you will lose your first 2 stone fairly quickly and usually within the first 2 months if you stick on plan.

I reckon you can lose 4-5 stone in a healthy way before your holiday.

I'm going it alone initially as I have followed the plan previously so know what I'm doing just a case of doing it! Once the losses start to slow down I'm going to join my local group as that's when my motivation tends to slip. Best of luck to you. looks like you're counting down the days to your wedding xx

I'm going it alone initially as I have followed the plan previously so know what I'm doing just a case of doing it! Once the losses start to slow down I'm going to join my local group as that's when my motivation tends to slip. Best of luck to you. looks like you're counting down the days to your wedding xx

Ah yeah so you know already how it all works then :)

Thank you, yes, mine is August so also have that as a goal month!

Fingers crossed for you. Do you find if you lower your carb intake you lose more? Been having rice/ and or potatoes each day and worried the foods are too bulky xx

Funnily enough I just posted about carbs in my diary today. Yes, it is basically doing an SP week in slimming world terms, which they recommend you can do to speed up weight loss once you have been doing it for a few weeks. Just protein and veg. It definitely helps. However, I couldn't do it all the time as need my carbs for energy and would get dissatisfied fairly quickly.

I thought I would jump onto this post as I re-started from home a week ago all for the same reason - my summer holiday, I am fed up at feeling uncomfortable in the swimming pool! Look forward to following your progress :)

Hi, I’m so terrible at updating! 4 weeks in and 14lb down. Joined the gym and just got home from Zumba. Can’t bieve the change in me- not so much physically but so determined. Getting there. How are you getting on? X

Wow well done that's a great loss, finding all that determination plus the gym/zumba - go you!!

Well Done on the 14lbs! and doing Zumba

:wee: well done

Back