7 Syn Pizza

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I knicked this off of Annabel Karmel's site. Was going to make it for my daughter and then realised it would be perfect for SW!

She says "I love the thin crust pizzas and wheat tortilla wraps made an ideal “instant” base - turning deliciously crisp in the oven. It is also ideal for smaller children who find the slimmer base easier to eat. Sometimes the air bubbles in the wrap puff up a bit as the pizza bakes – but they deflate as soon as they come out the oven, so don’t panic!"

tortilla-pizza.jpg

Ingredients

1 wheat tortilla wrap (6 syns - 40g wrap)
2 tbsp tomato sauce
30g (1oz) grated cheddar or mozzarella (use as HEX A)

Annabel’s Quick Tomato Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil (substitute Frylight)
1 shallot, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp brown sugar (substitute Splenda)
1 tbsp tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat the oven to 200c/400F/Gas 6/Fan 180.

Put the tortilla wrap on a baking sheet and spread over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle over the cheese. You can also add any toppings that your child may like (see suggestions below).

Bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp. Cut into triangles and allow to cool slightly before serving.

To make the Tomato Sauce: Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the shallot and garlic for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, squashing the tomatoes with the back of a spoon. Boil for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce has thickened . Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Suggested Toppings (syn accordingly)
1 rasher of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled over the pizza
1 small slice ham cut into thin strips or 1 slice of salami
2-3 black stoned olives, cut into rings
1 cherry tomato, cut into rings
2 cubes drained canned pineapple, cut into dice
1 tbsp diced red pepper
1 tbsp drained canned sweetcorn
1 spring onion, sliced
2 mushrooms, sliced and sauteed in a little oil
3-4 very thin slices courgette, brushed with a little oil before putting on pizza
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
2 sunblush tomatoes, cut into small pieces

Tortilla Pizza Margherita | Annabel Karmel

Back