7 Ways To Get Your Waist Back

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by bunny_hops, 23 July 2011 Social URL.

1. bunny_hops

bunny_hops Violet is shrinking

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS was using Xenical and eating low fat and low cal. Exante baby!!!
    1) Posture..poor posture can give you a pot belly. Standing properly is especially effective for drawing in the waist ti give you more of an hour glass shape. Many women swear by the Alexander technique, for better posture. Pilates is great for the core muscles around the stomach. Fold your arms in front, level with the chest, like a Russian dancer, then twist slowly to either side, keeping your core waist muscles engaged.

2)Stress can encourage the body to store excess fat around the middle. Allow yourself a relaxation period every week, a facial, or an hour of me time.

3) Eat fat free yoghurt. A study put people on a slimming diet including 3 servings of fat free yoghurt, and found these people lost 22% more weight and 61% more body fat than people on a diet without yoghurt. The yoghurt eaters also lost 81% more fat from around their middles than non yoghurt eaters.

4) Snack on celery. Almost calorie free at just 3 calories a stick and full of fibre to help your digestion along. Celery contains natural diuretic properties, so will help you stop holding onto water, which can accumulate around the waist.

5) Add some spice! Adding a pinch of chilli to your meals could help. A study has shown that people who had half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper increases the calorie burn after a meal. It also decreases the appetite for sweet, salty and fatty foods.

6) Your intestine is home to friendly and unfriendly bacteria. The unfriendly type can cause bloating, try adding a daily probiotic, either through actimel or a supplement.

7) Get your sit ups right. Doing sit ups by over arching your back can actually make your tummy look round. To prevent this keep your feet off the ground, which also makes the exercise tougher. Add in olbique (twisting) crunches to work the muscles at the sides of the waist too.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 78storm

78storm Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Thanks Bunny. I'm sure stress is a major factor for me, but I'm working on it.

Celery & yoghurt are already in my diet so I think posture is next on my list!

4. MandyLupton

MandyLupton Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st2.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    Going to eat more celery. I do actually like it.

Mandy

5. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    great post xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.